Coming Soon: Oakley Huracan

beddu

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Some of the individual elements are nice but overall I am not feeling it, the rear wing is just terrible.

I am very curious to hear what they've done to increase the power by that much, it's a bit hard to believe.

Agree with Fortis, I would chose few cf surfaces only (if any).

I'd compare it to chocolate consumption, eat one piece and you love the taste. Eat the whole bar, and you are ready to puke.

Btw, the wing is hideous.

Edit:

I love the barn though.

I like the front bumper, the side scoops and the engine cover. I would do the entire mirror in CF not just half. The wing is not right and the rear bumper looks off. I would have done the engine brace in CF or left it black...Verde just isn't right.

Rear bumper/diffuser is the worst part of the car. Why would one copy it and not improve it. However, somehow the wing is far worse. Why the hell would you stick a pep boys wing on it - unless for pure racing. It should have some contours to match the car. Epic POS fail on that part.

Agree with everyone's comments thus far.

Kudos to the carbon fibre works --- weave looks straight, parallel and uniform. But it and the green "accents" are overly done. The rear bumper masks instead of augments the car's styling; the wing simply destroys the profile and the overall float lines of the car.

Maybe I'm the strange bird in here but I have 2 sides to it...

1-I love it.

2-what does it actually weigh now?

You could wrap yourself in carbon fiber and look cool but if it's isn't under 3400-3500lbs full of fluids then I think they wasted their time and money.

Maybe I'm the strange bird in here but I have 2 sides to it...

1-I love it.

2-what does it actually weigh now?

You could wrap yourself in carbon fiber and look cool but if it's isn't under 3400-3500lbs full of fluids then I think they wasted their time and money.

What difference does it make (no, I'm not Hillary :) ). If you are worrying about the weight that much, pee, poop, being bald and being naked before entering the car generally helps with weight reduction :)

So they replaced the engine cover with a clear carbon fiber unit ... but where is the glass section?

Have to admit the rear wing looks out of place and that entire rear bumper/diffuser in clear carbon fiber doesn't look right either ... I'm a big fan of clear carbon fiber, I actually prefer it over Forged Composite ... but somehow this doesn't look good.

I figured it out! It's like Need for Speed threw up a teenage boys wet dream.

But in all honesty, that barn is hot though. More shots of the barn if you can get them!

the car looks decent to say the least. the wing needs to go. the CF pieces on the rocker panel vents need to go (looks horrible the way the ends cut off).

Im not sure about the roof. the way it cuts off at the rear makes the car look like it should be an aventador roadster...but its not

Damn, rough crowd.. Oakley is in to track/racing so I'm sure that is what the car is built for.

I like the roof, it would look awesome on a black car. It is a bit much but it gets notcied and that's good in this business.

Thanks for updating the thread and contributing :icon_thumleft:

Pardon the lack of updates guys, I've had issues uploading pictures - this car is officially being unveiled at the Autosport Show at the Birmingham NEC today. To answer your questions:

- Fortis: power increase comes as a result of freer flowing exhaust muffler, reprogramming, enlarged air intakes, straightened airbox piping and ported throttlebodies

- Most people: The wing is...yes. The customer doesn't like it either, but Oakley stands by its effectiveness, wind tunnel testing will follow shortly. I may have a new design made up

- VCR/Lambofan35 for the rear bumper/weight reduction: It's a matter of taste, but the bumper alone shaved 10kg or so, the diffuser even more, obviously these items can be painted. Total weight reduction INCLUDING the added parts like the roof and mirror caps, is 107kg (236lb), so the car should have a wet weight with quarter tank of petrol of around 1494kg (3294lb)

- RM-S8: if you can lose that much weight by pooping, then all the better for you. And have it checked out :lol:

In the end Oakley set out with their vision, remember, anything can be painted or amended to your taste. I for one, hate the wing, and he went against the customer's request. But as he makes the items its easy to amend

Got plenty more pictures, and if anyone needs clarification for anything I'm happy to help.

He'll be doing a RWD conversion soon enough as well, and much more after..

If I get an Aventador ever that bish is going to have a Manual gearbox, hate me :lol:

My pleasure - hopefully by day's end I'll have better pictures, including of the interior carbon trim, and a magazine photoshoot, dyno/wind-tunnel/track shakedown are due in around a week.

This actual car may yet have many more modifications, the customer drastically wants to cut weight despite some exclusive modifications for his car like an aluminium front crash bar, lithium ion battery and so on. For the spoiler, I originally suggested to Jon to do something like your profile picture with the STS, or swan-neck like the Trofeo, but he had his own ideas. Regarding the x-brace though, he's shortly to release one for the Aventador made of actual carbon tube, and it wouldn't stretch the imagination too much to develop one for the Huracan.

For those complaining of the look of the carbon roof, well, I'll just leave these here..

DSC_0485.JPG

DSC_0487.JPG

DSC_0490.JPG

Ok, I guess it doesn't quite count as this is an actual factory option and it's the actual roof in it's bare carbon finish, rather than a skin. So yeah, even factory does it :lol:

I didn't know that was an option, very cool!

It's an "Off-menu" option if you could call it that! Only 5 cars a year will have the option

Mind you, for the Huracan bumper, we had discussed a more aggressive variant, a "Clubsport" as some customers wanted to emulate the Trofeo cars' central exhaust..