Best leather care option for a roadster with contrasting stitching?

Luxeous

Can anyone recommend a safe way to condition and protect the black leather in my roadster without discoloring the blue stitching? My interior is great right now and I want to keep it that way. :)

lexol works well because it is clear so won't discolor stitching. you can get lexol wipes too. clean the leather if it's dirty. lexol cleaner works well

To me if you clean the leather, the dirt will transfer along with the chemical cleaner from the cleaning cloth onto the colored thread.

So, perhaps use masking to cover over the tread before you begin cleaning.

Nothing wrong w/ Lexol and many other brands, old school suggestion - saddle soap.

(I have grey tread in black and I have cleaned the thread with carpet cleaner with no adverse results....yet best to avoid getting the dirt/ chemicals on the thread in the first place. Leather color/dye transfer I have no options/comments)

swissvax is way too expensive. but i heard it is good

modern leather is all highly treated. i would avoid putting to much stuff on it for at least first 5 years. just clean and light treatment.

zaino bro's leather treatment has UV protection. great stuff for convertibles against fading and cracking if you live in hot weather and park with top down often (which I don't recommend).

swissvax is way too expensive. but i heard it is good

modern leather is all highly treated. i would avoid putting to much stuff on it for at least first 5 years. just clean and light treatment.

zaino bro's leather treatment has UV protection. great stuff for convertibles against fading and cracking if you live in hot weather and park with top down often (which I don't recommend).

I think I'd definitely want something with UV protection. Even though the car is always garaged, there's no real way to protect when I'm out and about with the top off other than lugging out the toupe when I park lol. Does Zaino have a clear solution that won't discolor the stitching like the Lexol you mentioned?

Would you put Diablo leather in the modern leather bucket?

leatherique is definitely good stuff. but it's not easy to use by any means. it requires several days of soaking. and then removal of the oil.

zaino does have a blue color. that's why i recommend lexol so you don't have to mask the stitching. but you can actually apply zaino if you are careful about not getting onto the stitching.

for interiors with full leather such as lambos, don't forget to hit the dash and door panels. a light coat of conditioner on dash is sufficient because you don't want any shine for glare in windshield.

older leather is more porous and once factory treatment / coating is worn (definitely as in a 20-25 year old diablo), it should be treated for sure.

if it's light in color (tan or light gray for example) and has lots of dirt marks, leatherique is a good candidate. darker leather like black can just be cleaned with towel damp with hot water or a general leather cleaner as needed. both followed with conditioner. let conditioner sit on the leather for a while before wiping it off completely.

if your side bolster has some wear, you can use some black shoe polish if the leather is black. lighter colors will be tricky. ebay does sell leather dye that comes in spray cans and touchup bottles

Yeah all the leather in these cars makes treatment days LONG... but has to be done. Especially with the roadster....even with the top on theres always a ton of dust inside