Cheapest Aventador Yet!!!

ToofDoc

The description read 1.4K miles. The picture show 1311 miles, although that probably changed depending on when picture was taken. With that low mileage do you still think it's priced correctly Roy?

This. If it was 14k miles, it would make sense. High miles, but no story would be a good buy, IMO. However, when they have others priced much higher with more miles, something is up...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But damn! $350K BUY IT NOW on eBay?! Only 422 miles?!

Talk about someone who couldn't drive worth a shit huh?

Soooooo nobody bought the nuclear accelerator? Bummer.

Sadam Hussein tried but his credit card declined. Then he died. Osama tried too.

Soooooo nobody bought the nuclear accelerator? Bummer.

I saw it a few months back in a ship yard in Mobile disassembled in a million pieces. It's worth it's weight in scrap metal, that's it. The guy who has it now is going to try to build some sort of gantry crane out of it, I think he told me that he paid $40k for it.

Here is a pic of the car in question...the damage pic

No, that's not a damage pic, that's a picture taken during the "SHAZAMIFICATION" of the poor car. Here are the damage pics...

64403352uMQi50.jpg

6441428YiQyP3i.jpg

644223OdPtNQZx.jpg

Let's not forget, the damage may not look too bad in the pics, fender, bumper, suspension and maybe a wheel, but note that there's damage to the cowl as indicated by the broken windshield. Does anyone remember what the cowl area of the aventador is made of?

:iamwithstupid: Looks like someone or something put that "dent" in the windscreen.

That's the biggest issue with the carbon fibre tub chassis, even if it suffers from a relatively low impact accident it's prohibitively expensive to replace and you will have to bin the car.

:iamwithstupid: Looks like someone or something put that "dent" in the windscreen.

That's the biggest issue with the carbon fibre tub chassis, even if it suffers from a relatively low impact accident it's prohibitively expensive to replace and you will have to bin the car.

Which raises the question, thoughts on binning the car vs being stuck with a storied car - which is worse?

Which raises the question, thoughts on binning the car vs being stuck with a storied car - which is worse?

It's been binned once... these fix-n-flip guys are the automotive world's dumpster divers. Sad thing is some guys won't do the homework when buying a car and they see a magical price tag, and get caught up in a well told story about a car that looks just good enough to grab them by the short n' curlies.

Granted there are some cars that are quite rebuildable and well worth saving, as long as it's done right, but it seems like that isn't what most of the rebuilders are doing.

With full disclosure, rebuilt by a reputable repairer and if the price reflects it why not? but unfortunately 99% of the time that isn't he case.

There are unique cars out there which are worth saving.

It's been binned once... these fix-n-flip guys are the automotive world's dumpster divers. Sad thing is some guys won't do the homework when buying a car and they see a magical price tag, and get caught up in a well told story about a car that looks just good enough to grab them by the short n' curlies.

Granted there are some cars that are quite rebuildable and well worth saving, as long as it's done right, but it seems like that isn't what most of the rebuilders are doing.

I wrote my post wrong - I meant to say in general, which is better - binning A car or being stuck with a repaired car with the extreme depreciation that comes with it.

With full disclosure, rebuilt by a reputable repairer and if the price reflects it why not? but unfortunately 99% of the time that isn't he case.

There are unique cars out there which are worth saving.

Therein lies the rub. How many seven figure classics do we know about that have been resurrected from the scrapheap before there were salvage and branded titles? Somehow when historians discuss the "provenance" of these investment quality cars, I've never seen any derogatory descriptions of the cars rebuild aka "sympathetic restoration" or "chassis restored by world renown _________ expert..." There are Miuras out there that have been restored where the car's had a wheelbase that's two inches shorter on one side than the other after a substandard collision repair or restoration, yet somehow these cars don't wear the "SHAZAM" moniker.

Of course there are cars out there that are worth saving and not all salvage cars are the same, IE I know of a murcielago a few years back that had a certificate of destruction because it was stolen and had it's vin #'s altered. The car was recovered after the owner was paid off by the insurance company so they totaled the car and gave it the CD. On the other end of the spectrum, I know of a Diablo roadster that was involved in a mechanics shop fire where there was nothing left of the car other than the frame, yet somehow that car got through the ordeal with a clean title?!

I suppose if the price is right and the buyer does the proper due diligence, there really isn't that much wrong with a properly rebuilt/repaired car.

Therein lies the rub. How many seven figure classics do we know about that have been resurrected from the scrapheap before there were salvage and branded titles? Somehow when historians discuss the "provenance" of these investment quality cars, I've never seen any derogatory descriptions of the cars rebuild aka "sympathetic restoration" or "chassis restored by world renown _________ expert..."

I think you answered your question right there. They are already recognized as a classic and worth saving. People want THAT car and the only chance to get it is through a damaged car that was rebuilt as they can't just order up another. For any of the more modern cars like a Mac F1, F40, Enzo even a Diablo GT/6.0 or Jota I could see a full rebuild on and someone buying off on it. But for a "run of the mill" Murci or Aventador it just isn't going to happen...at least not yet anyway.

I think you answered your question right there. They are already recognized as a classic and worth saving. People want THAT car and the only chance to get it is through a damaged car that was rebuilt as they can't just order up another. For any of the more modern cars like a Mac F1, F40, Enzo even a Diablo GT/6.0 or Jota I could see a full rebuild on and someone buying off on it. But for a "run of the mill" Murci or Aventador it just isn't going to happen...at least not yet anyway.

Right, my point is though that none of those cars have the SHAZAM stigma attached to them.

I wrote my post wrong - I meant to say in general, which is better - binning A car or being stuck with a repaired car with the extreme depreciation that comes with it.

Can you please clarify, being stuck with it meaning the insurance company fixing it and handing it back to you or you willingly purchasing a car which was damaged and repaired at a discounted price?

Right, my point is though that none of those cars have the SHAZAM stigma attached to them.

It would mainly be due to their vintage and rarity also lack of records so the "historians" once their reputation is established can call it whichever way they want, in today's age with a camera at every corner nobody gets away with anything :icon_mrgreen:

Can you please clarify, being stuck with it meaning the insurance company fixing it and handing it back to you or you willingly purchasing a car which was damaged and repaired at a discounted price?

If you originally owned it and it was handed back to you after insurance repaired it vs getting a check for a totaled car.