Underground Racing Stage 1, A Review !!

svoshop

First off, thanks to all on the forum who pointed me in the direction of UGR. Without going into too much detail, I called and spoke to the "Big Three" shops when I was thinking about this upgrade. I was most impressed with how Kevin answered my questions. I knew this was not a huge upgrade for any of the shops, but Kevin treated me as if I was spending 10X more than I did. That being said, within two weeks of talking to UGR. I found myself taking my car to their shop.

What I really want to explain to others that are on the fence. Is the detail that goes into this. I am a technician by trade, and own a specialty shop in Cincinnati. I am no stranger to cars, or how they are put together. What I got back from UGR blew me away. From the small details, like every wire tie was exactly the same space apart for the other, to the fact that each and every clamp was pointed in the same direction at the exact same angle. There was a paint mark on every bolt that they had touched, making me know it was double if not triple checked... I take a lot of extra steps at my shop, and go the extra mile every day. However, I did not expect to see things like this, I was simply blown away.

Upon pick up of the car... Did I mention this only took 5 weeks!! I took a ride with KC. We went over the operation of the systems, I got to ask some tech questions, and best of all. I got to feel my new boost for the first time.

I have now had the car at home for three weeks. Of which I have had the opportunity to get some seat time. I have taken the skid plates all down, and looked at everything that was installed on the car. I am still amazed at every step of the process. I keep finding new things that were done to the highest standards.

I am amazed with how this car runs. How this car drives. How it idles. How it sounds! Sweet Baby Jesus, this thing sounds amazing. Pulls like a freight train. It is by far, one of the best experiences I have ever had with any company. Hands Down! Kevin, has the best email and text skills I have ever seen too! I really learned a lot and enjoyed the process.

Kevin, KC, Crew. Thanks. You guys did a tremendous job. My only complaint is that now, I want to send it back and go bigger. LOL.

A few pictures from the process.

Leaving the house

TruckTrailer_zps6b38c20d.jpg

Outside, about to be pulled in and changed forever

atunderground_zps3e433297.jpg

gallardoapart1_zps8f49a0a9.jpg

gallardoapart_zps254cb79e.jpg

Gallardoapart2_zpsc0ac1a68.jpg

GallardoTTbuild1_zpse265a097.jpg

GallardoTtbuild4_zps6d1da859.jpg

GallardoTTpickup2_zpsba036f8e.jpg

GallardoTTpickup2_zpsba036f8e.jpg

What I got to see as I walked into the shop after 5 weeks. It was amazing.

GallardoTTPickup_zps1136f1b3.jpg

I will gladly answer any questions, and would stand up for UGR any day.

Thanks

Mike

Again, big props to UR. Another satisfied client - enjoy it man!

How is traction with the 2wd? Do the electronics cut in frequently?

Probably runs it with no traction control. Not too sure though. I know all the other AWD cars have 0 traction control. It is great because you don't have to worry about the computer cutting in and slowing you down.

We have traction control, I just turn it all the way off every time I get in the car.

The above is correct. I run without the traction control.

I am still running the stock Pirelli tires, and have had very little issue. The boost by gear really allows you to get into the car, without a smoke show from the tires.

I also do not want the traction control jumping in as it will pull fuel to slow the car down. In some rare instance, too much pulling of fuel could be a bad thing for the motor. This is just my thoughts, as I am not a built engine. I am sure that once the motor is built, this would not be a worry.

I have put the car through its paces. I have had it over 200 MPH, and no traction concern what so ever. Now granted, I did not roll into a sweeping turn, and mash the go pedal mid process :) ... But I would not have done that stock either.

I can not express how happy I am with this car.

Mike

Awesome Mike !!

Great Review

I feel exactly like you do in all respects every time I get behind the wheel of mine.

Enjoy it!! These cars are amazing!

Well... I ordered a drum of VP109 today.

Time to run down the 93...

Mike

Wooshhh where you at? Give him the play by play on what happens next lol

Wooshhh where you at? Give him the play by play on what happens next lol

You know, it's always a pleasure watching them grow from a bolt-on to a R Version ...

I'm afraid Mike is displaying ALL the classic signs ... He's had the car back from UGR for all of 5 minutes ... And what does he do ...

Orders a drum of VP109 ... I predict, he'll send the car back for the AWD conversion, in less than 30 days ...

You might wanna go ahead and get him a spot in your weekly "Boost Support Group" ...

You know, it's always a pleasure watching them grow from a bolt-on to a R Version ...

I'm afraid Mike is displaying ALL the classic signs ... He's had the car back from UGR for all of 5 minutes ... And what does he do ...

Orders a drum of VP109 ... I predict, he'll send the car back for the AWD conversion, in less than 30 days ...

You might wanna go ahead and get him a spot in your weekly "Boost Support Group" ...

Ok ok .... #1 I am rolling. Lmao

#2 yes, I want to join said group ;) ... And I'm sure once the race gas is in... It will be a half tank and I'll want more!!

I love this forum.

Mike

The paint marked on the studs/nuts did it for me too when I was looking over mine. So much attention to detail.

Well, the race gas went in last night. The happy knob got turned to the right.

I may as well just order more race gas now. As I don't think I am going back to pump anytime soon. Although, I have talked to Kevin about sending it back for some... well... upgrades.... lol

Mike

Well, the race gas went in last night. The happy knob got turned to the right.

I may as well just order more race gas now. As I don't think I am going back to pump anytime soon. Although, I have talked to Kevin about sending it back for some... well... upgrades.... lol

Mike

Mike , whats the car making for power on the good gas ?