Rosso Andromeda versus Rosso Mars

ghost

Can anybody help me understand the differences between the two shades. Or put two Aventadors side-by-side, showing the difference in pantone.

I am debating between the two but have not been provided a great explanation on the shade differences and so am hard-pressed to differentiate.

Thanks in advance.

Best.

They are VERY similar, obviously. Rosso mars is more red (like trademark Louboutin red). Rosso Andromeda appears to have a small hint of orange or pink, depending on the light. I prefer Rosso Mars.

Andromeda is a pearl, Mars is metallic.

Clear as mud! ;)

Don't both Pearl and Metallic shine?

They are VERY similar, obviously. Rosso mars is more red (like trademark Louboutin red). Rosso Andromeda appears to have a small hint of orange or pink, depending on the light. I prefer Rosso Mars.

I thought Rosso Andromeda was just a straight red. Rosso Vik, which is now Efesto, is a metallic. Andromeda is just like Rosso Corso on a Ferrari.

Clear as mud! ;)

Don't both Pearl and Metallic shine?

The shade is probably the same, or indistinguishably close. The finish is different so they "shine" differently.

Andromeda, being a pearl effect finish is solid in color. As in, there's nothing to differentiate its shine apart from the way the clear coat interacts with the sun.

Mars has tiny aluminum flakes which make it shine brighter and reflect the suns rays in different directions so as to create a multitude of shades depending on the light level and intensity.

I couldn't find an closeup pic of Mars, but this is Andromeda, notice the absence of aluminum flakes! It's just the solid red paint and clear coat.

post-19592-1406672859_thumb.jpg

This is a metallic black, notice the vibrancy of the color because of all the shit inside it. All of those aluminum flakes and spots make it pop more in sunlight.

post-19592-1406672927.jpg

I hope that helps.

Both colors look very similar but Rosso Mars red is brighter compared to the other one. Andromeda red is slightly darker. This is my opinion when both of them parked side by side at the service center.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks King-640 for that clarification. It was helpful.

Best.

The shade is probably the same, or indistinguishably close. The finish is different so they "shine" differently.

Andromeda, being a pearl effect finish is solid in color. As in, there's nothing to differentiate its shine apart from the way the clear coat interacts with the sun.

Mars has tiny aluminum flakes which make it shine brighter and reflect the suns rays in different directions so as to create a multitude of shades depending on the light level and intensity.

I couldn't find an closeup pic of Mars, but this is Andromeda, notice the absence of aluminum flakes! It's just the solid red paint and clear coat.

post-19592-1406672859_thumb.jpg

This is a metallic black, notice the vibrancy of the color because of all the shit inside it. All of those aluminum flakes and spots make it pop more in sunlight.

post-19592-1406672927.jpg

I hope that helps.

Is that metallic black BMW Carbon Black? Thats what my M3 was and it was more of a REALLY dark blue.

Rosso Mars

lambo%20rosso%20mars.jpg

Rosso Andromeda

554512_17827514_2013_Lamborghini_Aventador.jpg

Rosso Effesto

tumblr_ml5rs2553Y1rg8niio1_1280.jpg

Mars is a slightly more vibrant red and is a little brighter. Andromeda has some pinkish hues in the red under light. Rosso Effesto (formerly Rosso Vik) is metallic.

• 3 weeks later...
Rosso Mars

lambo%20rosso%20mars.jpg

Rosso Andromeda

554512_17827514_2013_Lamborghini_Aventad

Rosso Effesto

tumblr_ml5rs2553Y1rg8niio1_1280.jpg

Mars is a slightly more vibrant red and is a little brighter. Andromeda has some pinkish hues in the red under light. Rosso Effesto (formerly Rosso Vik) is metallic.

Love that Roadster!! :eusa_dance: