The John Scotti Collection

CAH84

I read on Autoblog that the collection of John Scotti is going up on the block. Three Diablos, surprisingly no Countach. Anybody here going to make attempt on any of them? Whats the word as far as the condition of his Lamborghinis? The price estimates seem a bit ehh... optimistic for some of those vehicles IMO regardless of the condition a 90s chevy pickup is still a 90s chevy pickup.

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/all-...mp;rowsperpage=

AS14_r1322_01.jpg

AS14_r1108_01.jpg

AS14_r1076_01.jpg

The 91's shouldn't have the VT badge on the back, and that instantly casts a shadow over them. What other Bubba Bits have been screwed onto them?

The Argento '94 looks nice in the pictures though...

The sheer number of cars alone is mighty impressive. There seem to be some highly polished turds in there, but a few worth looking at I'm sure.

Just an FYI to any prospective bidders I know some of those Diablos have been sitting in a showroom for at least 5 years.

I would say 8+ years at least.

Scotti is 1 of the 3 authorized Lamborghini dealers in Canada. I had seen a portion of his collection (likely about 200 cars) and they really aren't properly cared for. Some just sat in his big showroom which looks industrial and outdated; others were in an underground compound collecting dust literally. Definitely not too much TLC had been put into these cars.

As to pricing, don't know who sets the prices for this collection but Scotti himself was totally unrealistic. About 8 years ago, he had 2 Diablo 6.0SE. One was #40 for sure and the other was #17 I think. Both were in that not-so-appealing Marrone Eklipsis colour. Both cars were never titled and were "new"; but it also meant they just sat for 5+ years and the dust on the body confirmed it; both cars were literally under 1/8" of dust. I inquired about the price and he wanted full MSRP on either of the two --- $375kCanadian. And despite being "new" and sold through a legit Lambo dealership, no warranty whatsoever. Everything was sold as is. Naturally, the negotiation did not go very far.

I can't speak for all of them but from what I had seen and that was 8 years ago, the majority of them were 7/10 at the very best. They are far from mint and definitely not well looked after.

I would say 8+ years at least.

Scotti is 1 of the 3 authorized Lamborghini dealers in Canada. I had seen a portion of his collection (likely about 200 cars) and they really aren't properly cared for. Some just sat in his big showroom which looks industrial and outdated; others were in an underground compound collecting dust literally. Definitely not too much TLC had been put into these cars.

As to pricing, don't know who sets the prices for this collection but Scotti himself was totally unrealistic. About 8 years ago, he had 2 Diablo 6.0SE. One was #40 for sure and the other was #17 I think. Both were in that not-so-appealing Marrone Eklipsis colour. Both cars were never titled and were "new"; but it also meant they just sat for 5+ years and the dust on the body confirmed it; both cars were literally under 1/8" of dust. I inquired about the price and he wanted full MSRP on either of the two --- $375kCanadian. And despite being "new" and sold through a legit Lambo dealership, no warranty whatsoever. Everything was sold as is. Naturally, the negotiation did not go very far.

I can't speak for all of them but from what I had seen and that was 8 years ago, the majority of them were 7/10 at the very best. They are far from mint and definitely not well looked after.

Yup. They wanted $140k for their 800 mile Black '91 Diablo two years ago...

FYI..I have a line on a 2001 Diablo 6.0SE finished in the Sunset color (Root Beer Brown). 650 miles on it, no wing..and it is for sale...I will be brokering it....contact me direct for info.

AND the number will START with a $2xx,888.00 so be pre-pared..

FYI..I have a line on a 2001 Diablo 6.0SE finished in the Sunset color (Root Beer Brown). 650 miles on it, no wing..and it is for sale...I will be brokering it....contact me direct for info.

AND the number will START with a $2xx,888.00 so be pre-pared..

With those kind of miles, I would imagine its going to be $250k +

A little update it appears the 1991 Lamborghini Diablo (red) went for 95,000. Amazingly a lot of these vehicles are meeting their estimates, though not all.