TI (Texas Invitational, Oct 3rd-5th) 2014.

avengerr

Video is up! Congrats to ASS! That was some good competition! So (ASS GTR) displacement came down from 4.0 to 3.8L. That explains why that motor seems like it's screaming the hell out! Must be hitting 10K rpm. You gotta have rpms on these kinds of races, GTR or not. Now, the Aventador is an over-square engine ~hint-hint~ :)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go on……. :)

pics!

Buicks, Vipers, Supras, anything with big turbos and big boost is alright in my book.

Hell dodge made a big displacement 4 Cylinder that used a head from their R5 nascar small block V8. That thing with a turbo is bat shit crazy.

It might be actually. I would have to ask UGR to be honest. E gear doesn't shift the fastest, there is just so much drag on the car when you shift 5-6 at those speeds.

You can really see the speed difference in the shifts in the video. It looks like after the hit where you jump out, he catches up 1/2-3/4 car length on each shift.

Makes me also think about the gearing setups you guys run and which is the best for TI, TX2K, 1/2-mile, etc. Or how do you decide on the ideal setup that favors one event over another..

Any chance you can convert to the new 7-speed LDF that comes in the Huracan?

My take from what went down in TI is, even though ASS did very well, the Ommmega is barely faster than a 2R. With an additional 500 whp, i reckon the X version will definitely be faster than Ommeega. The reported numbers for X back this too:

X 100-150: below 2 secs (1.9)

Ommega 100-150: 2.15 secs.

No 100-200 numbers for X, but i believe that it will be quicker over here too.

Having said that, it would be nice if UR could make a few passes on the drag strip, and remind everybody that the Lambo platform is still the king.

Guest 300MPH
My take from what went down in TI is, even though ASS did very well, the Ommmega is barely faster than a 2R. With an additional 500 whp, i reckon the X version will definitely be faster than Ommeega. The reported numbers for X back this too:

X 100-150: below 2 secs (1.9)

Ommega 100-150: 2.15 secs.

No 100-200 numbers for X, but i believe that it will be quicker over here too.

Having said that, it would be nice if UR could make a few passes on the drag strip, and remind everybody that the Lambo platform is still the king.

Barely faster?

You must me joking.

About 5.5 cars faster at the TI.

The Lambo platform at the moment is limited by it's driveline.

The GTR's driveline is more robust because they can run stickier tires and that trans shifts much faster. The A* M *S car can put down more power sooner with the stickier tires and shift faster.

If the Lambo had the same tires and a trans that could shift that fast, the race would definitely have been closer. With the jump Dustin got, he would have won for sure with that 4 car jump he had at the hit.

What is the deal with this forum changing when somebody writse A*M*S to ASS? Kind of juvenile, don't you think?

Barely faster?

You must me joking.

The GTR's driveline is more robust because they can run stickier tires and that trans shifts much faster. The A* M *S car can put down more power sooner with the stickier tires and shift faster.

If the Lambo had the same tires and a trans that could shift that fast, the race would definitely have been closer. With the jump Dustin got, he would have won for sure with that 4 car jump he had at the hit.

What is the deal with this forum changing when somebody writse A*M*S to ASS? Kind of juvenile, don't you think?

I agree with most of that. But I think the lambos can hook more power on the hit than the GTRs currently. I got the hit on everyone, it wasn't close all day. I just left when the light was green every time. I would shoot out of the hole like a cannon and then my slow shifts would take over. There were some races where I got an even hit and I still pull away hard.

At the end of the day I do not care about my shifts, the data, the power, or any of that. I took my car to an event and ran the same setting I run every where else, nothing special, not cranked up to the danger zone or any of that. I had a blast just seeing where my car stood compared to everyone else. I was very proud of my car. It performed awesome. Hell of a job considering I run factory aero, factory E Gear, street tires, and no weight removal. How many cars that went 185+ at TI can say that? I had the 2nd fastest pass during the racing and went 190+ each race.

I don't care who you are, you got to admit that is impressive.

I could taste and feel the light turning green.... I drank like 6 energy drinks lol

I heard you were the light whisperer… :icon_mrgreen:

Barely faster?

