World Cup. Copa Mundial.

Roman

So the bbc write an article on a topic on why the Americans don't get diving:flopping in "soccccar".

It ends on a sentence that I have been saying all along, the US has yet to be in a position to win anything yet, see how they feel about diving when one of their players dives to get into a game winning position.

Doesn't make it less annoying or stupid. Winning a game on a call due to acting is lame.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't make it less annoying or stupid. Winning a game on a call due to acting is lame.

:iamwithstupid:

This is how I feel when there are grown men rolling around like they've been shot, "WTF is this shit?"

95vqzo.jpg

I get the strategy, the fact that everyone does it, etc. , but it is comical half of the time. Go ahead, take a dive, try to draw the foul, but get the fcuk back up if there isn't a whistle. Forcing the ref to stop play because you are a dedicated actor is annoying as hell.

It makes the game almost unwatchable for me.

It make the game almost unwatchable for me.

If I wanted to watch someone struggle to score and act for 90 minutes id take Jirre out to the bar.

It makes the game almost unwatchable for me.

I love watching the world cup.. but no way could i handle watching this nonsense flopping as a fan.. You are playing a sport there has to be some honor. In the NBA you flop 5k fine. do it again 10k , keep doing it and your out. It affects the game IMO. You have grown ass men falling when a player is 2 feet away.

The flopping bullshit only adds to the american stigma that soccer players are soft pansies. I got ridiculed by football players growing up for playing soccer. This world cup does nothing to aid that misconception....

And flopping to win a game is simply pathetic....

Next up USA USA USA! I'm headed home soon to camp out on the couch and watch.

I've been on the couch since 11.

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

USA!

I think the problem with play acting and diving can be resolved in less than a season.

How? Howard Webb got it right as a ref in the Brazil vs Columbia game.

There were fouls but he did not give them so they played on and they knew he would not blow his whistle over silly things. That game was fantastic to watch.

Then there is video footage. If you take retrospective action against violent conduct then you can do the same for diving. If you dived and your team won you cannot play for the next three games. Easy.

Also it should be noted USA fans, your manager was famous for it!

I like the old style of game, couple of knocks and dings and you get on, we have some of the classics World Cup matches being shown on tv here and it is miles better to watch.

I think the problem with play acting and diving can be resolved in less than a season.

How? Howard Webb got it right as a ref in the Brazil vs Columbia game.

There were fouls but he did not give them so they played on and they knew he would not blow his whistle over silly things. That game was fantastic to watch.

Then there is video footage. If you take retrospective action against violent conduct then you can do the same for diving. If you dived and your team won you cannot play for the next three games. Easy.

I think those simple changes would help a lot of casual fans like myself get into the game beyond just watching their country in World Cup play.

Howard is having a great game and the American defence is hanging on but playing ever so well.

Kompany is a great player and no one has a bad word to say about him - would have been nice to see him score that. I would love him in Liverpool's central defence

good lord this is painful to watch..USA looks like a college team vs a pro. can't pass , can't head the ball.. just lower talent.

Belgium absolutely kicked beat US in every category :(

USA played well throughout but better towards the end.

Pass the nytol to Chris Wondolowski he is going to have some nightmares.

we must have been watching 2 different games.. they played horrible for 105 minutes .The last 15 minutes were exciting.