Philip Seymour Hoffman won't be bringing the guacamole to the Super Bowl party.

RyanRo24

I've always thought of drug addicts as weak-minded until I read the book on Adam Brown (Fearless). I guess it's pretty much a train you can't get off until you're underground.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a double take when reading how many "bags" they found in the apartment. 70.

Addiction is a strange thing, you look at Tom Hardy and Russell Brand and how they come through and there is that air of something missing in their eyes and dab of awkwardness about them in candid moments.

As Will Self said on the news here "addiction is no respector of persons".

That addiction is an obsession, that obsession is still present just what they get obsessed about is replaced.

That addiction is an obsession, that obsession is still present just what they get obsessed about is replaced.

This is pretty much fact for most who are really addicted from something. A buddy of mine was forced to attend AA meetings after he got a DUI. I went with him once for kicks, let me tell you, i've never seen a single room so fully of fidgeting, chain smoking, How do I pour black coffee directly into my veins, group in my life. I've seen 8yr olds hopped up on lucky charms and mtn dew with more ability to sit still for 20 minutes.

It's sad really, and man you can spot the ones with real addiction problems from a mile away.

It's sad really, and man you can spot the ones with real addiction problems from a mile away.

Actually, you cannot. Forget about the street junkies that look down and out, there are highly functional junkies that you would never guess are addicted to anything, especially when drugs are the culprit.

Actually, you cannot. Forget about the street junkies that look down and out, there are highly functional junkies that you would never guess are addicted to anything, especially when drugs are the culprit.

This shocked the hell out of me a few years ago when I met some people at a new years party who were addicted, but then I met them during the day or saw where they worked and what they did (Other CEO's, CTOs, high level government, other execs) and it was surprising because if I hadn't known about them at the party before hand, I never would have guessed. Same with a few alcoholics, sometimes it's actually really hard to tell. Just reminds me of the "I'm a functional crackhead" someone said once, since he always paid his bills and whatnot first.

So very true. It's very true that many times the addiction problem is first found when the person is found dead.

Sounds like multiple arrests have been made related to his death...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/showbiz/phil...-hoffman-death/

If it was just some poor schnook from the ghetto .... there would be no big investigation or dragnet !! I resent all the special law enforcement action some of these celebs get! Their life isn't worth anymore than yours or mine !!

Hoffman made his bed and is now sleeping in it. I have zero pity.

If it was just some poor schnook from the ghetto .... there would be no big investigation or dragnet !! I resent all the special law enforcement action some of these celebs get! Their life isn't worth anymore than yours or mine !!

:iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid: