new Lamborghini 5-95 Zagato

a007apl

I think it is a very interesting concept. Zagato is offering a completely different take on a Lamborghini - I find that most concepts from outside design houses play it too safe. While I do not long for a Lamborghini to look like this, I see how it could have a good influence on a future model in a subtle way (Marzal - Huracan).

I am usually not a huge fan of Zagato's work, but their trademark double bubble roof is cool, especially when you need to wear a helmet. The extra space helps.

I hope we see more concepts like this from outside designer studios. Lamborghni's in-house design team has the look we are all used to down, if someone else is going to give it a shot I would rather it be wildly different like this.

Reminds me of this!

And I can't believe they left alone the only things that some people think are ugly on the gallardo. The mirrors.

I guess they made the rest of the car match the mirrors now?

post-10027-1401068601_thumb.jpg

I actually wonder what the owner thinks about it? Albert Spiess commissioned Zagato to build this to be added to his vast collection of rare and exotic cars ... would really like to know what he really feels about it now that it's ready ... and reactions aren't that good.

Zagato was also mentioned back in August 2013 to be doing an Aventador based special to be shown at the 2014 Geneva Show ... that didn't happen in the end ...

I have to admit Zagato had some really nice and interesting concepts over the years ... but this one has me a little confused ... doesn't look different enough ... I can't help myself, but when I see the front, specifically the headlight area it just reminds me of the Aston One-77.

I think Zagato has great design ideas, unfortunatel i don't like them all together. What i mean is that the car for me is a patchwork of good ideas but al those ideas are not good all together

Zagato did a lot of excellent cars in the past, but this one looks bad to my eyes: maybe i will change my mind seeing the car in person, but at present it reminds me a Spyker too much.

ciao

I think Zagato has great design ideas, unfortunatel i don't like them all together. What i mean is that the car for me is a patchwork of good ideas but al those ideas are not good all together

:iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid:

You're right, it sounds like a tupid answer but if you look at the rear light, they have a great design, just they're not good on this car because everything is round and make it fat.

I like how the exhausts are coming out from the body but they are round, i prefer much the plastic part of the rear more than the MP4-12 plastic rear part. It's not bad the idea of the vent on the roof but too much round. The idea of the nose of the car is good but not well designed with those lights.

For that i think that they have chosed randome parts well designed.

There's a big difference between polarizing and isolating. The design office at Mattel/Hot Wheels probably knows better, but I doubt anyone will be going to a toy company for advice. These folks would rather fail in full scale on their own.

They will follow bertone. If you are stuck in to past and mesmerized ehat you were able to create then and awe it just tells me the company has lost its sharpness and its meaning. They are going to be toast unless some bigger company buys the right to the name and bring their own personnel to the company.

I like most of their work but this is an exception. I don't really like the mashed up Spyker/Lotus look.

• 1 month later...