You must me joking.

dustin did not get a 4 car length advantage at the hit nor was it 5.5 cars at the finish. I HATE when people aren't factual.

Were you there?

Barely faster?

You must me joking.

Maybe I'm missing something, but starting at 5:25, you can see two angles :

1. Angle one showing the TT LP570TT being first to the HIT (did not jump) and being ahead about 1 to 1 1/4 length of a car

2. Angle two from inside ASS car showing the LP 570TT being about 1 car length ahead

I know Go Pro wide lens/angles are skewed, but I can't grasp all this talk about "jumping" and "3 , 4, or 5" cars ahead. The video shows clear as day the BEST he was ahead was 1.5. No skin in the game as I love both cars,... congrats to both!

Maybe I'm missing something, but starting at 5:25, you can see two angles :

1. Angle one showing the TT LP570TT being first to the HIT (did not jump) and being ahead about 1 to 1 1/4 length of a car

2. Angle two from inside ASS car showing the LP 570TT being about 1 car length ahead

I know Go Pro wide lens/angles are skewed, but I can't grasp all this talk about "jumping" and "3 , 4, or 5" cars ahead. The video shows clear as day the BEST he was ahead was 1.5. No skin in the game as I love both cars,... congrats to both!

You have to factor in the UGR hate exaggeration factor.

I heard all sorts of good stuff.... I heard from someone that owns a shop that I hit lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu 4 car lengths and it ended up beating me by 5 cars lmao.... All that in 1500 ft LMAO. Some people are just morons.

THIS and the AE factor.. funny how screen names you never see in any of these threads in the past pop up outtta nowhere..

So strange .... :eusa_think:

THIS and the AE factor.. funny how screen names you never see in any of these threads in the past pop up outtta nowhere..

So strange .... :eusa_think:

internet-troll1.jpg

ASS on GTR Life:

Dustin and Mike both told me they had x packages. Dustin at the bar said "I have an x but Kevin said when asked tell them I have a stage 3" Mike told me at the runway on Friday while waiting for his car it was an x. Stacey's green car was the x from last TI. Are they implying it got downgraded?

ASS on GTR Life:

Dustin and Mike both told me they had x packages. Dustin at the bar said "I have an x but Kevin said when asked tell them I have a stage 3" Mike told me at the runway on Friday while waiting for his car it was an x. Stacey's green car was the x from last TI. Are they implying it got downgraded?

And my response:

Eric you were drunk!!!!! LMAO. And yes for the record I do have a LP1200 sticker on the side of my car, lol.

The good news is now Eric after winning TI you guys can bring someone else to clean the cars lol.

I don't think I have ever told anyone I have an X package because the honest to god truth is I do not. I don't even know an X package is. I don't know if there is a difference between 3R or X? I am honestly trying to figure that out. I think UGR is still trying to figure out what an X is or 3R. They do have a lot of new things they are testing out, that is for sure. The future looks very bright.

I am a 2R with a few extra tricks (3R/X parts) is all I can tell you. I don't have a lot of tricks UGR has that they do offer. That is all I can really say to be honest. My close friends know the truth, and can vouch for that.

I was making close to or right at 2,000 rear wheel hp (on a dyno jet) out there. I did not up the boost at all from my first pass to my last pass. That is what I can tell you. That is the honest to god truth. As far as what stage I have I do not know. You guys be the judge and call it what you want.

I just know what I do in the half mile, what I trap at TI and know that no customer GTR can beat me just yet :swordfight:

Nobody except the X owners know. But actually I´m more excited about what UGR has in store for the new Huracan. I mean lets face it: The Gallardo platform is more than 10 years old by now! The LP cars are not much of an advancement transmission/suspension/chassy/aero/electronics etc. wise either

In the end GTR or Lambo it's a matter of preference. Drive what ya like. Neither side denies the other is badass. TI kots has been won by an AWD car all but once. And that car never returned to defend the crown. Much respect to both sides because they are the kings of the highway with the big edge ti the lambos.

What is all this JUMP talk? LOL. How about better reaction time? Might be better wording?

+1