Things are getting crazy in Kiev

Robster Craws

Americans do not all have a foreign policy view of "You are with us or against us." What actions has the U.S. taken on false pretense? And no one is talking of sending soldiers into Ukraine.

As for the UN policing the world, that's like saying you could form an organization consisting of MS-13, the Bloods, and the Crips, and have them together police Los Angeles. Are you aware of just who the UN consists of? China and Russia are both members of the UN, and of the UN Security Council. The UN also includes such esteemed protectors of human rights as North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, etc...

Gulf of Tonkin, Spanish-American war ( sinking of battle ship which was found out to just be a fire not Spanish attack ), weapons of mass destruction. Not to mention the more than a few acts done by the U.S to promote democracy in the face of communism. There seemed to be no problem in trading one evil for another as long as communism was put down. Not looking at the long term effects of such decisions. Mistakes, everyone makes them and I believe them to be okay. Sure doesn't help our international image in any way.

America has marketed to the public various things to achieve war, and essentially the government's own agenda.

As for the UN, yes I am aware of who is part of it. I guess I keep a naive mindset that educated people can work with one another even if they are not quite friends. I think about it, and it was a rather poor suggestion to put the UN as a sort of "international security." Their rep is poor and likely a whole new system would need to be put in place. However, I firmly believe that given a task, friend or not, work can be done together. Choosing to outcast countries is a cause for problems.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America has marketed to the public various things to achieve war, and essentially the government's own agenda.

dont forget that the united states was actively supplying weapons to mujahideen during the soviet war in afghanistan. reagan must have also had something to hover over the heads of saudi arabia as after he made them an intermediary for delivering weapons and supplies to mujahideen. while that wasnt enough he continued to use the influence of the united states to force saudi arabia to flood the market with cheap oil undercutting the soviet union which essentially lead to bankrupting it.

Gulf of Tonkin, Spanish-American war ( sinking of battle ship which was found out to just be a fire not Spanish attack ), weapons of mass destruction. Not to mention the more than a few acts done by the U.S to promote democracy in the face of communism. There seemed to be no problem in trading one evil for another as long as communism was put down. Not looking at the long term effects of such decisions. Mistakes, everyone makes them and I believe them to be okay. Sure doesn't help our international image in any way.

Gulf of Tonkin was dealing with North Korea. The Spanish-American War was in the very late 19th century and so I don't think really counts. I mean things in the 20th and 21st century, primarily after World War II. I mean the U.S. in its past did horrible things to the Native Americans and black people, oppressed women's rights, etc...no one denies all of that.

Weapons of mass destruction was not any lie or bullying, it was something that the intelligence of the time confirmed and that multiple countries believed. Regarding communism, that is just a reality of dealing with bad actors oftentimes. Often you simply have to side with the evil that is against the evil that is your enemy. That isn't bullying, that is just a reality. As for our "international image," there's two of those:

1) Our image in the eyes of the countries whom it doesn't mean much but many of our critics seem to care about

2) Our image in the eyes of the countries whom it does mean much but whom our critics seem not to care about

Personally, I couldn't care less what our image is to many countries so long as we are respected as a benevolent power that will crush oppressors. If the free countries want to call us "warmongers," so be it. But if it keeps the true warmongers and aggressors of the world in line, that is what is important. Great powers should never seek to be liked, which is one of Obama's problems I think. They are often hated out of sheer jealousy.

As for the UN, yes I am aware of who is part of it. I guess I keep a naive mindset that educated people can work with one another even if they are not quite friends. I think about it, and it was a rather poor suggestion to put the UN as a sort of "international security." Their rep is poor and likely a whole new system would need to be put in place. However, I firmly believe that given a task, friend or not, work can be done together. Choosing to outcast countries is a cause for problems.

Educated people who are not quite friends working together is different than trying to get the countries of the world to be peaceful when many are bent on conquest and harbor deep resentments.

I'm in! We need a secret handshake. :icon_mrgreen:

I will come up with something after all I am the mastermind behind this project !

Gulf of Tonkin was dealing with North Korea. The Spanish-American War was in the very late 19th century and so I don't think really counts. I mean things in the 20th and 21st century, primarily after World War II. I mean the U.S. in its past did horrible things to the Native Americans and black people, oppressed women's rights, etc...no one denies all of that.

Weapons of mass destruction was not any lie or bullying, it was something that the intelligence of the time confirmed and that multiple countries believed. Regarding communism, that is just a reality of dealing with bad actors oftentimes. Often you simply have to side with the evil that is against the evil that is your enemy. That isn't bullying, that is just a reality. As for our "international image," there's two of those:

1) Our image in the eyes of the countries whom it doesn't mean much but many of our critics seem to care about

2) Our image in the eyes of the countries whom it does mean much but whom our critics seem not to care about

Personally, I couldn't care less what our image is to many countries so long as we are respected as a benevolent power that will crush oppressors. If the free countries want to call us "warmongers," so be it. But if it keeps the true warmongers and aggressors of the world in line, that is what is important. Great powers should never seek to be liked, which is one of Obama's problems I think. They are often hated out of sheer jealousy.

Educated people who are not quite friends working together is different than trying to get the countries of the world to be peaceful when many are bent on conquest and harbor deep resentments.

Thank you for class sir ! But Gulf of Tonkin is Vietnam, that is the one thing I must point out. I assume you meant as so, but put Korea. I still can't help but feel off about "weapons of mass destruction." I was probably in middle school during said time and when I think Iraq, that gets played like a broken record in my head.

Haha, really, I enjoy this stuff but it isn't where my knowledge is. I'm glad to have a response. Politics are rather interesting.

Wheels. I am sorry to say that I doubt you and I will ever get along, I think at times you can fascinate me but at times you are one of two people on here that infuriate the fcuk out of me.

