Spent the weekend with Lamborghini Beverley Hills at Thermal

Allan-Herbie

First night we met up for a party at a Hollywood Hill Estate thats up for sale for only $30 Mill. Had a great night, and the Patron Platinum was flowing freely. The highlight for me was the red 88 1/2 Countach in the garage. They also had a couple of Huracans, Aventadors and Super Trofeo's Was a great to start to what would be a great weekend.

20141016_193821.jpg

20141016_194355.jpg

20141016_194405.jpg

20141016_194425.jpg

20141016_204018.jpg

The next day we packed up, and headed off to Palm Springs. We ended up at the La Quinta Resort and Spa for a little bit of relaxation before going off to the next party at Thermal. After ALOT of Patron and great food we headed back to the hotel for some late night hotel terrorizing. I dont know how we did it, but the next day we got to the track at 8:30 am.. Another amzing breakfast and off we went. We were in the Gold group ( me, Deuce, Ajglobal) because we are considered race car drivers. :icon_mrgreen: So we basically had the whole track to ourselves to drive our own cars. Off we went and had a blast. My Murcielago was running good, but the brakes on the Murcielago aren't sufficient to consistently haul the car down from 130mph+ speeds. Ajglobal had the same issues with his GTT.

After some fun with our cars we headed off to the Autocross track where we got to do timed laps in a track prepped Porsche Cayman. The track was setup really well and allowed for some pretty good speeds. This quickly changed our target from best lap time, to best drifting skills and we had a blast...

After that we decided to go gocarting.. After putting on our race suits, and taking 20 minutes to get my fat ass in the cart we were off.. These carts are crazy. 20 Minutes in these things and you are in total agony, sweating head to toe, cant breath and muscles aching. I think I broke my wrist, but it was amazing. Soo much fun.

By then with the 100 degree heat it was time to cool off with another great lunch and get ready for the afternoon. The rest of the day consisted of running the Aventador, Huracan, numerous new BMW's and .... runs in the 3 Super Trofeo cars... We also got to take our cars out as much as we wanted . By the end of the day we were exhausted and prepared for our trip home.

The Huracan was a blast. It makes the Aventador seem old. The exhaust crackling, instant shifts are amazing. On the back straight I hit 139mph in the Aventador, and I hit 143 in the Huracan. The difference may not be that the Huracan is faster, but that it has quicker entry and exit speeds from the last turn. The Aventador feels very heavy and floaty just like my Murci, while the Huracan feels much lighter, more secure and more planted. In terms of speed, at triple digit speeds the running the Aventador against a Huracan it seemed both were very evenly matched.

Turned out to be one of the best weekends we have had in a long time..

20141017_134037.jpg

20141017_145545.jpg

IMG_20141017_191310.jpg

20141017_192434.jpg

IMG_20141017_202124.jpg

20141017_202309.jpg

20141017_202523.jpg

InstaSize.png

20141018_090427.jpg

20141018_095043.jpg

20141018_095120.jpg

IMG_20141018_115257.jpg

20141018_155336.jpg

20141018_132958.jpg

IMG_20141018_124841.jpg

IMG_20141018_204157.jpg

Fun times at the Party on Thursday night! :icon_super: I actually saw you guys on the 101 on Friday as I was making my way up to SB for the Massive Attack concert. Glad the track day was fun :icon_thumleft:

Nice! The events they put on are on the top of my fun list as well but how was Allen able to sit in the karts?

I did it! All by myself, In and Out!!!

Fun indeed! Can vouch that their autocross session did turn into a contest for style points rather quickly... Haha.

Glad you guys had a good time. I know I did!

Fun indeed! Can vouch that their autocross session did turn into a contest for style points rather quickly... Haha.

Glad you guys had a good time. I know I did!

Haha yes! Good seeing you!

What are you trying to say?

I guess, that older Porsches with huge wings look noticeably dated compared to the newer models. A Countach on the other hand can still look good standing next to an Aventador.

I guess, that older Porsches with huge wings look noticeably dated compared to the newer models. A Countach on the other hand can still look good standing next to an Aventador.

Haters gunna hate :P

Hot dayum, think I counted four separate turn-ins for one corner :D

Yes, we where looking more to get sideways, than to go fast in the BMWs