Talk me out of trading in my Gallardo

niranjan

Personally, I'd have a tune done on your e-gear system and maybe upgrade a couple things on the G. I don't see those other cars beating a modded G for overall experience in that price range. I drove a 2004 G before and after some e-gear work and it was a dramatic difference in driving experience. Well worth it in my opinion!

That upgrade is one of the best any older G can do. What a huge difference that made! Glad you liked it!

Do you know if Murci's got an update? To the OP..the problem with owning a Lamborghini is....NOTHING...can replace it. After owning a Lambo everything feels like a downgrade. I look at the Murci it looks like a jet...or even a G coming down the road....nothing matches them.......

Do you know if Murci's got an update? To the OP..the problem with owning a Lamborghini is....NOTHING...can replace it. After owning a Lambo everything feels like a downgrade. I look at the Murci it looks like a jet...or even a G coming down the road....nothing matches them.......

I know, that's the dilemma.

I've got a few more cars to add to the test drive list. I've driven the Bentley before and it just felt like a boat to me. I'd prefer something a little more agile.

Not having kids I'm no expert in this arena - but I assume if they are small enough to need car seats maybe a 911 could work, although having to get into the back to buckle/unbuckle would be a HUGE pain since the back isn't terribly accessible.

My friends with the 612 have kids that are around 8 & 11 years old. I'm not sure at what point they no longer need child car seats but that could be a determining factor.

I don't know how you would fit an infant car seat in the back of a 911. I could see a booster seat (with the kids kicked the back of your seat the whole time) but no way an infant seat and base would fit.

I hear your pain.....I'm in the same boat debating on getting a GT2 instead of the Murci. (although dealer wants a striaght across trade which doesn't sound like a great deal) Main thing is it sucks having a car without the dealer network. It is an occassion to drive the Murci tho..but thats also the problem...you cant leave it anywhere without a crowd, its tough in stop and go traffic which our city is plagued with, and not to practical for road trips.....but...its a Lamborghini and even though there are smarter choices its really hard to feel the passion for another car after driving a Lambo...argh choices

I thought you were taking the murci to Dubai with you...did that fall through or do I have my members mixed up?

I don't know how you would fit an infant car seat in the back of a 911. I could see a booster seat (with the kids kicked the back of your seat the whole time) but no way an infant seat and base would fit.

You would know better than I....thanks for chiming in :icon_thumleft:

So did we talk you out of it?

Funny you ask. I just put a deposit down on a 911 Turbo S today. I drove a bunch of cars over the past couple of weeks and it was the one I kept coming back to. I will say the Gallardo is the first car I've sold where there was a part of me that didn't want to part with it. In the end, Destructo's advice kept ringing in my head - It's just a car and they made 14,000 of them. If I miss it too much, I can always come back. Maybe even to the LP560. Thanks to all for the advice.

Funny you ask. I just put a deposit down on a 911 Turbo S today. I drove a bunch of cars over the past couple of weeks and it was the one I kept coming back to. I will say the Gallardo is the first car I've sold where there was a part of me that didn't want to part with it. In the end, Destructo's advice kept ringing in my head - It's just a car and they made 14,000 of them. If I miss it too much, I can always come back. Maybe even to the LP560. Thanks to all for the advice.

Same way I would think about it. Enjoy the new car!

If and when you do decide to come back, move into an LP5xx and you'll never look back at the older Gallardo.

Congrats and I'm sure you'll love the Turbo S. Post some pictures up when you get it home!

If and when you do decide to come back, move into an LP5xx and you'll never look back at the older Gallardo.

Congrats and I'm sure you'll love the Turbo S. Post some pictures up when you get it home!

:iamwithstupid:

You're going to love it. I've had mine for three months now. The 991 Turbo S is one of the best cars I've ever owned.

It's funny....I always hurt a little when Lambo owners let go of their Bull? Can't pin point it on why, but here in Pittsburgh, we lost 5 Lamborghinis in this past off season. I guess, I just like to see Bulls running everywhere.

To the OP...enjoy your new ride, congrats on your new baby, and hope you'll rejoin the Bull Riding Club soon.