About That Time -- Aventador Facelift Next Year?

ghost

Hi All -

I can't remember when exactly the Aventador was launched but I believe it was in '10 or '11. In that case '14 would mark the 3rd or 4th year of the model. Does that mean we are likely looking at a facelift announcement in Geneva next year with deliveries of the facelifted model by mid/end 2015? I believe they will save the SV version for the end of the model year run, in another 4 years or so.

Tried to search on this topic but didn't seem to find anything. Look forward to your thoughts.

Regards.

Hi All -

I can't remember when exactly the Aventador was launched but I believe it was in '10 or '11. In that case '14 would mark the 3rd or 4th year of the model. Does that mean we are likely looking at a facelift announcement in Geneva next year with deliveries of the facelifted model by mid/end 2015? I believe they will save the SV version for the end of the model year run, in another 4 years or so.

Tried to search on this topic but didn't seem to find anything. Look forward to your thoughts.

Regards.

Lol, 2010 or 2011?? C'mon, with 372 posts I'd love to think you knew when the Aventador came out!!!:)

Actually was wondering the same thing earlier this week about when it would be facelifted...

Only major facelift will probably be the SV version.

The 50th Annversario maybe the "facelift" that we'll see until the sv.

My Roadster is already #2911/4000.....not too much more units left to build. The SV will be the last 100-250 units.

Considering Geneva has come and gone, I'd imagine it'll be in Paris in October if they release one.

Facelift is doubtful.

SV in 2015 and a 3 model range for 3 years (coupe, roadster and SV). The lp-700 may get a slight power bump but I doubt there will be a facelift.

I also doubt there will be a real facelift for the Aventador. Its not needed to meet sales goals, and I also think the SV will be out before too long.

At the Huracan unveil the Lambo rep said they plan on selling more than 4000 Aventadors.

So maybe one of you can confirm this??

I also doubt there will be NO facelift, I am curious to see who's right and who's wrong :icon_mrgreen:

RB are you saying that the Aventador will cease production when 4000 units will be completed which based on the current production schedule will be sometimes around the middle of 2015?

I am surprised to see references to an end production number, ie. "/4000". No manufacturer can predict with absolute certainty where they will end production, as it depends on a number of internal and exogenous factors, many of the external factors being out of anybody's control (economy, regulation, etc.). Could somebody confirm whether Lambo has stated they will seek to produce 4,000 units of the Avendator?

The other thought that came to my mind is that since the Huracan is so capable, it is starting to creep up on the Aventador in performance terms. It therefore seemed logical to me that a Huracan Spider and Aventador facelift / power lift could be announced next year.

By the rate they are selling them, it would seem logical to me that they produce 4000 units of the current Aventador (including maybe a limited run of SV with 'minor' cosmetic changes), and then show up with a facelifted model for another 4000 units.

I believe they will produce more than 4000 Aventadors, and they wont need a facelift to do it. I think the next big change will just be the SV, and they will offer that as part of a 3 model lineup, Aventador coupe, roadster, and SV. And offer it for a lot longer than the Murci SV was offered. Aventador production will also likely slow when the Huracan hits as well so it will take longer to get to 4000 and beyond than it seems based on previous years of Aventador production.

By the rate they are selling them, it would seem logical to me that they produce 4000 units of the current Aventador (including maybe a limited run of SV with 'minor' cosmetic changes), and then show up with a facelifted model for another 4000 units.

Are you saying they will offer an Aventador SV and then come out with another different model to succeed the Aventador, or that they are going to then produce another 4000 facelifted Aventadors after the Aventador SV?

I am surprised to see references to an end production number, ie. "/4000". No manufacturer can predict with absolute certainty where they will end production, as it depends on a number of internal and exogenous factors, many of the external factors being out of anybody's control (economy, regulation, etc.). Could somebody confirm whether Lambo has stated they will seek to produce 4,000 units of the Avendator?

The other thought that came to my mind is that since the Huracan is so capable, it is starting to creep up on the Aventador in performance terms. It therefore seemed logical to me that a Huracan Spider and Aventador facelift / power lift could be announced next year.

