113 members have voted

1. 1. Huracan or LP Gallardo

• Huracan LP 610
    • LP 550/560/570/STS/SL/Perf/SC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think the Gallardo/LP5x0 series had aged very well. Look at the Reventon compared to the Aventador and my point would be quite clear.

i think i like the LP570SL over the HURACAN... but as soon as there's an SL-esque treatment for the HURACAN, i'm going to be jumping ship!

:iamwithstupid:

I actually think the Gallardo/LP5x0 series had aged very well. Look at the Reventon compared to the Aventador and my point would be quite clear.

The Gallardo aged extremely well, my neighbour drives a 04 and it still looks amazing every time I see it, the shape is timeless that's the reason why I am very happy to see that the Huracan is more of an evolution rather than a ground up completely different look.

I like the fact that its design is more fluid, refined and quite elegant but at the same time aggressive, I like its stance hunching/charging forward, I like the engine cover that is raised and rounded to accentuate the charging forward stance and the fact that some of its design elements pay homage to older Lambos. Initially I thought the design was tamed, not aggressive enough, but the more I study it the more I understand why the designer took this approach, the design IMO is equally as timeless if not more as the design of the outgoing Gallardo with LOTS of room to grow, needless to say I am really liking it!

I think playing with cuts and creases is quite a risky business, it can quickly look "overdone" or like it is trying too hard, I think Lambo did an amazing job at getting it just right, now the evolution will be the exciting part, the Spyder, the Superleggera, they have an amazing base to built on, I am looking forward to the future.

The Gallardo aged extremely well, my neighbour drives a 04 and it still looks amazing every time I see it, the shape is timeless that's the reason why I am very happy to see that the Huracan is more of an evolution rather than a ground up completely different look.

I like the fact that its design is more fluid, refined and quite elegant but at the same time aggressive, I like its stance hunching/charging forward, I like the engine cover that is raised and rounded to accentuate the charging forward stance and the fact that some of its design elements pay homage to older Lambos. Initially I thought the design was tamed, not aggressive enough, but the more I study it the more I understand why the designer took this approach, the design IMO is equally as timeless if not more as the design of the outgoing Gallardo with LOTS of room to grow, needless to say I am really liking it!

I think playing with cuts and creases is quite a risky business, it can quickly look "overdone" or like it is trying too hard, I think Lambo did an amazing job at getting it just right, now the evolution will be the exciting part, the Spyder, the Superleggera, they have an amazing base to built on, I am looking forward to the future.

Very interesting points you have made here...I think if you study the design more closely looking at past and present and how it does evolve rather then just break from the Gallardo altogether. Its kind of a favor to the owners of the past models to respect what they have in their garage currently w/o totally dating the older Gallardo. If you compare the Murci with the Aventador then the Murci looks very dated...but not at all with the Huracan/Gallardo comparison. The Huracan will evolve amazingly...I also like the fact that it still stands out as distinctly Lambo. I think the sesto is nice but limiting in what you can do with it. Not the Huracan...this car will be a MOD favorite...most MODS will look nice if done tastefully. The Gallardo however was a timeless beauty and MODS seldom looked nice on it.

Anyway private showing being held in Houston in February and they are asking for $10k down to place an order. I am thinking...i may just become a multi-Lambo owner.

I am curious to see what the prices do on the LPs when this car comes out. I think the G will always remain in the top 10 of best looking cars ever made.

I either jump ship now and buy the replacement but then you lose money big time on the new car. Or do I hang in there and lose just a little bit off my 570 while the Huracan depreciates???

i think i like the LP570SL over the HURACAN... but as soon as there's an SL-esque treatment for the HURACAN, i'm going to be jumping ship!

:iamwithstupid: Hopefully it'll be a Sesto-legerra :D

I love the 570 but the Huracan put few years on in instantly and it's just the base model, I can't wait to see it in a Superleggera format, it will be crazy. Good times ahead!

Right now a white on red STS would be THE car for me. A soon as I see a white on red Huracan I am sure my mind will be changed. That being said the Huracan is downright ridiculous looking!

The Huracan reinvents the super car. Gallardo's are now timeless classics like the Murcielago became after the Aventador. It doesn't make them any less amazing than they were yesterday. They still have their charm and are very capable. I drove my Murcielago SV and Aventador both today and the SV still owns it in many ways! The Aventador has it's own special sauce too. Lamborghini's don't become old, they become classics.

Unfortunately for some, its the MP4's and 458's that have expired. If you have one of them, I recommend that you sell it as quickly as you can to make way for a Huracan. The prices of both will drop a lot more soon. No one will want them when Huracans are on the roads.

Well said.

Unfortunately for some, its the MP4's and 458's that have expired. If you have one of them, I recommend that you sell it as quickly as you can to make way for a Huracan. The prices of both will drop a lot more soon. No one will want them when Huracans are on the roads.

Ill get right on that! :thefinger:

Anyway private showing being held in Houston in February and they are asking for $10k down to place an order. I am thinking...i may just become a multi-Lambo owner.

Do you have a good connection with those guys? I'd love to get an invite and see the car. Curious what there allotment will be for 2014.

Do you have a good connection with those guys? I'd love to get an invite and see the car. Curious what there allotment will be for 2014.

I will see if I can extend invite to others.

The Huracan reinvents the super car. Gallardo's are now timeless classics like the Murcielago became after the Aventador. It doesn't make them any less amazing than they were yesterday. They still have their charm and are very capable. I drove my Murcielago SV and Aventador both today and the SV still owns it in many ways! The Aventador has it's own special sauce too. Lamborghini's don't become old, they become classics.

I won't be selling my 12C for one. I doubt it will be able to hang with the McLaren.

I won't be selling my 12C for one. I doubt it will be able to hang with the McLaren.

It won't, it will be too embarrassed.

Fortis - absolutely brilliant response! :lol2: :drunk:

Dang Fortis you jumped ship quick!!! Already changed your avatar.

:icon_thumleft:

Thanks to LamboCARS, I love his Superleggera take on the Huracan it was very nice of him to take his time to render it for me in my favorite color! Hopefully Lambo will make it look just as cool!

:icon_thumleft:

Thanks to LamboCARS, I love his Superleggera take on the Huracan it was very nice of him to take his time to render it for me in my favorite color! Hopefully Lambo will make it look just as cool!

Yeah that looks super cool.

Not gonna lie. I have an order form lol. Haven't filled it out yet though.

Car is going to be so nice.