Aventador Twin Turbo systems page updated with new systems.

Underground Racing

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Underground Racing TT 570 that is. The others don't come close to the setup we have and that's speaking from power and working correctly as far as shifting on higher boost and etc.

Nice correction!

Fikse - just send the STS! Zero regrets :icon_super:

Surely the TT Aventador would come on Boost earlier due to the capacity of 6.5lts feeding the

same size turbos...... Less brake boosting maybe???

Or bigger turbos on a 2R Aventador compared to a 2R G?

Will the Vent crack 2100hp in 2r on Race fuel?

There is a very interesting tire solution coming out with the new Koenigsegg One:1. They are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s in 265/35 R19 and 345/30 R20 for the rears. These semi slicks are by far stickier than the OEM P Zeros for the Aventador and on top they are rated for 440+ km/h. I hope they won´t make them an exclusive thing for Koenigsegg. Especially for the more powerful versions of UGR packages for the Aventador these tires could improve not only 0-60 and 60-130 times but also increase handling and breaking performance while still being a road legal tire, which what Underground Racing always wants their cars to be. Maybe this is something interesting for Kevin

There is a very interesting tire solution coming out with the new Koenigsegg One:1. They are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s in 265/35 R19 and 345/30 R20 for the rears. These semi slicks are by far stickier than the OEM P Zeros for the Aventador and on top they are rated for 440+ km/h. I hope they won´t make them an exclusive thing for Koenigsegg. Especially for the more powerful versions of UGR packages for the Aventador these tires could improve not only 0-60 and 60-130 times but also increase handling and breaking performance while still being a road legal tire, which what Underground Racing always wants their cars to be. Maybe this is something interesting for Kevin

hope they make some more sizes

Well they already have a 305/30 R20, which is possibly interesting for the new Huracan rears. But then again im not sure if the Toyo R888 315/30 R20s would still hook better

• 4 months later...

May I bump this thread? Just my 0.02 cents...

I've observed the growing dominance of the Gallardo's TT program by UGR and it's mind boggling on where the set-up has brought them. For that, I applaud UGR and its promising future.

Ever since the knowledge of the Aventador came out, I soon looked at the engine specs and lo and behold the excitement arose in within because finally my ideal set-up for an engine has been applied. What is it? Simple. The bore is BIGGER than the stroke. Thanks to Maurizio Reggiani!!! Now it can rev! The way I look at it, if I want an all-out roll-racing set-up, I would leave the bore and stroke size stock and run the longest connecting rod possible and move the piston pin as high as possible to get the rod length. With this, less cylinder wall side loading and internal reciprocating drag goes down.

Anyhow, I saw that many Gallardo TT's are being sold and IF the sole reason for owners to sell is to acquire a Huracan TT 2R. Great! Well, displacement is still the same. 1300 cc less than the Aventador. I made my point...

Displacement…I think it's also a historical fact that the GTRs can never beat Gallardos. Let alone the Aventador. Period!

The world of high-horsepower cars will never be the same when a Aventador 2R comes out. In roll-racing, displacement and brute horsepower rules and this where I think the Aventador will shine. RPMs win!

I've observed the growing dominance of the Gallardo's TT program by UGR and it's mind boggling on where the set-up has brought them. For that, I applaud UGR and its promising future.

Ever since the knowledge of the Aventador came out, I soon looked at the engine specs and lo and behold the excitement arose in within because finally my ideal set-up for an engine has been applied. What is it? Simple. The bore is BIGGER than the stroke. Thanks to Maurizio Reggiani!!! Now it can rev! The way I look at it, if I want an all-out roll-racing set-up, I would leave the bore and stroke size stock and run the longest connecting rod possible and move the piston pin as high as possible to get the rod length. With this, less cylinder wall side loading and internal reciprocating drag goes down.

Anyhow, I saw that many Gallardo TT's are being sold and IF the sole reason for owners to sell is to acquire a Huracan TT 2R. Great! Well, displacement is still the same. 1300 cc less than the Aventador. I made my point...

Displacement…I think it's also a historical fact that the GTRs can never beat Gallardos. Let alone the Aventador. Period!

The world of high-horsepower cars will never be the same when a Aventador 2R comes out. In roll-racing, displacement and brute horsepower rules and this where I think the Aventador will shine. RPMs win!

it's not always about the engine in going fast.

it's not always about the engine in going fast.