It says all over the web that they will limit production to 4000 Aventadors, but I believe they will make more.

The production number of 4,000 came from an article posted back in 2011 when the Aventador made her debut in Geneva ... the Aventador has a full monocoque made from carbon fibre, however the molds that are used to create the monocoque have a limited lifespan, they can only be used to manufacture 500 monocoques before they have to be replaced. Initially Automobili Lamborghini SpA is believed to have ordered eight sets of monocoque molds for the Aventador production ... which adds up to a total of 4,000 units.

But why wouldn't Lamborghini get more molds made ... of Toofdoc's Roadster is already production number 2911 they are already almost 75% into the production liimt ... sales are still high for the V12 and the current order book is nicely filled ... I think when you take into account the standing orders on the Aventador and Aventador Roaddster you'll be near the 4,000 mark already so why stop at 4,000 Aventador or even offer a facelift already?

Back in 2013 they built 1,001 Aventador ... the waiting list for a brand new Aventador still spans over 12 months I've been told ... so by the end of 2014 we might see Aventador #4,000 already ... I think sales will slow down a little with the new Huracan ... but still if only 4,000 V12 would be made they will run out early or mid 2015 anyway.

I've heard the Huracan also received about 2,000 orders already ... and none of them has been delivered yet ... there will be something new in Paris later this year ... but a Huracan Spyder already ... that might be too soon I think ... when looking at the Murcielago vs Gallardo they also released an 'uprated' LP640 to increase the gap between the Gallardo's 500hp and the original Murcielago's 580hp ... the latter went up to 640hp ... translate that into today: Huracan 610hp vs Aventador 700hp and I would guess the Aventador to get a power increase to at least 750hp (remember the 50th Anniversary already received 720hp without any trouble)

So here's my, totally subjective and most likely fictitious timeline:

Paris 2014 : Aventador LP750-4 with slightly modified bodywork perhaps

Geneva 2015 : Huracan LP610-4 Spyder

Frankfurt 2015 : Aventador LP800-4 Super Veloce

Geneva 2016 : Huracan LP650-4 Superleggera

At the end of the 2016 Blancpain Super Trofeo series they might unveil the Huracan Super Trofeo race car

Paris 2016 : Huracan LP650-4 Performante

Geneva 2017 : Urus production version?

I sure wouldn't mind a timeline like that ... lol.

The production number of 4,000 came from an article posted back in 2011 when the Aventador made her debut in Geneva ... the Aventador has a full monocoque made from carbon fibre, however the molds that are used to create the monocoque have a limited lifespan, they can only be used to manufacture 500 monocoques before they have to be replaced. Initially Automobili Lamborghini SpA is believed to have ordered eight sets of monocoque molds for the Aventador production ... which adds up to a total of 4,000 units.

But why wouldn't Lamborghini get more molds made ... of Toofdoc's Roadster is already production number 2911 they are already almost 75% into the production liimt ... sales are still high for the V12 and the current order book is nicely filled ... I think when you take into account the standing orders on the Aventador and Aventador Roaddster you'll be near the 4,000 mark already so why stop at 4,000 Aventador or even offer a facelift already?

Back in 2013 they built 1,001 Aventador ... the waiting list for a brand new Aventador still spans over 12 months I've been told ... so by the end of 2014 we might see Aventador #4,000 already ... I think sales will slow down a little with the new Huracan ... but still if only 4,000 V12 would be made they will run out early or mid 2015 anyway.

