World Cup. Copa Mundial.

Roman

Brazil will never get over this, not in a thousand years!

And you are so sure of this, how??

So we have a Brazilian team down two star players, and the perfect storm of poor execution and heart going up against Germany which had everything going for them. Clearly a mental breakdown and giving up. This is soccer FFS, you have to want somebody to score 7 goals against you at this level. :lol2:

I know from 25+ years of watching sports that sometimes you run into a buzzsaw and shit gets real, real fast. Look at this year's Super Bowl for strong evidence of that.

I'd argue that Brazil losing the '98 World Cup 3-0 to France was far worse than this. Sure it wasn't losing by 6 goals, but you cannot compare losing a World Cup in huge upset fashion to having the wheels fall off against a team that appeared to be better in a semi-final game. I happened to be in Brazil at the time and it was pretty damn somber, but the world went on fairly quickly.

They went out and won the following World Cup, shutting out Germany 2-0, so I think they will be ok.

Its starting to make sense now.....one country still hurting from old wounds from 12 years ago looking to get some form of payback!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for Holland , Really don't want GER or ARG to win. hate both of those teams.

How are you feeling now? :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously I wanted it for Holland too.

cocv7mQ.png

Brazil will never get over this, not in a thousand years!

Exaggerate much?

Every world cup there are shocks. France folding was a highlight in South Africa, it happens. This game was long overdue. Brazil have been playing with an aura that did not fit with the way they were playing.

They played well... sort of, to win the confederates cup and they did not change much. They have never had a history of being strong defensively as they tended to defend by attacking but the players on the pitch did not and do not play that way. They had some great attacking players on the bench but they did not use them. Don't get me wrong, this home defeat is bad for them but if Neymar and Silva were on the pitch then it would have been worse.

It is staggering to think that Sideshow Bob is on his way to PSG for £50m, he cannot defend. Rafa at Chelsea got the best out of him and that was a holding midfielder. But Big Phil just turned a blind eye to resolving defence issues. Brazil got sloppy.

Hulk and Fred just were not and have never been up to the job. Tweak the defence, use the attacking midfielders, fit Neymar, they will be back in it in Russia don't you worry.

I hate LVG so glad he and his team are out. He taught the Argentinian goalie how to save penatlies? Yeah great job, maybe should have shown your countryman the same lessons yeah?

Love Mascherano, he was my favourite player at LFC and when he left the decline in results showed he was missed. He has been sturdy all tournament.

And you are so sure of this, how??

So we have a Brazilian team down two star players, and the perfect storm of poor execution and heart going up against Germany which had everything going for them. Clearly a mental breakdown and giving up. This is soccer FFS, you have to want somebody to score 7 goals against you at this level. :lol2:

I know from 25+ years of watching sports that sometimes you run into a buzzsaw and shit gets real, real fast. Look at this year's Super Bowl for strong evidence of that.

I'd argue that Brazil losing the '98 World Cup 3-0 to France was far worse than this. Sure it wasn't losing by 6 goals, but you cannot compare losing a World Cup in huge upset fashion to having the wheels fall off against a team that appeared to be better in a semi-final game. I happened to be in Brazil at the time and it was pretty damn somber, but the world went on fairly quickly.

They went out and won the following World Cup, shutting out Germany 2-0, so I think they will be ok.

Its starting to make sense now.....one country still hurting from old wounds from 12 years ago looking to get some form of payback!

Exaggerate much?

Every world cup there are shocks. France folding was a highlight in South Africa, it happens. This game was long overdue. Brazil have been playing with an aura that did not fit with the way they were playing.

They played well... sort of, to win the confederates cup and they did not change much. They have never had a history of being strong defensively as they tended to defend by attacking but the players on the pitch did not and do not play that way. They had some great attacking players on the bench but they did not use them. Don't get me wrong, this home defeat is bad for them but if Neymar and Silva were on the pitch then it would have been worse.

It is staggering to think that Sideshow Bob is on his way to PSG for £50m, he cannot defend. Rafa at Chelsea got the best out of him and that was a holding midfielder. But Big Phil just turned a blind eye to resolving defence issues. Brazil got sloppy.

Hulk and Fred just were not and have never been up to the job. Tweak the defence, use the attacking midfielders, fit Neymar, they will be back in it in Russia don't you worry.

I hate LVG so glad he and his team are out. He taught the Argentinian goalie how to save penatlies? Yeah great job, maybe should have shown your countryman the same lessons yeah?

Love Mascherano, he was my favourite player at LFC and when he left the decline in results showed he was missed. He has been sturdy all tournament.

I was just continuing with the Nazi thing; you know, Thousand-Year Reich and all!

But, whatever.

I was just continuing with the Nazi thing; you know, Thousand-Year Reich and all!

But, whatever.

You tell one joke, and you get the British invasion. Damn.

Really hope Germany wins the cup. Argentina hasn't been dominant 1 single game. You never had the feeling like they were the stronger one.

Messi has one last chance to show off his talent.

well, that was outside of the box, and if the ref actually scored it that should of been a red card not a yellow...

1 Holland Brazil 0 :icon_super:

I predict either Germany or Argentina will take the cup this year. Brazil is good but will likely choke at some point. USA won't win, but they'll make it out of the first round.

:icon_mrgreen:

I've just learned a country called "argentiner" is in the finals?

And my Germans a little rusty.... But I'm pretty sure Schweinsteiger translates to "pig fucker".

LOL at German keeping getting a foul for sticking a knee into someone's upper torso...

Hmm I see how this will go. I want Mascherano to lift the trophy.

I can't say I had a really good look at Argentina before this game but they are doing better than I expected. I hope they can pull out the win.