Does anyone know where I can find a crashed or fire damaged countach?

IanMan

I suppose a car needs to reach almost single-digit rarity to inspire quality in a replica, and the Countach is far from being a "one of three left in the world" type of car.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you guys but we've seen stupider things happen. A crap replica no way. But a very well built "car", either Countach or Diablo........some out there may fall for this stupidity.

Think about it: a $15k replica that is well built, with quite a bit of OEM parts as a lot of guys do, may start to fetch let's say $25k. I would think some desperate enthusiasts now see a real one is so far out of reach that spending $25k to get some kind of satisfaction of that style car may not be all that bad for their egos.

I don't care if it happens. Doesn't bother me. They have nothing to do with the real thing and, most the time, look nothing like a real one.

Whatever happened to that 89 up in Conn that had an engine fire and sat in the guys yard covered in snow? He could probably get all his money back on that car now if he even still has it.....

Countachqv lives close by. I think he said it's still around, looking like shit. I really don't think the guy will ever sell it. I think when he said to me that he will be buried in it, I think he seriously meant it.

Hello all!

So it's a crazy first post, and I'll probably be laughed at, but I am looking for a crashed or fire damaged Countach, and was curious if anyone could help me out. Any leads or. PM's are appreciated. Even if it's a chassis and body, it's okay. I'm looking for one to restore and make my own. Not interested in long term value. I know it will be difficult, and I'm not trying to find one to part out. Please let me know if you can help. Any input/advice/2 cents are appreciated! Thank you!

Ian

IMO, the best way to start is to start calling every lambo garage/repair shop you can find and speak with the head mechanic. It's all about networking. Even if the mechanic doesn't know of a project countach, at least he'll have your name when and if one ever comes in his shop. Of course there probably will be other names on his list of people to call, so keep calling periodically to stay in the loop. Good luck!

What would be the consensus opinion of a true to the original replica of a vehicle no longer available; especially if it is not presented as an original????

I think that also depends on the base vehicle used. Massive respect for the enthusiast 'sacrificing' a Miura to recreate the Jota. If it was scratch-built, I guess it would feel less real, kind of defeating the purpose of making a replica.

You have to look at the 550 Porsche & Ac Cobra replicas. There is always a rather large selection at C&C and almost no one pays any attention to them. Both of them in their real form are a small fortune, however the kit version still languishes around at 20-35k depending on build etc. I only mentioned it because I really don't think a project car (short of scrap metal) can be bought at this point under 6 figures. A better choice would be a lower priced car like a Jalpa, 3X8, Merak or some other real 80's exotic. Not the same as a Countach, but still collectible with potential upside.

In the last year and a half I have come to LOATHE kits... The assumption most people make, when they see mine, is that Im a major fcuking tool driving a kit car, because, well, seeing the real thing is like seeing Sasquatch fcuking the Loch Ness Monster... But thats not what the OP was asking about...

Here's the best I can give you.... ::SUPPOSEDLY:: The car you are looking for exists... And within twenty miles of me. I don't know any other details... Its a rumor I've heard MORE THAN ONCE from multiple different sources... Supposedly this thing has been sitting in some fucksticks yard on blocks, with weeds growing through it and animals living in said weeds, possibly post fire.

Do the people I have heard this from have any fcuking idea what they're talking about? I have no idea. The basket case car in question might be a kit for all I know.... I more than once thought about going on this snipe hunt, but have never really gotten past the "GIANT WASTE OF MY fcuking TIME" part of the thought process...

Shoot, could kitcar/replica increase in value like the real thing?

not a chance

Fake garbage is never accepted..

Say what you will, I'd take either one of these kit/replica cars in a heart beat. And yes, completed examples of each have appreciated in value.

Obviously these two examples are not the run of the mill kit/replica cars, both represent reasonable facsimiles of cars that are worth well into the seven figure range. Countach replica? No way, unless it was based on maybe a murci drivetrain/suspension. Even then, why waste the time and money when a real one is still available relatively affordably when compared to what a ground up build would cost?

Say what you will, I'd take either one of these kit/replica cars in a heart beat. And yes, completed examples of each have appreciated in value.

Obviously these two examples are not the run of the mill kit/replica cars, both represent reasonable facsimiles of cars that are worth well into the seven figure range. Countach replica? No way, unless it was based on maybe a murci drivetrain/suspension. Even then, why waste the time and money when a real one is still available relatively affordably when compared to what a ground up build would cost?

Those replica examples are slightly different than Countach reproductions..

Sure, but worth discussing based on previous generalizations in this thread. Frankly, before I'd build a replica anything, I'd build something like this.

