How hard do you guys drive your Murci?

szabo_martin

I tend to be easier on my cars then most, but with the Murci I just find I drive it harder a lot more then I have any other car. I do let the car warm up before pushing it and will shift into 2nd then ease into her rather then dropping the hammer in 1st, but still find I wind her out to 5,6,7K more often then any other car I've ever had. In traffic I use 1st to get the car moving then shift to 2nd pretty quick, then shift between 3-4k, but almost every drive I'll wind it out at least a couple times. How tough are these motors? I figure with 12 cylinders it can't be stressing a lot of components short of the clutch. I do chang ethe oil every 3K miles with Motul 300V. Oddly I didn't push the Gallardo as hard as I'm giving it to the Murci, but it feels like it likes it.

I don't know that I have ever hit redline, especially being power drops at top rpm range. However, I don't drive it at 3500rpm everywhere either. It's good to drive a little spirited. If you aren't at least burning out the condensation in the exhaust then you are doing more harm then good I would think..

There was a Murci with over 230k miles on it.. I believe these are pretty strong engines my man.

The car responds to aggressive throttle response, I love winding it hard and hearing it roar. As soon as I've warmed it up and all the gauges are at operating temperature I'll put the egear in sport mode and nail it.

The car responds to aggressive throttle response, I love winding it hard and hearing it roar. As soon as I've warmed it up and all the gauges are at operating temperature I'll put the egear in sport mode and nail it.

:iamwithstupid:

key is to always warming up before driving aggressive.

Yeah, Simon George's Murci is epic. I've been reading his evo posts since he first picked up the orange Murci. I think for a car with so many track days and different drivers, the maintenance hasn't been that bad. I died a little when I heard it was crashed, but so glad he's bringing it back to life.

The Murci loves to rev. The engine feels "strained" when driving the speed limit. But as soon as you get some open roads...let it scream. The car really comes alive in the upper rpm's. This V12 is silky smooth...love driving it hard!

Diablo.jpg

I agree! We went on an epic drive with this beautiful SE30 and we pushed the cars fairly hard and the Murci was as smooth as butter the whole day. The car loves being wound out to 6500 a down a few straights. After slow city driving she feels a bit jumpy and rough, but after a few blasts the engine is as smooth as silk. Blew my mind the speed of the SE30...such an amazing machine.

Drive your car hard in the end of the day it's only a car, if you want to pamper and baby it go buy a Feggali sit in your garage and stare at it. :icon_thumleft:

Thats what I was thinking. There can't be much stress on 12 cylinders to cart 3500lbs around. Its a good point about V angles tho, I didnt even think about friction from the piston wanting to go straight down but being forced on an angle.

• 3 weeks later...

Warming engine alone n driving hard will cause alot of problems in long run, best is to drive it arnd 2.5-3k rpm fr atleast 15 mins after warmup and wait till oil temp is arnd 100-100c.

Yes, perfect moving diagram showing the angle of the piston going up the bore, however this one shows the angle better :jackoff:

:icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...
Diablo.jpg

I agree! We went on an epic drive with this beautiful SE30 and we pushed the cars fairly hard and the Murci was as smooth as butter the whole day. The car loves being wound out to 6500 a down a few straights. After slow city driving she feels a bit jumpy and rough, but after a few blasts the engine is as smooth as silk. Blew my mind the speed of the SE30...such an amazing machine.

How did the SE compare ?

• 1 month later...

We both stepped on it at 80kph and ran up to 250kph...he has straight pipes as do I. the cars sounded really really similar. They were neck and neck...makes you appreciate that they are so closely related

After every drive I open the bonnet and leave it open so as to allow cooling...this way the plastic/rubber wiring and other non-metal parts don't break down from the extreme heat when the car is parked after a hard drive. May sound silly but I like to drive hard and take exceptional care of my car. I also drive with gloves as mine is a 6 speed manual for better grip and to keep dirt and grime off the controls and switches since bare fingers never touch them.

Now that mine is sold I can say i drove the fcuk out of it.. drifted it at 130mph routinely.. tore the tires off in 500 miles.. .

J/K... these cars are bullet proof as long as taken car of.. I was always afraid to drive too hard because i didn't want to have to pay for anything too expensive to repair, but from everything I gather, you would have to drive like a retard to hurt these cars.