Stage 3 with Race Heads to Race Version?

TXTT

Currently have a Stage 3 with race heads. Sent the car to Kevin to get a quickshift and started getting the itch. Has anyone gone from a Stage 3 with or wihtout race heads to a 1R? How noticable was the power difference? Was it worth the change and wait? Along with the $ I have a function to go to in a couple of weeks. (HS Reunion). Will be cutting it close on time if I push forward with the upgrade. Would like to drive the car to the function. Not life or death but would be nice.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently have a Stage 3 with race heads. Sent the car to Kevin to get a quickshift and started getting the itch. Has anyone gone from a Stage 3 with or wihtout race heads to a 1R? How noticable was the power difference? Was it worth the change and wait? Along with the $ I have a function to go to in a couple of weeks. (HS Reunion). Will be cutting it close on time if I push forward with the upgrade. Would like to drive the car to the function. Not life or death but would be nice.

You're an animal....I love it! :icon_mrgreen:

Just do it. However, the wild card will not be UGR, but the transport. I went straight with a 1R (bought my car finished) and my "low-boost" C16 setting is about what a maxed out Stage 3 is at. It feels slow to me B)

TXTT---I have a specific opinion for this particular forum for high horsepower freaks (you and I)....Post lots of pictures and videos of your GTT or we will ALWAYS tell you that it needs to be faster, haha!

I'm curious to hear about the quickshift upgrade your getting and how you like it. Keep us filled in on the details!

I am not going to even get on this board anymore until my motor gets built.... It is just depressing. I hate all of you.

Danny,

Bottom line is that a 1R will make 300 more whp than a stage 3 (with or without race heads). Remember that race heads will only allow you to make more power on pump gas, but as far as absolute max power on race fuel, the race heads will not yield any additional power over a standard stage 3 without race heads.

Anyways, so the question you have to ask yourself is.....is an additional 300 whp from where you are now worth the extra cost to YOUR happiness? Only you can answer that question. I think most people on this board being that they are HP freaks will say HELL YES, DO IT. But some others who are more weak in the pants, such as duhawks, might refrain.

GL with your decision and keep us posted. :icon_thumleft:

I'm curious to hear about the quickshift upgrade your getting and how you like it. Keep us filled in on the details!

Quick shift is awesome. Only effective at higher rpm though but when you are in that area

its damn impressive and worth it. At full throttle 8k rpm shifts this car with 2x the HP

is less violent feeling than my stock lp560.

Quick shift is awesome. Only effective at higher rpm though but when you are in that area

its damn impressive and worth it. At full throttle 8k rpm shifts this car with 2x the HP

is less violent feeling than my stock lp560.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I am getting the quickshift for sure.

It's guys like Mullet who pressure me into wanting more.

It's guys like Duhawks that make me feel I have enough. Lol.

Will wait to see how hard Kevin hits me in the nuts with 2013 pricing before I make my decision.

Danny.

Any 04-08's that have the quick shift upgrade? From the video's it seems that its a lot more noticeable on the LP gens and not so much in the years prior. Was debating getting it but didn't think it would be too noticeable.

Any 04-08's that have the quick shift upgrade? From the video's it seems that its a lot more noticeable on the LP gens and not so much in the years prior. Was debating getting it but didn't think it would be too noticeable.

so you spend 6 figures on the build and want to not get everything? Just get the quickshift so you don't forever doubt in the future if you should have at the beginning.

you can never have too much HP. Always have more than enough and use just what you need at the time.

so you spend 6 figures on the build and want to not get everything? Just get the quickshift so you don't forever doubt in the future if you should have at the beginning.

you can never have too much HP. Always have more than enough and use just what you need at the time.

Lol at first I thought the quick shift came with the 2R price but Kev informed me its a specialty upgrade. This far in the build with costs and knowing I will be going back for the 3R, after reviewing video's I am not sure if its worth the extra money at the moment. Does not seem to make a big difference on pre LP's but I see a huge difference in the newer gens.

Currently looking for a 2nd and 3rd career to help recoup funds for the 2R. If anyone is hiring, I have resume's on stand by.

LOL all these jokes.

Let me be clear. A bolt on is cool for a little while. Then it feels painfully slow. I had my fun with the bolt on though. Went to two drag strips, a road course, and a half mile for two days. All that in about 60 days lol.

Time for more power. I have the quick shifts. If you arent under WOT it really feels normal. At WOT you hardly can even feel like the car shifted. It is great.

I like to get my moneys worth and enjoy each power level. If I draw out the process then I get a bigger return on my money instead of going straight for the big daddy power.

Kisco, be prepared to see my tail lights :)

At full throttle 8k rpm shifts this car with 2x the HP is less violent feeling than my stock lp560.

Wow ... That's quite an endorsement ... Smoother and faster ... What's not to like ...

LOL all these jokes.

Let me be clear. A bolt on is cool for a little while. Then it feels painfully slow. I had my fun with the bolt on though. Went to two drag strips, a road course, and a half mile for two days. All that in about 60 days lol.

Time for more power. I have the quick shifts. If you arent under WOT it really feels normal. At WOT you hardly can even feel like the car shifted. It is great.

I like to get my moneys worth and enjoy each power level. If I draw out the process then I get a bigger return on my money instead of going straight for the big daddy power.

Kisco, be prepared to see my tail lights :)

Hi duhawks,

the quickshift sounds great.

I will probably end up going same road of TT as you are.

Get used to bolt on first and then move on.

I like your warning to kisco:)

At last standing kilometer run here in western australia, my very cheeky son-in-law in his 600 bhp -1500 kg skyline GTalways kept asking me at start of run against him in my 750bhp-2200kg Audi RS6 V10TT "let me know if my brake lights are working"

this is no way to get the inheritance, I told him:)

cheers,

john

LMAO!

Ain't that the truth lol.

I'm gonna start growing pot and selling it or something. Me and Kisco are just gonna go into together and get a stage 2 570. Put two steering wheels in it.

Big builds are not great from a dig. Too much turbo lag. Ask me how I know :)

Nice runs. Just busting balls (or at least trying to). So who was the king of the hill at the Georgia half mile?

I know I am just playing. Not me that is for sure!

Two GTRs went 198 and 203. 1500 hp viper went 180s. 1700 hp vetter went 194. My buddy's stage 3 UGR went 182 on pump and ice. I only went 175. I believe that is really it for anything over 170. DA was 3600 plus because we were at almost 3,000ft above sea level.

Look on my youtube channel. I have a video vs that GTR that went 198. Also raced a tuned r8 so you can see the difference between bolt on and not. Pretty cool to see.

These LP cars really are fast from a dig. I was shocked at how fast they get out of the hole. I think to chase me down from a dig and pass me before the half mile someone needed to go 190 plus.

Also if you want quick shifts just watch my videos. Listen to how fast the gear shifts are. You can hardly notice them.

I know a guy that's hiring in Vegas. Something involving handing out "business" cards on the strip...

I have been practicing the art of slapping the full hand of cards together while flicking them and sticking it right in your face.

Also been practicing my new speech...

'Wadter one dollaer"

I think most people on this board being that they are HP freaks will say HELL YES, DO IT. But some others who are more weak in the pants, such as duhawks, might refrain.

HAHAHAHA.

Wait a second didn't you start with selling you car then went for a simple bolt and now have a Stage III with 4k burning a hole in your pocket as you try to find something to spend it on? :eusa_dance: