Audi R8 V10 Plus vs McLaren MP4-12C

FikseSTS

R8 V10 plus isn't cheap, $190k.... 12C any day over it.... and just for you, the GT-R beats it down a lot less money.... :)

I've been telling all of you for years, that nothing touches the R8 for the money :eusa_dance:

R8 V10 plus isn't cheap, $190k.... 12C any day over it.... and just for you, the GT-R beats it down a lot less money.... :)

The GTR does NOT beat the R8 GT or Plus, no chance. And even if it did by ten million miles, it would still be a Nissan :bleh:

A regular slightly used R8 V10 is much cheaper. But I agree that I would rather buy the 12C :icon_thumleft:

V10 R8 is an incredible car for the money. With a APR tune and Stassis exhaust, there is still not much that compares in performance, handling and sound at this price point IMHO.

V10 R8 is an incredible car for the money. With a APR tune and Stassis exhaust, there is still not much that compares in performance, handling and sound at this price point IMHO.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

The Plus with the DCT and extra power is what makes the R8 fast... huge difference between the two....

I was impressed... I think I could get one into the 10's....

The GTR does NOT beat the R8 GT or Plus, no chance. And even if it did by ten million miles, it would still be a Nissan :bleh:

A regular slightly used R8 V10 is much cheaper. But I agree that I would rather buy the 12C :icon_thumleft:

The Plus with the DCT and extra power is what makes the R8 fast... huge difference between the two....

:turboalex:

Sounds very good!

I am eyeing the newer one (or maybe even a GT) as well as the Mac, we shall see..

• 2 weeks later...

Great ET but trap isnt all that high. Probably 10 seconds at the right track with the right weather.

had an R8 TT Spider.. great car!

Makes me wonder what the H will run.

• 2 weeks later...

i just drove the older R8 GT on the track and it was beautiful. the car is so behaved and well balanced. i was impressed with the steering feel and the v10 engine performed well giving linear power. the outward vision was excellent as well. however, as much as i liked it, the oil temp was up to 140C after 3 laps and the clutch overheated which was a total let down. such a shame and i hope audi is able to rectify this problem. and i know it's an issue because even the audi roadshow R8 Gts had to do a cool down lap after 3 laps of going around our short 3.5km track. it's supposed to be a GT car to be used on the track yet it really cannot last and still is more of simply a stylistic road car… unlike with Porsche, when they put an RS badge, you can run with it to eternity at the track out of the box.

nonetheless, i hope i can get to try the DSG equipped R8 V10 as i'm sure this will totally transform the car. the old gearbox is trash.

:turboalex:

Sounds very good!

I am eyeing the newer one (or maybe even a RS5) as well as the Mac, we shall see..

Slowpoke is looking at buying another R8....you don't say! :eusa_dance:

PS. Fixed it for you.

Slowpoke is looking at buying another R8....you don't say! :eusa_dance:

PS. Fixed it for you.

I bought a new RS5 when they came out, WORST CAR EVER. Took a 35K loss in 3 months, good riddance!

I bought a new RS5 when they came out, WORST CAR EVER. Took a 35K loss in 3 months, good riddance!

What was so bad about it?

What was so bad about it?

It felt slow and chunky, it guzzled gas like no other vehicle known to man.

Sure it was a sexy car, I added KW3 coilovers, Milltek exhaust and spacers all around and it looked/sounded really nice, but all in all, I couldnt justify the cost I payed (could have bought Another Gallardo instead) for that kind of performance you get from a BMW M3 for 1/2 the price.

• 2 weeks later...

That is moving! I bet with a tune to just open the throttles the R8 Plus would go 10s and upper 120s is my guess.

Bad ass car for the money. I want to turbo a R8 DCT :)

there is a 6 speed manual R8 that dipped into the 10's, 10's with the DCT should be there...

good luck with the turbo's and the DCT though, maybe a bolt-on setup won't trip up the transmission...

That is moving! I bet with a tune to just open the throttles the R8 Plus would go 10s and upper 120s is my guess.

Bad ass car for the money. I want to turbo a R8 DCT :)

there is a 6 speed manual R8 that dipped into the 10's, 10's with the DCT should be there...

good luck with the turbo's and the DCT though, maybe a bolt-on setup won't trip up the transmission...

Yeah that is Keith, guy has a fast R8! He has lightened the car a lot. He is about to do a turbo setup on that car too. It is going to be a monster!

I think a bolt on DCT R8 would be a fun car around town. How are you liking the STS?