Speaking of guns... Mass stabbing at Pennsylvania high school

Roman

Listening to the doctor at Forbes news conference explain the injuries to some of those as being "deep puncture wounds" ...man that really makes me cringe. Two went directly to the OR. Luckily, he also stated, was the paramedics extraordinary response and quick tranfers to hospitals.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News is saying it lasted for 30 minutes. I find that hard to believe.

That may have been the time it took for police to arrive and call code 4.

That may have been the time it took for police to arrive and call code 4.

Police station is on the same road. Plus there are always a few units at the intersection of Rt. 22 and School Road. every morning because of the bus traffic and trying to catch people speeding/running that red light.

Several local hospitals report patients were taken to their hospitals. Here is the breakdown of victims.

–8 at Forbes Regional Hospital

–5 at UPMC East

–4 at UPMC Children’s Hospital

–1 at UPMC Mercy

–1 at UPMC Presby

–1 at Allegheny General Hostpital

Suspect is 16. There is a photo of him out there but I won't be posting it.

Several local hospitals report patients were taken to their hospitals. Here is the breakdown of victims.

–8 at Forbes Regional Hospital

–5 at UPMC East

–4 at UPMC Children’s Hospital

–1 at UPMC Mercy

–1 at UPMC Presby

–1 at Allegheny General Hostpital

Suspect is 16. There is a photo of him out there but I won't be posting it.

Send me the name.

Send me the name.

No name yet. Didn't feel comfortable asking the babysitter. Ill send it over when I get it.

so sorry to hear this its horrible

my 10 year old nephew was home sick and saw this on the news and ask his mom is this why you have take marshal arts after school I almost lost it when she told me its is scary what kids see and realize

There is mention of a school resource officer and a security guard. The school resource officer is an Murrysville Police Officer (unsure if on-duty or off-duty). The SRO called in the incident. The Security Guard was stabbed. I am unsure if there are 2 separate positions or if the news is using them interchangeably. I feel like they are two separate positions based on some of the other reports and wording.

Sorry to hear Hannibal, this is so close to your home. Glad your friends are okay and sorry about those who are injured.

General statement, not directed at Hannibal. Knife wounds into the chest/abdomen are no joke. Lacerations of viscera and large blood vessels are life threatening and if survived promise a lifetime of suffering due to the way a body heals from such an injury.

Lee's statement about gun vs knives was not only obtuse but ignorant given the environment where the attacks happened.

Sorry to hear Hannibal, this is so close to your home. Glad your friends are okay and sorry about those who are injured.

General statement, not directed at Hannibal. Knife wounds into the chest/abdomen are no joke. Lacerations of viscera and large blood vessels are life threatening and if survived promise a lifetime of suffering due to the way a body heals from such an injury.

Thanks man! Knives are scary. I'd rather face a gun then a knife face to face.

Senior Josiah Wages, a senior, said he had just arrived at school and went to the cafeteria for breakfast when he heard a commotion, then the fire alarm.

“Everybody was just freaking out,” he said. “It's been a tough senior year. We've had a lot of fights in school — more than usual — and a suicide this year.”

His brother Seth, a freshman, called 911 when he saw the security officer, whom students nicknamed “Sarge,” scuffling with the suspect in a hallway near the offices, he said.

Vice Principal Sam King came out of office and saw the scuffle, Wages said.

“I hope they're OK,” Wages said. “It took a lot to jump in there like that.”

Wages credited student Nate Simeo with protecting a group of girls who were targeted by the attacker.

“Nate's a friend of mine and he jumped in front of a couple of girls who were targeted and protected them,” Wages said.

Simeo was injured and was taken to Children's Hospital.

I forgot about the suicide. That really shook the community up. Lots of questions surrounding it including potential long term abuse at home from a parent. Was a really F'd up situation. The kid was friends with my babysitter and I know it messed her up for awhile.

I saw this on the news and thought of my PGHCNC friends. I knew some of you live in that area. Glad everyone has survived and I hope they will all pull through their surgeries!

Pic of the kid who jumped in to protect the girls. He posted it to his instagram account. Total badass

post-24965-1397061063_thumb.png

Pic of the kid who jumped in to protect the girls. He posted it to his instagram account. Total badass

2014_04_09_12_28_59.png

Glad he has use of the arm.... I've seen that type of injury completely severe the muscle, the tendons the blood vessels and the nerves in a 360 circle around the forearm.... And that was done with a 1" long blade in one slashing motion.

I'm the one who did it.

Glad he has use of the arm....

I'm sure he was too busy posing for Instagram and flirting with the nurses to remember to call his mom and tell her he was alright. ;)

2014_04_09_12_28_59.png

He's like... Got stabbed, But I didn't have to take my algebra test.

Sooooo worth it. :lol2:

He's like... Got stabbed, But I didn't have to take my algebra test.

Sooooo worth it. :lol2:

More like, "I'm so getting laid, bro."

Glad he has use of the arm.... I've seen that type of injury completely severe the muscle, the tendons the blood vessels and the nerves in a 360 circle around the forearm.... And that was done with a 1" long blade in one slashing motion.

I'm the one who did it.

Was that the attack on you in the city?

More like, "I'm so getting laid, bro."

My first thought too. Hahaha. I'll ask the babysitter if she knows him. Must protect babysitter at all costs. Good ones are hard to come by. Especially one that will put up with my 2 boys.

I'm the one who did it.

Holy shit! I'm glad you are ok!