take your exotic to work?

BUMN

Sprite, I am sure you have better connections than me but if you want an "in" I am a good friend with one of the investors.

Thanks will let you know, planning on signing up for one of their tours. Did you ever make it out to C&O? I didn't make it out since the weather was crap and the 12c was semi-broken but will be going to the next one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely unrelated, but does it ever get monotonous working from home? Or does the ability to make it to "the office" in your bath robe trump all?

Whatever it is, apparently works well for you. :icon_thumleft:

Whenever I worked from home I found it very hard to turn work off. I was always at my laptop or on my phone. Part of it was feeling the need to "do enough" since I could take a break whenever needed or grab and extra long lunch as desired. Part of it was always being within arms reach of my laptop. When I left that job and got one in an office I honestly doubted my ability to go to the office every day.

Pros/Cons to both.

My dream would be to have a job involving travel where I could work from home when needed but still have an office to go into a few days a week.

Drove the gallardo spyder today. Woman who works for me in sales said " wow I want one" so we sat down and put together a plan whereby if she achieves certain targets I will buy her the car.

Will she hit the target? Possibly but a long shot.. But if it inspired her even half way she will be very happy and I will still get her some kind of reward.

You sound like a good boss.

You sound like a good boss.

Thanks that's very nice. I like to think so. My belief is if everyone is making money and happy I can make money and be happy and it seems to work out that way for a long time and the company has grown 3 times the size in the last 6 years. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe I have the right formula but if people can pay their bills ,have fun , and not feel stressed about money all the time they are way more productive. Company benefits ( healthcare the government doesn't provide) is important too. Then I find people share in your success and want you to make money , drive nice cars and live a good life.

The rare ones who are bitter jealous or envious tend to piss off the co workers and get fired anyway.

How much less could you care? A lot? A little? Or you COULDN'T care less? ;)

I care more about the fact I said 'care' vs. 'couldn't care' than others' jealousy. :lol2:

I care more about the fact I said 'care' vs. 'couldn't care' than others' jealousy. :lol2:

You were careless with your care less.

On the topic of not driving the exotics to work, has anyone driven one of those Scion FRS bitches?

Contemplating on picking one up for the drive to work. Want something fun and unassuming. Heard Coopers thrown around here but have my interest on the FRS.

On the topic of not driving the exotics to work, has anyone driven one of those Scion FRS bitches?

Contemplating on picking one up for the drive to work. Want something fun and unassuming. Heard Coopers thrown around here but have my interest on the FRS.

Buddy has one and loves it. Does a weekly video blog about it on youtube. Posts under SubaruWRXFan there and very occasionally as DoubleM on here. I've been in it a few times and it is quite comfortable. Amazing front seats and a lot of bang for the buck. Just my 2 cents.

He does have winter tires for it and didn't mind it at all in the snow. He was coming from a Legacy GT Spec B.

Buddy has one and loves it. Does a weekly video blog about it on youtube. Posts under SubaruWRXFan there and very occasionally as DoubleM on here. I've been in it a few times and it is quite comfortable. Amazing front seats and a lot of bang for the buck. Just my 2 cents.

He does have winter tires for it and didn't mind it at all in the snow. He was coming from a Legacy GT Spec B.

Right on. I've seen his videos amongst others in my research on the FRS.

Everyone who driven it seemed to love it with only the caveat that it could use more power. If I pick one up, I plan to supercharge the nuts off it. Should be able to get into the 350hp range. Perfect for a little daily.

Will try to get a test drive in soon.

Everyone who driven it seemed to love it with only the caveat that it could use more power.

That's the whole point of these cars -- in order to have that balance, it comes at the expense of some power.

I'm not saying the two are mutually exclusive, it's just the nature of the FRS/BRZ type of car.