New Toy

Chipster

Got everything replaced last night and this morning. Once I saw what the special tool was for the swingarm, everything made more sense. One difference though is that I had a 17 tooth sprocket going to a 15 tooth sprocket on the intermediate jackshaft and then the second chain on the jackshaft running from an 18 tooth to a 45 tooth rear sprocket (I may have the 15 and 18 confused...). Well when I ordered the jackshaft from the swingarm manufacturer, I asked if all the jackshaft were consistent regarding tooth count configuration and was told yes. Well the new jackshaft shows up with both jackshaft sprockets being 20 tooth. Definitely feels quicker off the line now, lol, which definitely wasn't needed but oh well. I have no idea how fast I'm actually going lol. But if feels much smoother and more crisp with the new parts!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the bike and glad to hear you are staying safe! I would like to take an old Honda CB750 and turn it into a cafe racer like my buddy at work did but I have no intention of getting on the turnpike every day on a bike.

Oh and I have 0 doubt I would kill myself within the first 90 days if I bought a bike. I'll stick with 4 wheels for now. :(

Congrats on the bike and glad to hear you are staying safe! I would like to take an old Honda CB750 and turn it into a cafe racer like my buddy at work did but I have no intention of getting on the turnpike every day on a bike.

Oh and I have 0 doubt I would kill myself within the first 90 days if I bought a bike. I'll stick with 4 wheels for now. :(

That's exactly what I'm doing right now. I have a '78 cb750, should be done with it in 6 months or so.

Stay safe of that bike! Even faster now?!

• 6 months later...

So I've been MIA here the last couple of weeks mainly because I was in SC for a long bachelor party weekend for a friend and then the bike died while out on a ride a slightly caught fire. Had to take all the fairings off. Voltage regulator failed and shorted and the wiring caught fire. Upon closer inspection after removing that, I found the main harness had taken some of the burn. Luckily not into the wiring but just the wrapping. Toasted the main fuse. So while it was apart, I decided to paint the fairings. Going with a metallic black pearl...kind of a satin/matte. And then I'm doing the wheels and some of the accents like the gas cap in a satin aqua blue color. Hope to have it done in the next two weeks! If all my vehicles had warranties, I have no idea what I would do with all the free time that would provide lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the parts in finally and got it back together. Unfortunately, I didn't test out the rear compartment lock mechanism well and i can't get the hump back off now lol. Reached up in there and still can't separate it. I'll figure something out eventually. Kind of flat/matte metallic black pearl and a satin blue on the wheels.

post-3902-1430743281_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1430743268_thumb.jpg

Coming from a major bike lover, congrats to you! Love it! Had a Hayabusa as well, years ago.

@sonnythebull - you're crazy! Haha I love it though! Great photo.

Racing on a track, cornering like that, and leaning so far over takes major skill - I've rode for years but it's still not something I'm comfortable trying. I do twistys a little, but nothing like that. Mostly just like riding on gorgeous days, feeling the breeze, being out in the open, etc. But again, congrats to you!! :)

P.S. I agree a wide tire Hayabusa will NOT be the best at cornering!

600's are great for track bikes! Very nimble.

even then animals have a strange affinity for death by motorcycle.

stay safe and enjoy.

Tell me about it, in a lake house neighborhood (semi-secluded away from town a bit) years ago - I hit a deer on my Hayabusa!

The girl I happened to be riding with broke her collarbone!! Prob 25 maybe 30 mph. I was fine for the most part (that time at least!)

Choppers are horribly uncomfortable you made the right choice. Congrats!

No kidding. Having your arms fully outstretched & hands ABOVE your head - no thanks!

Couldn't pay me to ride a chopper, or give me one for that matter...

No kidding. Having your arms fully outstretched & hands ABOVE your head - no thanks!

Couldn't pay me to ride a chopper, or give me one for that matter...

I have no idea how people ride ape bars. I could do a chopper but not apes. I'm a fan of drags bars but I'm sure that hunched over feeling would get old. At some point, I plan to do a bagger build.

At some point, I plan to do a bagger build.

I would love to have a Harley Street Glide. Ive ridden a few different ones, they are fun. If I were able to sell my current bike thats probably what I would buy.

I really dig the matte black, but aren't those rims going to be a bitch to keep clean?

I would love to have a Harley Street Glide. Ive ridden a few different ones, they are fun. If I were able to sell my current bike thats probably what I would buy.

Yeah, I think look awesome!

I really dig the matte black, but aren't those rims going to be a bitch to keep clean?

Haha surprisingly, they seem to wipe off fairly well but yeah, I'm sure they will be tougher. The wheels had black lips before.

• 1 year later...

Sold the Hayabusa. Too uncomfortable for my knees on longer rides.

Picked up a 13 Road Glide Custom. 30" front. Stretched bags. Only 1600 miles. Haven't ridden it yet really but feels much bigger.

post-3902-1492476681_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1492476692_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1492476708_thumb.jpg

I do t know much about bikes. What's going on with the rear wheel?

It's there lol. Hidden by the fender and bags. It's lowered while parked but I'd have to raise the rear air ride to ride.

Damn thats a big bike! Congrats! If you're ever in Dallas hit me up and Ill loan you a bike we can ride. That offer goes to anyone on here that knows how to ride!

Congrats!! Enjoy for many miles in the best of health!

Does it fit in the garage?

Thanks Carol. It does....but not with the Jag and G also. So I'm going to have to figure something else out. A UGR G owner up here has offered a space to keep the G so I might do that at least temporarily. It was doable to get my sport bike sideways on the end of the garage but no way in hell with this thing.

Damn thats a big bike! Congrats! If you're ever in Dallas hit me up and Ill loan you a bike we can ride. That offer goes to anyone on here that knows how to ride!

Thanks man. Very kind of you and thanks for keep an eye out on possible bikes for sale.

I suspect the longer larger bags are to carry your testicles because you know they will dramatically increase in size from being on such a killer bike!

Congrats!

Thanks guys. I was able to fit everything in the garage, somehow! I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy some lower handlebars. The ones pictured are 14" high. I want like 5"