Agree. It's the whole combination working in unison.

An Aventador TT still weighs about 300-400 pounds more than a Gallardo/Huracan TT. When it comes to roll racing and acceleration at these power levels a lot of factors come in to play: shift speed, tires hooking up at 1500WHP+, weight, etc. Kevin told us that a 1R Aventador is faster than a 1R Gallardo TT not a 2R. As cool as building a high HP TT Aventador is...the majority of UGR future business will come from V10TT builds and for good reason. They start at 150-200k below the V12 models, are lighter (esp. future SL models of the Huracan) and have a super fast shifting DCT. If their package on the huracan models is as good and as reliable as the 2R versions for the Gallardo are now...i don´t think there will be anything in the next 5-10 years that can beat this platform on the streets and on street legal tires. Man if i could buy UGR stocks right now i would lol

I'm an engine guy and my money is on the Aventador. It may be heavier but its weight is an advantage for traction. The over-sqaure engine specs helps on the traction part especially when getting off the line fast!

Honestly changing the Rod length won't do a whole lot in terms of a power gain and possibly could lessen the life of the piston in general. Being that the aventador as with most Italian performance motors already revs pretty good, that doesn't need to be changed really considering we are discussing boosting the motor. I think the Aventador can do well simply because it has more displacement and cylinders for power and torque to be spread across. I am very anxious to see what all of the Lamborghini tuners have up their sleeves, especially Underground Racing.

Honestly changing the Rod length won't do a whole lot in terms of a power gain and possibly could lessen the life of the piston in general. Being that the aventador as with most Italian performance motors already revs pretty good, that doesn't need to be changed really considering we are discussing boosting the motor. I think the Aventador can do well simply because it has more displacement and cylinders for power and torque to be spread across. I am very anxious to see what all of the Lamborghini tuners have up their sleeves, especially Underground Racing.

So increasing the rod length will lessen the life of the piston? No power gain? Really? Any serious engine builder knows the benefits of this practice.

So increasing the rod length will lessen the life of the piston? No power gain? Really? Any serious engine builder knows the benefits of this practice.

Where did I say no power gain? I said "won't do a whole lot" which is correct. It will definitely effect the power under the curve. But for these builds there is no reason or purpose to do either of the things you suggested, granted if you are spending the money yourself you as the owner can certainly tell the builder to do it if you so choose. Was sharing an opinion was all.

Where did I say no power gain? I said "won't do a whole lot" which is correct. It will definitely effect the power under the curve. But for these builds there is no reason or purpose to do either of the things you suggested, granted if you are spending the money yourself you as the owner can certainly tell the builder to do it if you so choose. Was sharing an opinion was all.

Hey man don't mean to make it more than it was. Yes, you didn't say no power gain. I was just adding and relating that there is power to be gained. I also stressed the reality of its longevity of such physical change internally. It's additional insurance as well. An Aventador is one expensive car and if a 2R or more is the goal, then I think it's better to over-engineer it. I can easily say to my tuner to have two settings...set the rev limiter at 8K for the street and 9.5K for 1/2 to 1 mile race events :) Now, gotta go to my nearest market to get some lotto tickets! lol!

Hey man don't mean to make it more than it was. Yes, you didn't say no power gain. I was just adding and relating that there is power to be gained. I also stressed the reality of its longevity of such physical change internally. It's additional insurance as well. An Aventador is one expensive car and if a 2R or more is the goal, then I think it's better to over-engineer it. I can easily say to my tuner to have two settings...set the rev limiter at 8K for the street and 9.5K for 1/2 to 1 mile race events :) Now, gotta go to my nearest market to get some lotto tickets! lol!

No doubt. I definitely agree with what you had said, and was very nice to have an engine conversation with a fellow NUT like me. I was reading wrong into what you were saying and I see exactly what you were going for by the rod and piston combo now. Definitely look forward to having more chats with you down the road.

No doubt. I definitely agree with what you had said, and was very nice to have an engine conversation with a fellow NUT like me. I was reading wrong into what you were saying and I see exactly what you were going for by the rod and piston combo now. Definitely look forward to having more chats with you down the road.

Likewise, sir!