Huracan LP610-4 figures from Auto Motor Und Sport

P900

I was with MODO at the track and this car is no joke.

Much faster then any of us expected and handling was serious as well

BRAVO

Was Allan there?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For comparison, this is the LP560 test from car and driver:

Both Car and Driver and AMuS have measured the weight of the Huracan around the 3400 lbs area. That puts is around the LP570 and 458. I would wager than a RWD version would be very close to 12C in a weight. Pretty incredible considering one has a 5.2L V10 and the other a 3.8L V8.

post-2638-1406984172_thumb.jpg

Curb weight of MP4-12C is 3200 lb. You mean to say you can shave off 200 lb by going to RWD?

Would get close, probably around 150. I think DWiggs weighed an LP550 and they were lighter than the superleggeras.

150 lb for removing the front driveshaft and diff? No

I think that's what DWiggs weighed his at when he removed it from his Murci. And if an LP550-2 is lighter than an LP570, I'm not sure where else the weight saving would be coming from.

my 12C was 3,118 on the scales....

Curb weight of MP4-12C is 3200 lb. You mean to say you can shave off 200 lb by going to RWD?

I would take seat of pants "VBOXES" in a controlled restricted environment with a grain of salt, this is the third magazine which comes up with similar numbers, I am assuming they are using proper testing equipment.

When owners will get their cars and get to VBOX them then we will have proper comparisons.

I would take seat of pants "VBOXES" in a controlled restricted environment with a grain of salt, this is the third magazine which comes up with similar numbers, I am assuming they are using proper testing equipment.

When owners will get their cars and get to VBOX them then we will have proper comparisons.

I agree ...

Smoother is faster ... Or in this case ...

"just as precise and predictably as it is explosive"

Looks like that SL you want, is gonna be worth the wait ... Freaky Fast!!!

I don't see where. What other magazines are doing 10.4 second quarter miles? I don't consider 10.8 and 10.4 and 132 mph to 135 mph traps "similar"

The test appear to be at least 50-100lbs lighter considering they are the SPORT seat option and not the power seats. That would change the weight figures a bit. The carbon brakes compared to a lp560 steel brake option saves another 40-50lbs as well.

I don't see where. What other magazines are doing 10.4 second quarter miles? I don't consider 10.8 and 10.4 and 132 mph to 135 mph traps "similar"

How about now? Do you consider them similar?

similarˈsɪmɪlə/adjective

1.having a resemblance in appearance, character, or quantity, without being identical.

For further info:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/similar

Let's not beat around the bush. Huracan beats the sh!t out of his bigger brother. And other brands too.

Awesome!

How about now? Do you consider them similar?

similarˈsɪmɪlə/adjective

1.having a resemblance in appearance, character, or quantity, without being identical.

For further info:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/similar

I don't need a lecture on English vocabulary.

What is similar to you and I must be totally different, because I don't think you know how much power difference or mods is required between 10.8 and 10.4 second quarter miles or 135 mph trap vs 132.

Let's put it this way. 10.4 and 10.6 with the same or 1 mph different trap speed is "similar."

I'm guessing the runs had different tires. That's the only explanation I can think of, but C/D said they were on Pirelli P Zeros. So that doesn't make any sense

Why don't you ask Fiske what it takes to shave off 0.4 seconds on a 10 second car.

What is similar to you and I must be totally different, because I don't think you know how much power difference or mods is required between 10.8 and 10.4 second quarter miles or 135 mph trap vs 132.

Let's put it this way. 10.4 and 10.6 with the same or 1 mph different trap speed is "similar."

I'm guessing the runs had different tires. That's the only explanation I can think of, but C/D said they were on Pirelli P Zeros. So that doesn't make any sense

Why don't you ask Fiske what it takes to shave off 0.4 seconds on a 10 second car.

sorry i also think quoting the dictionary was a pretty arrogant and blunt move here...

was that necessary ?

let's all agree the huracan is a great and fast car and the competition is worried. GOOD !

It was just to show you that I used the word similar for its intended purpose, in order to explain exactly what I meant, which was the fact that various magazines got results which are fairly close, similar, close but not identical, you start contradicting the meaning of the word, which by the way isn't really up for debate it is what it is, by saying that 10.4 isn't similar with 10.8 which by definition is close but not identical therefore SIMILAR, anyway after reading your reply I see my effort was futile.

I have zero interest in drag racing, no need to waste energy educating myself in something I have no use for, BTW nowhere in my posts do I single out the quarter mile numbers, not sure why you brought them into the discussion.

Don't get to hung up on numbers go test drive the cars you like buy and enjoy the one or ones which give you the most satisfaction.

10.8 and 10.4 are not close. In terms of actual percent difference, sure, it's under 5%. But in actual performance terms that's a big difference. And it gets harder to cut time the faster these cars get. I agree that the Huracan is plenty fast enough. But in a thread about figures, it's expected to at least be a little critical when info doesn't make much sense.

Seriously, what's with all this focus about the semantics? 0.4 second time difference for a 10 second car is like the difference for two different generations of car. It's "similar" in that they're both 10 second times, much like how a 10.1 and a 10.9 are similar. They're not close.

Does that help?