'Say Hello to the Hybrid Lamborghini Aventador'

a007apl

Let's see what happens and and if I am wrong I will buy your dinner at your favorite restaurant :icon_thumleft:

Edit: I see RB also jumped on board so I will extend the dinner offer to him also :icon_mrgreen:

Aren't you guys famous for your crocodiles? 😎 🔪🐊🍴🍻

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aren't you guys famous for your crocodiles? 😎 🔪🐊🍴🍻

I think you've misunderstood my offer, I was offering you dinner!

I can't think of any main Lamborghini model that's never had a facelift or major upgrade. The last one to go without a visual update was the LM002, and even then, that was a (flop) extension of the Cheetah program.

I'd be shocked if the base Aventador of three years' time is an LP700. Just a question of how short the cycle is - the standard under Audi has been 10 years with an update at 5, but people seem to expect shorter.

I know it will take a while until we will be able to find out who's right or wrong but I think this is how it will go down:

Huracan Spyder 2016

Aventador facelift 2016*

Huracan Superleggera 2017

Urus 2017

Aventador SV 2019**

* reliant on the order book, so far they still have a lot of current Aventadors on order, high three digits, if the order book drops to low three digits we will see a facelift sooner rather than later

** very likely the last year of the Aventador production.

Let's hope we will still be around to taunt the one who's wrong :icon_mrgreen:

I know it will take a while until we will be able to find out who's right or wrong but I think this is how it will go down:

Huracan Spyder 2016

Aventador facelift 2016*

Huracan Superleggera 2017

Urus 2017

Aventador SV 2019**

* reliant on the order book, so far they still have a lot of current Aventadors on order, high three digits, if the order book drops to low three digits we will see a facelift sooner rather than later

** very likely the last year of the Aventador production.

Let's hope we will still be around to taunt the one who's wrong :icon_mrgreen:

Fortis I agree there will be a facelift too. Yes vbug and RB are right that the aventador is a great design, but after 4 years most designs can be tweaked. Slap a new set of bumpers on the car and you're done in some cases.

In keeping with a new car every year Lambo mantra I think the Hurican spyder debuts next year. In sure the car was developed with the coupe.

We'll see though your proposed timeline is pretty good.

Guaranteed by who? You are acting like what you are saying is fact, yet its just an opinion ;) My opinion is that there will be no facelift, and they will just go right into the SV.

:iamwithstupid:

Bug and RB say something and they both agree....I take it as gospel. SV before facelift!

Just saw a presentation featuring Stephan Winkelmann ... they still had over 12 months worth of orders for the Aventador in early March 2014 with about 2,800 Aventador built to date ... and already over 1,000 orders on the Huracán ...

I do think there could be a mild facelift and a power increase before we get an ultimate SV edition ... I do however doubt the SV will be a limited edition like on the Murciélago ... remember on the Diablo the SV wasn't limited either ... I do hope we'll be getting an Aventador GT1 car soon too ... a brutal V12 Racing Bull :icon_super:

Bug and RB say something and they both agree....I take it as gospel. SV before facelift!

The only way I think there will be an SV before the facelift is if the game plan is an SV after the facelift like with the Gallardo with 2 superleggeras in its lifespan.

You guys do realize they are only making approx 4000 Aventadors, right? Delivered cars + orders equal near that number right now. They could release the SV, offer a 3 model range, slow production (to extend the life cycle) and sell 5000 without any facelift if they wanted to.

The Huracan is amazing but it isn't an Aventador. It's in a different price range and it is not effecting the Aventador sales.

I'm really hoping the Jota will make a comeback in some future model.

Two big intakes over the back would be awesome.

Jota instead of SV please Lambo

I wanna see an SV, a Jota and a GT just like we saw with the Diablo :icon_super:

Fortis I agree there will be a facelift too. Yes vbug and RB are right that the aventador is a great design, but after 4 years most designs can be tweaked. Slap a new set of bumpers on the car and you're done in some cases.

In keeping with a new car every year Lambo mantra I think the Hurican spyder debuts next year. In sure the car was developed with the coupe.

We'll see though your proposed timeline is pretty good.

Assman the years I mentioned are the years when customers will take delivery, so the Huracan Spyder will be seen in 2015 with deliveries in 2016.

You guys do realize they are only making approx 4000 Aventadors, right? Delivered cars + orders equal near that number right now. They could release the SV, offer a 3 model range, slow production (to extend the life cycle) and sell 5000 without any facelift if they wanted to.

The Huracan is amazing but it isn't an Aventador. It's in a different price range and it is not effecting the Aventador sales.

Ok so what you are saying is the Aventador production will stop at 4000 which based on the number they produced so far approx 2800 cars with approx 1000 pre-orders currently sitting on their desk which will take approx one year to fulfill what you are are actually saying is that the Aventador will be replaced in approx 18 months from today and they will only have approx 200 SV allocated spots within your 4000 units allowance.

Ok I am not going to argue with you because these things aren't under your or my control, you have your opinion, which I see some people take as gospel, I have mine, you are basing yours on whatever facts and info you have access to I do the same so why not have a bit of fun with it?? :icon_mrgreen:

CaptainChaos why don't you write our opinions in a thread which will be locked and maybe stickied until the outcome can be properly determined (judged) we will have a bit of a prize at the end which the winner or winners can enjoy, let's say $10k or so, the monetary value can be decided once we come up with what the prize will be , the prize we can all have a bit of fun with and determine what it will be, so what do you guys think?? I think it will be fun :icon_thumleft:

somebody is feeling confident in here.. :icon_mrgreen:

Nothing to do with confidence it has everything to do with putting my money where my mouth is and having a bit of fun in the process, if I am wrong I will pay with a smile on my face, IMO there aren't many things which are 100% guaranteed in this life, aside of death nothing else is!

CaptainChaos why don't you write our opinions in a thread which will be locked and maybe stickied until the outcome can be properly determined (judged) we will have a bit of a prize at the end which the winner or winners can enjoy, let's say $10k or so, the monetary value can be decided once we come up with what the prize will be , the prize we can all have a bit of fun with and determine what it will be, so what do you guys think?? I think it will be fun :icon_thumleft:

Deal.

People willing to indulge in this bet can contribute to this thread.

Rather than haggle over a arbitrary monetary figure which may or may not be much for some of our members the loser(s) can donate a figure of money they deem appropriate to their local children's hospital.

Game on gents?

I am on my iPad and I think because of LP my typing finger is few mm shorter :icon_mrgreen: ok I will attempt to name the terms of the bet but I expect input from other willing participants until we can decide exactly what it is so it can be locked away.

I agree with the donation but I think we also have to have something more entertaining, I thought you will come up with something crazier than that :icon_mrgreen:

I think nominating the model variants is important, I know most are known, release timeline I am ok with being slightly off but the order in which the variants are released is crucial.

The element RB is bringing in relation to the Aventador is the production number, I'd like to see a number and an end production year.

As I said above others can contribute to this.

Lets just say they do introduce a facelift. We will all hate it and ask for a manual SV.

Then we love it 4 months later.

It is the LP way.

I already hate it.