Thanks :) BTW people can get along fine while disagreeing in terms of policy.

Thank you for class sir ! But Gulf of Tonkin is Vietnam, that is the one thing I must point out. I assume you meant as so, but put Korea. I still can't help but feel off about "weapons of mass destruction." I was probably in middle school during said time and when I think Iraq, that gets played like a broken record in my head.

Haha, really, I enjoy this stuff but it isn't where my knowledge is. I'm glad to have a response. Politics are rather interesting.

You are welcome, and yes, meant North Vietnam, not North Korea, thanks for the correction.

Ok who wants to hear my foreign policy? :icon_mrgreen:

I know it will never happen but here it goes, I would form an international super elite army, the most equipped and trained army in the world, recruit the best mercenaries and put them on the sort of wages that their own wives would tell them, go honey we will be ok if you don't come back :icon_mrgreen: , have bases in every country who adheres to our ideals, way of thinking and lifestyle, have every kind of defense systems, missiles, etc.

The minute some POS steps out of line, killing innocent people, committing terrorist acts, etc. steamroll the f*ck out of them! show no mercy!

Call it bulling or not I do not care, you screw with OUR free world you are gone!

This will never happen because we are led by giant vaginas, because of it our innocent, women, men and children have their blood spilled on the streets at the hand of human cave scum!

Give me the presidency for 12 months and I will clean up the place so nicely you'd be able to eat your dinner off the floor :icon_mrgreen:

Ok since my plan of taking over the world is counter productive I better go work on my house LOL

I know Im going to sound like a nut job tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist etc. this sounds a lot like a New World Order type system. This is all fine in theory until one nation or leader decides something isnt exactly the way they think it should be and fcuk the whole thing up. You can set up at the beginning they will only act if X event happens but it will always be an ever growing list.

Photo showing shrapnel damage:

post-24965-1405968531.jpg

Justin Bronk, an analyst at the Royal United Services Institute in London, said: “The size of the shrapnel holes is consistent with what one might expect to see from an SA-11 hit. However, it is difficult to assess the total blast pattern with such a small fragment of fuselage.”

Another analyst, Douglas Barrie of the International Institute for Strategic Studies, said the photographic evidence “was consistent with the kind of damage you would expect to see from the detonation of a high explosive fragmentation warhead of the type commonly used in a SAM system”.

Both analysts cautioned, however, that further work would be needed to ascertain exactly what had happened, including chemical testing for explosive residue.

For what it is worth the Russians are pointing fingers at the US and Ukraine:

The Russians also demanded an explanation from Ukraine's government, saying a Ukrainian warplane flew within two to three miles of MH17. It somewhat pointed the finger at Kiev, saying that Ukraine had surface-to-air missiles near separatist-controlled areas at the time of the crash.

The Russian military took accusations a bit further Monday, hinting at some strange speculations. The spokesman asked: "Is it a coincidence that the time of the MH17 crash is the same as a U.S. satellite flew over Ukraine?"

Photo showing shrapnel damage:

post-24965-1405968531.jpg

With anti air missiles, you will see massive amounts of superficial damage from small molten fragments. There are none.

Topple that with the the birdshot sized dents... Someone shot this with buckshot.

What's most fucked up is that the terrorists that shot down the plane are being allowed to control the crash scene. Why???????????? Nobody in the UN has a spine? Obama and friends just put their hands in their pockets and say "OK"??? Then again, what do you expect from a President that allows his own people to get slaughtered as they plea for help?

Ok who wants to hear my foreign policy? :icon_mrgreen:

I know it will never happen but here it goes, I would form an international super elite army, the most equipped and trained army in the world, recruit the best mercenaries and put them on the sort of wages that their own wives would tell them, go honey we will be ok if you don't come back :icon_mrgreen: , have bases in every country who adheres to our ideals, way of thinking and lifestyle, have every kind of defense systems, missiles, etc. OL

Dude.... That movie sucked...

Star_Wars_attack_of_the_clones_wallpaper.jpg

For what it is worth the Russians are pointing fingers at the US and Ukraine:

Russia always blames the U.S. and its allies, that goes back to the Soviet days. It is almost comical the lies they engage in. When Occupy Wall Street was going on, Russian media sought to compare U.S. treatment of it to the way Putin cracked down on protesters. They also had taken footage of U.S. tanks driving around near a base and reported that martial law had been declared in the U.S., that the U.S. was on the verge of civil war.

What's most fucked up is that the terrorists that shot down the plane are being allowed to control the crash scene. Why???????????? Nobody in the UN has a spine? Obama and friends just put their hands in their pockets and say "OK"??? Then again, what do you expect from a President that allows his own people to get slaughtered as they plea for help?

Not much anyone can do I don't think. Unless you're talking about actually sending in troops, there probably isn't a whole lot Obama can do regarding that one. Also, it isn't like Obama is some highly-respected world leader who when he speaks, everyone makes sure to listen.

Ok confession time I've only watched the first Star Wars movie in the series :icon_mrgreen:

And thats one more than I have seen. :icon_thumleft:

With anti air missiles, you will see massive amounts of superficial damage from small molten fragments. There are none.

Topple that with the the birdshot sized dents... Someone shot this with buckshot.

If the missile explodes 20m from the aircraft, you don't get molten fragments and big holes. The missile doesn't have to go through an airplane to rip it into pieces, the drag will do it.

Considering that this metal skin is from the side of the cockpit, and the wreckage area is not extremely spread, I'm guessing, that the explosion damaged the cockpit, and the plane became uncontrollable and it broke to several pieces while it was falling down. Horrific experience for those on board. RIP.

And thats one more than I have seen. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

Never seen a single one.

The fuck is wrong with you people?