Engine CF X brace

SSR

Yes and I'm sure the price is very resonable hahaha :rolleyes:

I think it was a $15K piece for the Murcielago. I can only image how much more expensive it is now! :lol2:

Correct about ordering...several weeks ago I ordered the brace for my Aventador. It is a nice complement to the carbon fiber in the engine bay.

It is real carbon or just a cf tube etc ???

looking at this part I think it any has some cf tube inserts,if it was real carbon the X brace will flex!

should be standard with the car, lambo cut too many corners on quality for the price, hell i'd pay 70K more for a car made of anything nut plastic. its a joke. sad////

should be standard with the car, lambo cut too many corners on quality for the price, hell i'd pay 70K more for a car made of anything nut plastic. its a joke. sad////

You can pay 70k more and have what you want so what's the problem? It is smarter to come in at a lower price and offer the options. I know many people who don't care about carbon fiber.

You can pay 70k more and have what you want so what's the problem? It is smarter to come in at a lower price and offer the options. I know many people who don't care about carbon fiber.

i respectfully disagree, i blew over 500K on a plastic car which is total bullshit. same goes for my Drophead, another plastic POS. Since the consolidation of the car manufacturers they have all cut corners.

Just another a less expensive alternative to a luxury item, Michael Koors bullshit, "affordable luxury". fcuk that. Sorry but I dont like it. Price the shit at a level that makes it exclusive and build a good quality car. I dont like the fact that my maid drives a C class and i drive a S class-so to speak, that shit ruined Mercedes IMO.

Next car will be a Zonda in Europe, cant fade the plastic here....

And on to of that I dont want a kit car I have to add all the options to, thats for otther peopl,e I want a out-of -the-box ready to go supercar not a project. I was away from cars for a few years, i come back and now see that everything is a project, this exhaust, that CF, this and that everything-which is cool for gear heads, i respect that. I'm happy for people who like that stuff-I dont. I want to blow a half a drop($500K) on a car thats COMPLETE, or $600K what ever number-I dont care. Give me a NOT plastic car for a price what ever number is fine and i'm happy-done. I dont want a project. Its something I want to drive not build on. I got other things to do with my time. thats just me. Especially when it comes to the Rolls Royce and the plastic shit they became. OMG they are horrible for the $$$ and there aint a alternative.

you guys think this X-brace swap can be a DIY?

I think its just a cf tube after the steel tube,maybe installed to existing x braces and clear coted.

I think its just a cf tube after the steel tube,maybe installed to existing x braces and clear coted.

Maybe like a snap on type of thing?

Maybe like a snap on type of thing?

To me it just looks like you might have to remove some panels to get to the bolts. It just bolts into a few spots if it's anything like the Murci.

To me it just looks like you might have to remove some panels to get to the bolts. It just bolts into a few spots if it's anything like the Murci.

How you've described it is how I'm hoping that all it will be. Simple "plug n play"!

I'd be most concerned with how it ties in to the pushrod suspension at the rear of the engine bay. It does look like a simple installation from the pictures but the whole purpose it to provide structural rigidity so by its very nature it needs to be integrated to the car and no necessarily just bolted on.

Hannibal is correct. The shocks tie into the brace and it appears they will need to be unbolted to remove the steel brace and then reattached to the carbon substitute during installation. The question is do the shocks require compression prior to unbolting? It seems as if they do. The 4 carbon or composite panels will also require removal to access mounting bolts. Once removed are the bolts easily reached? Since my mechanical knowledge and skills equate to a nullity it seems prudent to me to have a professional do the install.

• 2 weeks later...

According to this photo, the brace (#4) is only attached by bolts. The pushrod suspension bolts into the part of the frame that the brace bolts into. I could be completely wrong but that is what it looks like to me.

A2013_701.03.00.JPG

According to this photo, the brace (#4) is only attached by bolts. The pushrod suspension bolts into the part of the frame that the brace bolts into. I could be completely wrong but that is what it looks like to me.

Thanks Tara!

So, it is pretty much "Plug N Play"! Great to know!

• 4 months later...

Finally, with the x-brace installed the engine bay is complete. Excuse the poor quality camera photo.

X_Brace.JPG