99' Alpine editon 1 of 1 Monterey blue up for auction

Robster Craws

I've been watching this one on Roy's site for awhile now. Was actually really surprised it didn't sell at his asking (135k IIRC), as it looks like one of the better Diablos on the market right now (especially given the color and rarity!). Beautiful car indeed!!!

I've been watching this one on Roy's site for awhile now. Was actually really surprised it didn't sell at his asking (135k IIRC), as it looks like one of the better Diablos on the market right now (especially given the color and rarity!). Beautiful car indeed!!!

I didnt realize Roy was the one with the car listed!

This thread title might be misleading -- 1 of 1?

I just emailed my friend who owns an Alpine car asking if this was his. Does not appear to be because the rims are different, and he has amber versus clear lenses for turning signals.

This thread title might be misleading -- 1 of 1?

I just emailed my friend who owns an Alpine car asking if this was his. Does not appear to be because the rims are different, and he has amber versus clear lenses for turning signals.

Just re-wrote what the add said. Maybe it's the only one with Monterey blue/ snowcorn white combo?

Just re-wrote what the add said. Maybe it's the only one with Monterey blue/ snowcorn white combo?

Add says 1/14, 1/1 in this configuration.

Add says 1/14, 1/1 in this configuration.

There are some pictures here of the car I'm thinking of:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47654

Unfortunately no actual interior shots, although there is one shot with the doors up where you can see the door panel trim.

No biggie either way....just was a little shocking to the system to think this guy just up and sold his car without warning. :icon_mrgreen:

Hello guys...a little up-date. Yes it is my car. Yes I listed it for sale with Mecum. Normally Auction cars get listed about 2 months prior to the auction for the most exposure. HOWEVER any auction car is still for sale UNTIL the titles are sent into the Auction house prior to the auction. THEN the car is committed to the Auction. With Mecum I am required to have the titles in 2 weeks prior tot he auction date.

A few weeks ago a buyer wanted the car. I advised him that he should do a PPI first and we could go from there. I had already done quite a few things to the car, new tires, plugs, fluids etc etc....on the PPI we located 1 bad door strut, 4 getting bad rear bushings on the suspension and 1 bad cat prob on the passenger side that was getting ready to go any day. This amounted to about $2800 of additional work. We came to an agreement with thee items corrected and the car has sold.

Once these repairs are completed, about 10 days, then the car ships to its new owner in Colorado and will not be going to auction.

We are expecting funds payment mid this week, once full funds arrive, the car will be shown as sold on my site.

Thanks Roy

Hello guys...a little up-date. Yes it is my car. Yes I listed it for sale with Mecum. Normally Auction cars get listed about 2 months prior to the auction for the most exposure. HOWEVER any auction car is still for sale UNTIL the titles are sent into the Auction house prior to the auction. THEN the car is committed to the Auction. With Mecum I am required to have the titles in 2 weeks prior tot he auction date.

A few weeks ago a buyer wanted the car. I advised him that he should do a PPI first and we could go from there. I had already done quite a few things to the car, new tires, plugs, fluids etc etc....on the PPI we located 1 bad door strut, 4 getting bad rear bushings on the suspension and 1 bad cat prob on the passenger side that was getting ready to go any day. This amounted to about $2800 of additional work. We came to an agreement with thee items corrected and the car has sold.

Once these repairs are completed, about 10 days, then the car ships to its new owner in Colorado and will not be going to auction.

We are expecting funds payment mid this week, once full funds arrive, the car will be shown as sold on my site.

Thanks Roy

Congrats on sale and to the buyer.. nice car.

Here is a better shot of the interior of my friend's Diablo. And I'm pretty sure he'll never sell it!! And it is the most beautiful car I have ever seen in person. This color has to be seen in the sunlight!

post-48-1400612835_thumb.jpg

post-48-1400613018_thumb.jpg