Active shooter... VA hospital. Texas

Roman

They also believe that they are going to paradise afterwards.

Maybe... But... This wasn't a suicide attack... They took great pains to make sure they could get away without being unidentified... Stolen car... Masks... Killing cops who tried to prevent their escape.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, a question for the Frenchies... Its been about 25 years since I lived in france... But back then in Paris we would routinely see heavily armed cops with level 3 vests and submachine guns, on the street...Do you still have those dudes? and Do your "normal" cops carry guns?

So, a question for the Frenchies... Its been about 25 years since I lived in france... But back then in Paris we would routinely see heavily armed cops with level 3 vests and submachine guns, on the street...Do you still have those dudes? and Do your "normal" cops carry guns?

I asked the same question earlier about the beat cops. Someone said yes.

yes and yes, although what you are referring as heavely armed cops are actually millitary and will be patroling airport, train stations, metro...

That being said, with the raised alert level, they will now be also patroling the street I believe

yes and yes, although what you are referring as heavely armed cops are actually millitary and will be patroling airport, train stations, metro...

That being said, with the raised alert level, they will now be also patroling the street I believe

I understand the cartoonists were widely known and loved in France, and not some obscure celebrities. Is this true?

Khodorkovski twitter - "If journalists are a dignified group, tomorrows newspaper can not be published without a caricature. Need to prove even risking life, that terror doesn't solve problems. Otherwise we are a herd, not people."

Our normal cops only carry 9mm semi-automatic which would be no match against AK 47. I'm not even sure the cop shot on the street was armed as he was a bicycle patrol cop, and I'm not sure those carry loaded weapons.

We do have kick ass special forces tho like Le Raid and the GIGN and that's what coming to them. I suspect they will end up shot dead by Le Raid in the coming days.

I understand the cartoonists were widely known and loved in France, and not some obscure celebrities. Is this true?

True, I've been reading stuff from Cabu and Wolinski since I was a teenager.

Our normal cops only carry 9mm semi-automatic which would be no match against AK 47.

Thats actually not true, and a common misconception for those who aren't trained with firearms...

A bullet, is a bullet, is a bullet, and since bullets are used on people, and not on the other guys gun, what either of you are shooting with isnt as important as people think. I dont want to get shot by an AK47 or a 9mm... And yes, if I have my choice, Id rather have a rifle in a gunfight... But the first rule of gunfighting is "bring a gun". The second rule of gunfighting is "invite all your friends who have guns." But the third rule of gunfighting is often overlooked but just as important, "shoot the other guy before he shoots you."

U.S. cops are pretty good at rules 1-3... We have a lot of these incidents, but they never end with the bad guy driving away in a Renault...

Those cartoonists had to be pretty ballsy, what with the cartoonist who was beheaded I think it was some years ago over such a cartoon. South Park was going to make fun of Islam but got threatened and backed down as a result.

Thats actually not true, and a common misconception for those who aren't trained with firearms...

A bullet, is a bullet, is a bullet, and since bullets are used on people, and not on the other guys gun, what either of you are shooting with isnt as important as people think. I dont want to get shot by an AK47 or a 9mm... And yes, if I have my choice, Id rather have a rifle in a gunfight... But the first rule of gunfighting is "bring a gun". The second rule of gunfighting is "invite all your friends who have guns." But the third rule of gunfighting is often overlooked but just as important, "shoot the other guy before he shoots you."

U.S. cops are pretty good at rules 1-3... We have a lot of these incidents, but they never end with the bad guy driving away in a Renault...

Would 9mm be effective against the body armor the terrorists appeared to be wearing?

Those cartoonists had to be pretty ballsy, what with the cartoonist who was beheaded I think it was some years ago over such a cartoon. South Park was going to make fun of Islam but got threatened and backed down as a result.

Would 9mm be effective against the body armor the terrorists appeared to be wearing?

They weren't wearing body armor... M it's an Lbv.

Anyways... My French sucks... But I'm pretty sure they've idea two of them...

They weren't wearing body armor... M it's an Lbv.

Anyways... My French sucks... But I'm pretty sure they've id two of them...

French nationals... Possibly Algerian or Syrian... 18 years 32 years and 34 yrs

We have a lot of these incidents, but they never end with the bad guy driving away in a Renault...

In this case it was a Citroen...

They're was two police officers shot dead : One was a bodyguard for one of the cartoonist who was taken by surprise and probably didn't have time to use his weapon.

The second one was a bicycle patrol cop who most likely wasn't even armed.

As far as I know they were gone before the Police arrived on scene and were doing random shooting in the street.

I'd be the first to say that our normal police is shit but as I said they now have Le Raid on their tails and sooner or later it will not end well for them.

French nationals... Possibly Algerian or Syrian... 18 years 32 years and 34 yrs

Two are French. The thirds nationality is unknown. And possibly homeless? (I'm translating and my French is rusty as shit)

where are you getting that? it's running non stop on the TV an no mention of this intel

They don't have my sources...

nevermind, found it:

they are looking for 2 men,

Both French-Algerian

Just came back from Syria

32 and 34 years old

one already arrested in 2008 with ties to Irak

third men they are looking for is supposedly homeless with ties to Irak and Syria...

Damn you even have the names...

so 2 brothers....

Names? I have their passports.

image.jpg