My 2014 Roadster Thread

ToofDoc

WOW, it's gorgeous, congrats. I love to see so much CF in the interior.

Congrats again.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has an addiction!

I need intervention says my fiancée! :icon_super:

WOW, it's gorgeous, congrats. I love to see so much CF in the interior.

Congrats again.

Thanks Dario! Can't wait to see it all put together! I ordered the factory interior CF package (sans back of the seat), adding these MACarbon piece will definitely add a lot more! I love the side plates so when my doors are up....you can see the CF! I believe Kris has them on his Roadster as well. Looks bad ass!

Looks outright amazing! How do you sleep at night??

I've been going so long without a Bull, getting these pieces of upgrades are the only things keeping me sane! I go to sleep every night very well knowing waking up will bring me closer to delivery date!! :eusa_dance:

Thanks Dario! Can't wait to see it all put together! I ordered the factory interior CF package (sans back of the seat), adding these MACarbon piece will definitely add a lot more! I love the side plates so when my doors are up....you can see the CF! I believe Kris has them on his Roadster as well. Looks bad ass!

He tld me about the CF interiors but in his coupè. Recently i saw the pictures of his coupè and they were amazing.0 with all that CF!! I completely love CF and Alcantara interiors, I look forward to see the final look. Comgrats again!! :icon_thumleft:

Can't wait to see the completed car with all these pieces. You're going to have one of the cleanest and best looking Aventadors around!

Just learned that my Roadster is just now loaded on the cargo ship and ready for departure from BELGIUM!

It's interesting to see that the transport was booked on Friday 4/11, then car actually was ground transported from Factory to Zeeburgge, Belgium and got there on Tuesday 4/15. The car sat in Belgium for 12 days, then it was finally loaded onto cargo ship today!!? :eusa_think:

Couple of stops through France and England, then it'll be on its way to US Port of Entry (Baltimore)!

Projected arrival to US on Friday, 5/9th!!

Just learned that my Roadster is just now loaded on the cargo ship and ready for departure from BELGIUM!

It's interesting to see that the transport was booked on Friday 4/11, then car actually was ground transported from Factory to Zeeburgge, Belgium and got there on Tuesday 4/15. The car sat in Belgium for 12 days, then it was finally loaded onto cargo ship today!!? :eusa_think:

Couple of stops through France and England, then it'll be on its way to US Port of Entry (Baltimore)!

That is awesome!!!! Hope you have a wonderful experience with your new Aventador 👏👏👏👍

That is awesome!!!! Hope you have a wonderful experience with your new Aventador 👏👏👏👍

Thanks bud....don't even know what to think or how to feel at this point? I'm beyond "excited" at this point.

You've got 4-5 months of ahead of me enjoying this Roadster thing....

I hoping for some warm sunshine on Memorial Day weekend because I know she'll be home then! I daydream about being in my Roadster daily as I try to pass everyone on the highway as I drive my DD during these sunny warm days!

This waiting game is finally getting to me I'm afraid! :eusa_wall:

Congrats! If you wouldn't mind disclosing how much the freight cost is; interested to learn how much it is by boat. 95% of our cars (i.e. Lambo's) are flown in.

Congrats! If you wouldn't mind disclosing how much the freight cost is; interested to learn how much it is by boat. 95% of our cars (i.e. Lambo's) are flown in.

I thought the standard shipping was always by boat....I know a lot of owners chose to have their new built flown in.

By sea freight (Standard Destination Charge) I believe is $3,495 - 3 weeks in transit to port of entry POE (not dealership)

By air freight (Upgrade Destination Charge) I believe is $3,495 + $10,000 - 3 days in transit (not sure to a POE or directly to the city airport that the dealership is in?)

If anyone knows anymore details, then please chime in.

I thought the standard shipping was always by boat....I know a lot of owners chose to have their new built flown in.

By sea freight (Standard Destination Charge) I believe is $3,495 - 3 weeks in transit to port of entry POE (not dealership)

By air freight (Upgrade Destination Charge) I believe is $3,495 + $10,000 - 3 days in transit (not sure to a POE or directly to the city airport that the dealership is in?)

If anyone knows anymore details, then please chime in.

Thanks. No idea what the ocean freight would be but the air freight cost you listed above sounds about right. Out here in the Pacific Northwest, most cars come in by air-freight as it would be a long way by boat.

Damn ... your car was only a few Miles away from me for 12 days, Zeebrugge is about an hour drive from my home ... Probably behind some serious security however 'in quarantine' lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Still on track to get here Friday? Can't wait to see your pics on delivery and with all your mods!

Still on track to get here Friday? Can't wait to see your pics on delivery and with all your mods!

Yup....will be at Port of Entry in Baltimore this Friday 5/9 at 11 PM (23:00). Hope to be delivered to dealership by 5/16 and then delivered to me by Thursday 5/22 just before Memorial Day Weekend!

I'd be very happy with this schedule if it happens!

The biggest unknown is when it will get to my dealership from Baltimore.

Yup....will be at Port of Entry in Baltimore this Friday 5/9 at 11 PM (23:00). Hope to be delivered to dealership by 5/16 and then delivered to me by Thursday 5/22 just before Memorial Day Weekend!

Hey Doc: did you know that there is a web site where you can watch your ship on the way to Baltimore? Here is a position report from it.

post-44-1399427208_thumb.jpg

Hey Doc: did you know that there is a web site where you can watch your ship on the way to Baltimore? Here is a position report from it.

Yup...been tracking since the vessel left Belgium! I also use

www.sailwx.info/shiptrack

Now the vessel is in the middle Atlantic...the AIS is no longer picking up the vessels location. If I like to continue to track my vessel...I need to subscribe to Satellite locator. AIS won't kick back in til the vessel gets closer to continents.

The US Customs released the car on paper on Tuesday 5/6 according to the tracking report before the vessel even docked at the Port of Entry in Baltimore....very interesting!

The car is getting closer! The map is where the car is now as of 11:37 EST. The vessel should be docked tomorrow 5/10.

Obsessed and excited!

You had the option to bring it over by boat? When I got mine I was told the only option was to fly the car over, cost a pretty penny, but I got the car within 1 week of when it was ready for shipment.

You had the option to bring it over by boat? When I got mine I was told the only option was to fly the car over, cost a pretty penny, but I got the car within 1 week of when it was ready for shipment.

Interesting....I'm towards the east coast. I always assumed that "by boat" was the standard way, but was informed by other forum members that all west coast orders are flown in by "air freight". Are you in the west coast?

I had the option of air freight, but I declined.

Congrats on your Roadster! Fun shit huh?! :icon_thumleft:

I have every piece of carbon fiber that MACarbon and Lamborghini offer for the Aventador on my 50th roadster. MACarbon's quality is on level with OEM. There is no aluminum painted plastic on either my coupe or 50th roadster. The coupe has a lot of custom pieces too.

I'm only 30 min from Port of Baltimore. I'd be glad to run down and pick it up for you and deliver tomorrow ;)

Beautiful car..enjoy

I'm only 30 min from Port of Baltimore. I'd be glad to run down and pick it up for you and deliver tomorrow ;)

Beautiful car..enjoy

Haha...that would be great! Gone in 60 seconds style since the car is yet paid!

Interesting....I'm towards the east coast. I always assumed that "by boat" was the standard way, but was informed by other forum members that all west coast orders are flown in by "air freight". Are you in the west coast?

I had the option of air freight, but I declined.

Congrats on your Roadster! Fun shit huh?! :icon_thumleft:

Not all west coast--in LA sea freight is standard and costs $2995; with airfreight add an additional $10000.