To answer the OP's question, contact Chad, he had a burned 25th as well as an S1 that was whacked in the front.

QUOTE(abolfaz @ Oct 27 2014, 11:58 PM) post_snapback.gifSay what you will, I'd take either one of these kit/replica cars in a heart beat. And yes, completed examples of each have appreciated in value.

These are the type of replicas I was thinking of.....The 917 is really cool!!!

How about the Anniversary Countach from Wolf of Wall Street?

Maybe it is for sale...

post-9089-1414526765.jpg

IMO, the best way to start is to start calling every lambo garage/repair shop you can find and speak with the head mechanic. It's all about networking. Even if the mechanic doesn't know of a project countach, at least he'll have your name when and if one ever comes in his shop. Of course there probably will be other names on his list of people to call, so keep calling periodically to stay in the loop. Good luck!

Oh yes, call every frigging Lamborghini shop in the country because at $100 an hour, the head mechanic has nothing better to do than field calls from dreamers. :eusa_wall:

That's not called networking, it's called pissing off every Lamborghini service center in the United States.

What ever happened to this one? 1988 Lamborghini Countach Basketcase Project.

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/10/29/fright...etcase-project/

Aw man! I wish I would have known about that car, last year! BEAUTIFUL! My hope is that I can find another like that. I don't even care that it looks like a disaster on the inside. I wouldn't mind taking the time to fix it. I read in the comments section that someone purchased it and already fixed it up. :/ I wish that were't true.

You have to look at the 550 Porsche & Ac Cobra replicas. There is always a rather large selection at C&C and almost no one pays any attention to them. Both of them in their real form are a small fortune, however the kit version still languishes around at 20-35k depending on build etc. I only mentioned it because I really don't think a project car (short of scrap metal) can be bought at this point under 6 figures. A better choice would be a lower priced car like a Jalpa, 3X8, Merak or some other real 80's exotic. Not the same as a Countach, but still collectible with potential upside.

I honestly don't think I could ever settle for a replica. I just see so many of them on the internet, many of which look absolutely horrible, and at the end of the day are a kit car. I'm hoping to find one to fix up, before it get's even more rare. It's always been a dream of mine to own a Countach.

If someone is going to make a replica, they should at least make it look somewhat right, like some of the GT40 replica's out there, but even then, I've yet to see a Countach Replica come close to the quality of any GT40 replica.

Oh yes, call every frigging Lamborghini shop in the country because at $100 an hour, the head mechanic has nothing better to do than field calls from dreamers. :eusa_wall:

That's not called networking, it's called pissing off every Lamborghini service center in the United States.

Hahaha. I wasn't planning on it. Maybe a few phone calls here and there, but I don't want to bother anybody.

• 5 months later...

Here's one! You can find yourself and reach a new level of enlightenment on your upcoming journey to retrieve it. :icon_mrgreen:

In all seriousness I wonder how much of this car is missing and what kind of craziness someone would have to go through to bring it back?

abandoned-lamborghini-countach-india-768x1024.jpg

Here's one! You can find yourself and reach a new level of enlightenment on your upcoming journey to retrieve it. :icon_mrgreen:

In all seriousness I wonder how much of this car is missing and what kind of craziness someone would have to go through to bring it back?

abandoned-lamborghini-countach-india-768

You can't tell thats a kit car?

You can't tell thats a kit car?

Looked completely out of proportion but went with it to see what Doc's response would be as far as tracking down a car in India.

I'm willing to sell a kidney for one! Lol. Thanks for trying, AudiBull! :) :icon_thumleft: I'm still checking the internet every day. Currently my m5 is up for sale and I'm working on a few projects to be able to help me afford one.

Nah, nah, I think it's the dust that's throwing off the body lines.

• 2 weeks later...
What ever happened to this one? 1988 Lamborghini Countach Basketcase Project.

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/10/29/fright...etcase-project/

I remember this one. A friend was trying to buy it at the time. However, it ended up selling and it was Gullwing Motors that bought it. I remember them posting it up on their website with detailed pictures with a marked up price. I think I might have more pictures of it somewhere saved, but I can't seem to find them right now. The interior was completely removed, but it wasn't too bad actually. If you looked closely, all of the wires were intact, with the switches, gauges, lights, etc. all still attached. We were thinking at the time that whoever disassembled this car took really good care not to cut, damage or to lose track of what each wire was for by re-attaching whatever accessory it was that the wire ran. I think the toughest part of that project was to actually find the original interior parts.

I remember it didn't last too long at Gullwing before it sold. I have no idea what actually happened to it or if it got completed. Anybody know the new owner, or where it went, or what the status is today?