Note to self...

Rouleur

Trigger happy idiot, unbelievable!

This is absolutely shocking to me, no more comments because my blood is boiling right now!

was he instructed to evacuate the car?

They need to rewind the tape a few more minutes.... If ordered out of the car its a bad shoot... If you're not ordered out of the car, STAY IN THE fcuking CAR!!! And hes old enough to know that....

They need to rewind the tape a few more minutes.... If ordered out of the car its a bad shoot... If you're not ordered out of the car, STAY IN THE fcuking CAR!!! And hes old enough to know that....

EXACTLY

Im glad to see some law enforcement support here on LP. There is a possibility that the guy was hard of hearing but he did pick up the cane and point it at the officer (obviously unintentionally). The officers train for this on a regular basis and he responded properly. If you ever get pulled over , slow the fcuk down, stay inside your car and always put your hands in the site of the officer. If they get suprised there will be nothing but a trail of bullets in your direction.

just horrible for all involved

:iamwithstupid: my heart felt heavy after watching that...the last part was horrible hearing the officer crying about it...just a bad day for everyone...i wouldn't say he was trigger happy...i've seen some pull over videos from America...crazy shit going on there..you don't know what to expect.

In the link that MRDoctor provided there is video that shows the truck driving and then pulling over.

No word of him being asked out of the vehicle.

The old man gets out of the truck and then reaches into the bed of truck for his gun I mean cane.

Thread title here is pretty misleading

In the link that MRDoctor provided there is video that shows the truck driving and then pulling over.

The old man gets out of the truck and then reaches into the bed of truck for his gun I mean cane.

Ok. So that explains quite a bit.... My various physical pains are such that I can relate to needing a cane.... Guess what? I find excuses NOT to get out of the car when I'm hurting... This guy, despite moving slower than a boulder up hill, and obviously with some level of discomfort, gets out of the car. Why? What's he thinking?

Knowing my fair share of old crotchety dudes in my life, what he's thinking is he's going to go back and talk/bully his way out of his ticket or at the very least get his money's worth by giving the cop a piece of his mind abut what bullshit it is that a he got pulled over when there are real criminals out there etc etc etc..

Got shot for his troubles...

Ok. So that explains quite a bit.... My various physical pains are such that I can relate to needing a cane.... Guess what? I find excuses NOT to get out of the car when I'm hurting... This guy, despite moving slower than a boulder up hill, and obviously with some level of discomfort, gets out of the car. Why? What's he thinking?

Knowing my fair share of old crotchety dudes in my life, what he's thinking is he's going to go back and talk/bully his way out of his ticket or at the very least get his money's worth by giving the cop a piece of his mind abut what bullshit it is that a he got pulled over when there are real criminals out there etc etc etc..

Got shot for his troubles... Should've just stayed in the car like they taught him in drivers ed 55 years ago....