"Lamborghini Diablo: Born in Italy, Designed in Detroit"

serie1926

Yeah there are videos around with Gandini in his studio talking about the Diablo and he shows drawings that look to me like the very early Diablo prototypes and the Cizeta, quite different to the production Diablo. No doubt without Gandinis help the Chrysler design studio would be lost but still Gandini was happy to have his name where it is.

In any case they nailed it.

The facts are the Diablo was designed by Gandini, the design was smoothed over by Chrysler, Gandini did not get so angry he opened his own car company, rather Zampoli and Moroder used his original design for their own car, and the Diablo was replaced by the Murcielago, not the Gallardo...

As in all media, what the author did was misconstrue a small fact, turn it into something big, and supply additional false information... He should work with Obama..

I've always wondered exactly how it all played out with Gandini and what his feelings were because I've never read anything that I felt could be trusted. If anyone has anything, feel free to step forward.

The facts are the Diablo was designed by Gandini, the design was smoothed over by Chrysler, Gandini did not get so angry he opened his own car company, rather Zampoli and Moroder used his original design for their own car, and the Diablo was replaced by the Murcielago, not the Gallardo...

As in all media, what the author did was misconstrue a small fact, turn it into something big, and supply additional false information... He should work with Obama..

im starting to like this Allen guy

:iamwithstupid: I still think the Diablo (particularly the SV) is the sexiest car design to date. Even in the modern era, it has PRESENCE.

• 2 weeks later...

Gandini designed it, Chrysler did not like it... and assigned one of their designers to make changes. (this designer lives by me)

A very special photo for you guys...

original_diablo_design.jpg

Gandini designed it, Chrysler did not like it... and assigned one of their designers to make changes. (this designer lives by me)

Inmo, its a good thing the Chrysler guy smoother it over, cause it was fcuking ugly!

Can this guy be credited or is there a reason he's below the radar?

Nice pic. The Cizeta looks a lot better than that prototype but still no cigar compared to the Diablo.

Can this guy be credited or is there a reason he's below the radar?

Yeah who is this guy? He nailed it.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice pic. The Cizeta looks a lot better than that prototype but still no cigar compared to the Diablo.

Yeah I thought the cizeta was just an odd looking diablo at first glance.