I've heard the Huracan also received about 2,000 orders already ... and none of them has been delivered yet ... there will be something new in Paris later this year ... but a Huracan Spyder already ... that might be too soon I think ... when looking at the Murcielago vs Gallardo they also released an 'uprated' LP640 to increase the gap between the Gallardo's 500hp and the original Murcielago's 580hp ... the latter went up to 640hp ... translate that into today: Huracan 610hp vs Aventador 700hp and I would guess the Aventador to get a power increase to at least 750hp (remember the 50th Anniversary already received 720hp without any trouble)

So here's my, totally subjective and most likely fictitious timeline:

Paris 2014 : Aventador LP750-4 with slightly modified bodywork perhaps

Geneva 2015 : Huracan LP610-4 Spyder

Frankfurt 2015 : Aventador LP800-4 Super Veloce

Geneva 2016 : Huracan LP650-4 Superleggera

At the end of the 2016 Blancpain Super Trofeo series they might unveil the Huracan Super Trofeo race car

Paris 2016 : Huracan LP650-4 Performante

Geneva 2017 : Urus production version?

I sure wouldn't mind a timeline like that ... lol.

Great timeline speculation....

However, I believe the SV will have the same engine as the 50th Anniversario and Veneno editions. Lambo has to keep those 200 cars and Veneno cars special and if Lambo go makes a SV 720+HP....I believe some 50th and Veneno buyers will be a little upset.

There maybe an "one-off" like the J that will be stronger/faster, but I'm feeling that the SV will have 720 also.

Just my guess.

Lambo has to keep those 200 cars and Veneno cars special and if Lambo go makes a SV 720+HP....I believe some 50th and Veneno buyers will be a little upset.

Yeah, like they cared about the Reventon owners :rolleyes:

Money talks, Lambo is just like any other Company out there...

However, I believe the SV will have the same engine as the 50th Anniversario and Veneno editions. Lambo has to keep those 200 cars and Veneno cars special and if Lambo go makes a SV 720+HP....I believe some 50th and Veneno buyers will be a little upset.

There maybe an "one-off" like the J that will be stronger/faster, but I'm feeling that the SV will have 720 also.

Just my guess.

Sounds plausible ... but in analogy to the Murciélago which went from 580hp initially to LP640 (+60hp) to LP670-4 Super Veloce, so a 30hp jump for the SV and a 90hp boost from the original Murciélago ... I'm sure if there is a facelift Aventador it will at least get the 720hp from the 50th Anniversary edition ... but the Veneno was an LP750-4 remember, so already 750hp in that one ... I would say 'facelift' with 730hp/740hp while the SV would be at least 780hp or even 800hp to keep it's distance with the Huracan's 610hp ... note the latter will eventually gain hp too ... most likely up to LP650-4 for the Superleggera edition I think.

Just my guess.

Yeah, like they cared about the Reventon owners :rolleyes:

Money talks, Lambo is just like any other Company out there...

The Veneno weighs a lot less than advertised and it has a lot more power too. 👽👍

The LP-720's will remain special due to their perfect blend of comfort and sportiness. The SV will likely be more hardcore (including lighter and less comfortable seats) - which many people won't want / need. The 50th cars have a perfect balance of race car and luxury. That said, I am sure that the SV will be amazing too.

The 50th Anniversario Roadster is my favorite car in the world, bar none. It will be hard to beat it. Like my Murcielago SV, I am sure I will enjoy the Aventador SV, but my wife probably won't care for the racier seats. That may make the 50th a better car for me (and others). We will see.

I predict that the SV will have a higher advertised HP than the Veneno.

The 50th Anniversario Roadster is my favorite car in the world, bar none. It will be hard to beat it. Like my Murcielago SV, I am sure I will enjoy the Aventador SV, but my wife probably won't care for the racier seats. That may make the 50th a better car for me (and others). We will see.

I predict that the SV will have a higher advertised HP than the Veneno.

:iamwithstupid:

The SV will definitely have more power than the 50th's 720. I dont think any Aventador model will hit an advertised 800hp, they will keep that for the next model.

The SV will definitely have more power than the 50th's 720. I dont think any Aventador model will hit an advertised 800hp, they will keep that for the next model.

I could live with 790hp too ... :icon_super:

No way they make only 4k Aventadors... They will sell them and whore them out just as they did the Gallardo for as long as they can.

No way they make only 4k Aventadors... They will sell them and whore them out just as they did the Gallardo for as long as they can.

:iamwithstupid: