What is my car worth?

Lubejobs42

I have 2 new cars coming in within the next 30 days. I am considering selling my Aventador coupe. I use to be able to judge prices by other listings but I'm really at a loss with this one! I don't like to waste time with unreasonable asking prices. I use to list my cars on Ebay but the amount of dreamers and tire kickers you have to deal with is crazy.

What's it worth?

2012 Aventador 1,500 miles. All options but smokers package and heated seats.

$10k exhaust from Lambo of Newport beach.

Painted calipers

clear bra entire car.

Carbon diffuser and exterior pieces.

Just looking for honest opinions.

post-21609-1386995727_thumb.jpg

post-21609-1386995832_thumb.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

120 views and no replies?

I'm not guru at pricing used cars, but as a consumer have shopped and watched the prices for an Aventador for the last year, I haven't seen a preowned 2012 A sold above $400K in a while! I know owners and dealers try to sell their 2012 for $389K and having a difficult time!

With the 2013 coupes, 2013 Roadsters, 2014 coupes, Roadsters, & Anniversary variants currently out AND with the new V10 coming out next year....I believe we will start seeing the 2012 Aventadors priced in the high $200K to low $300Ks in 2014.

Definitely a buyer's market!

Ask a dealer what they will give you for the car and add a bit to that. That should be a pretty good sanity check. My guess is that the car sells very easily and quickly around the $350 mark.

I would imagine a good trade value can be obtained with a dealer that you have great relationship with, especially if you're buying the new one from them.

Selling it privately is painful!

Dealers will try to take you. Don't be fooled. These cars are still strong.

The 2012's will be more desirable one day when people realize how cool they were. The problem is they take around 4-5k miles to fully break-in and since most people don't drive their exotics much, they don't reach that point. The 2012 Aventador is an amazing car.

I'll do $350k right now... :)

I think listing it at $375k would be a good start, many have been sitting for a while at the $380-$390k range...

Ask a dealer what they will give you for the car and add a bit to that. That should be a pretty good sanity check. My guess is that the car sells very easily and quickly around the $350 mark.

I would imagine a good trade value can be obtained with a dealer that you have great relationship with, especially if you're buying the new one from them.

Selling it privately is painful!

Dealer trade is a horrible idea, they will be forced to hit you at 40k back of retail. It is better to maybe consign it through a dealer if you dont want the headache.

Dealer trade is a horrible idea, they will be forced to hit you at 40k back of retail. It is better to maybe consign it through a dealer if you dont want the headache.

Or more.

I think realistic sell # is $350k..cars asking slightly more sitting forever. The Salamone car sitting forever as well.

The Team Salamone car is sitting cause Team Waldie is driving it. He has offers he can take at any time. Steve Waldie is more of a car fanatic than I am. He is enjoying the Aventador.

That car can sell for 400. All day long.

It is better to maybe consign it through a dealer if you dont want the headache.

This is a great way, but an agreed value is still required between the dealer and the owner, right?

My car is on consignment, myself and the dealer agreed on a price and anything above that price, it's the dealer's profit.

My dealer also stated if I consign it, I'll get more than if I just sell it out right to the dealer.

To me, consign value pretty much = a trade in value since I negotiated with my dealer on a value.

This is a great way, but an agreed value is still required between the dealer and the owner, right?

My car is on consignment, myself and the dealer agreed on a price and anything above that price, it's the dealer's profit.

My dealer also stated if I consign it, I'll get more than if I just sell it out right to the dealer.

To me, consign value pretty much = a trade in value since I negotiated with my dealer on a value.

Thats not the same thing as trading in your car. If a dealer has to pony up the money for it, and sell it themselves, they will give you a lot less money than you can get yourself or through consignment.

Thats not the same thing as trading in your car. If a dealer has to pony up the money for it, and sell it themselves, they will give you a lot less money than you can get yourself or through consignment.

I see what you're saying from a dealer's perspective.

My dealer is trying to sell a 2012 coupe with 760 miles for $369,000 .......and has not had even one offer. I hear 349,000 will buy it.

color, location?

My dealer is trying to sell a 2012 coupe with 760 miles for $369,000 .......and has not had even one offer. I hear 349,000 will buy it.

Sold. Send me the info.

Not even close. The dealer isn't risking their own money on the car plus they are also making a lot on the sale of the new car. Win-win for them in your case. I've had dealers offer to consign my car and give me all the $$$ towards the new purchase because they knew I'd be paying msrp.