Duhawks at the Georgia Half Mile...

TarHeelBlue

Theres no doubt that it has been game over for a long while now. However, there's just one thing they seem to fall back on all the time (drag strip),but if that record is taken away from them, then it will be total and utter devastation/domination.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they will win one soon. Long overdue. They have never won a TI. That is the main event.

Not unless you and your crew take off a year or two lmao.

I just call you up... Hey man..... GTR has 4 million hp and then sure enough a week later you have 6 million hp lmao.

I'm sure they will win one soon. Long overdue. They have never won a TI. That is the main event.

Well you guys keep pushing the envelope… most likely no GTR will match 2300+ . As long as you guys keep pushing , I doubt any 6 cylinder will catch the all might v10. Bigger turbos, less weight and more cylinders = better platform for roll racing.

And if by some miracle a GTR wins .. Kevin will have his weak excuses. Its a shop car , race car , not owner driven, trailered, cement in block, slicks, stripped down, gutted and so on. :icon_mrgreen:

Well you guys keep pushing the envelope… most likely no GTR will match 2300+ . As long as you guys keep pushing , I doubt any 6 cylinder will catch the all might v10. Bigger turbos, less weight and more cylinders = better platform for roll racing.

And if by some miracle a GTR wins .. Kevin will have his weak excuses. Its a shop car , race car , not owner driven, trailered, cement in block, slicks, stripped down, gutted and so on. :icon_mrgreen:

Should be some really good racing. Looks like 7-10 99 and alpha 20 cars will be there. Should be a ton of fun!

That's what my customers race against, shop race cars with slicks, lmao. Maybe its time for shop cars vs UGR shop car? Stay tuned, nut kick coming right up.;)

That's what my customers race against, shop race cars with slicks, lmao. Maybe its time for shop cars vs UGR shop car? Stay tuned, nut kick coming right up.;)

Considering the amount of shop GTRs attending (ASS/T1/ETS/BL/swiss cheese etc.) I would say that bringing out a shop car on your own would be appropriate at this point LMAO.

I'm just gonna stay in my car at all times with my helmet on at TI.

How is the headroom with that helmet on? you said you were pretty tall. I never really thought about that problem, but im 6 5 myself and know that problem

How is the headroom with that helmet on? you said you were pretty tall. I never really thought about that problem, but im 6 5 myself and know that problem

Lol my head is on the ceiling. Feels weird when your head is pinned to the ceiling and that boost hits lol

Lol my head is on the ceiling. Feels weird when your head is pinned to the ceiling and that boost hits lol

Good thing that you´re on a smooth runway or else you would remember every pothole for days lol. Well have fun out there and smoke some GTRs ;)

I think you should bring the shop car. At the end of the day we all want to see the baddest car on the planet. Shop or Owner means nothing to me. IF it falls under the Ti rules, then why not…

Bring the beast Kevin.

300, your perception is WAY off base.

Dustin's car has never broke anything since it has been together and it has had a lot of racing time as well as a ton of beatings on the street at HIGH BOOST. He could have left any of the events and drove the car to California and back. Dustin's car is 100% a street car that is odb2 compliant.

Cody's car that went 225 at the Houston 1/2 mile, same thing, never any tranny issues and has had the same engine in there for the last 3 year and never removed. Cody's car is odb2 compliant. The list of cars goes on and on that do the same.

Only thing we had to do to those cars Cody's and Dustin's is refresh clutches, once each. There is NO Underground Racing labor charge that comes with the 2R's. Only parts cost if they ever need anything. There is also NO charge to our customers at the major race events we attend.

Have some of these cars had issues racing at a high level? Sure. Stock cars have Egear issues as well and other issues, that's why there is warranty and services centers.

I make sure that all my customers knows the risks of racing at a high level. Most the time if there is a failure its driver error, like me shifting 1-2 and back into 1st. I could take a stock car and hurt it by doing the same thing.

Another thing, the cars don't need ICE to run on the street or race. They have heat exchangers to cool the water. In the Gallardos on the dyno we see about a 5% max increase of power. So putting ice in a cooler makes them race cars? Come on man, get real.

I haven't changed the water in my intercooler in at least 1.5yrs since it was at UGR getting a clutch, lol. Not even sure if UGR changed it before then to be honest.

My clutch is at its limit now and holds on regular gas but nothing above that. I'd wage I drive my car more then 90% of UGR customers and race all kinds of cars. Haven't required much except plugs, oil, wax, etc..needs a stronger clutch that wasn't out back then.

Oh ya, I launched the car twice ever on unleaded gas (even without telling UGR), never even lowered tire pressure. I'd say it was a street car for sure as I don't have a trailer either.

Watch the 9.6 run around 1000-1250hp depending on which gear you count.

@Underground Racing, man the two words that you just used UGR 'shop car' have sent shockwaves around the world. Cannot freaking wait to see what you guys have in store for everybody. Its awesome how you stay quiet and then drop a bombshell like that. Cant.freaking. Wait.

I think you should bring the shop car. At the end of the day we all want to see the baddest car on the planet. Shop or Owner means nothing to me. IF it falls under the Ti rules, then why not…

Bring the beast Kevin.

As an impartial 3rd party non-gallardo owner that just sits back and reads a lot of these threads, I cannot believe the comments that you make. If UGR brings out their shop car and goes a high 23x or a 240 or anything extremely fast, you'll just call BS on the times like you did last time. So don't nag them on to bring out a car that probably will run something you won't believe anyway.

New UR theme song for all the naysayers ....

You guys got Jerry ANGRY up in here!

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how much your car makes, what stage it is, what adjustments are made, who is driving, what car it is, what the weather conditions were, were the records broken, who said what, who did what.....

All that matters is these little guys...

ti_trophys.JPG

trophys_hm_2.JPG

tx2k_trophy.JPG

hm1.JPG

Guest 300MPH
Which is it?

Is this Red?

If the car cannot be driven to the event, run by the owner without a crew where he is just dumping the hot IC water and adding new ice water for the next run, it is a race car period.

This is what I posted.

You chose to just quote this part: "dumping the hot IC water and adding new ice water for the next run, it is a race car period."

Maybe if you re-read my post, you would see my point was that the customer should be able to show up by himself, run the car himself, swap out the ice water if applicable and run the number.

Needing an entire crew with you driving to get the car to run the number and all the drive line fragility with broken parts and the touchiness of the start off with the clutch and what breaks at the 220+ MPH in the 1/2 mile power levels to me is more race car territory.

Carry on.