Tara 0.23

87 Countach 0.235

rmtn 0.245

:icon_thumleft:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would this seller/flipper lose 30 grand in this sale instead of restoring the car and selling for a profit. Why take the loss so quickly if he only had it for a few months? I don't get it.

Why would this seller/flipper lose 30 grand in this sale instead of restoring the car and selling for a profit. Why take the loss so quickly if he only had it for a few months? I don't get it.

Proper restoration is big $$ and lots of time with an outcome that isn't guaranteed. A poor restoration will hurt the car, sort of like the lp400s that didn't meet the reserve, wrong interior color, alleged need of an engine rebuild and incorrect exterior paint.

If indeed the guy did pay $350 a few months back, maybe he just wanted to get as much of his money back out as possible and move on?

i am happy to see market finally NOT going up...if the rise would have hold SO strong the market would have collapsed badly

these values may indicate a more stable market

• 3 weeks later...

The LP400 Periscopio didn't sell at 950k, didn't make the reserve. Valentino Balboni was a special guest and came on the stage when the car was auctioned. He told he remembered delivering the car to the first owner. Not sure if a deal was made after the auction was finished.

25th Anni car was sold for 295k, thats 330k€ incl buyers premium.

The twin Turbo LP400S car by Bob Wallace was sold for 350k€, thats €392k all in.

The LP400 Periscopio didn't sell at 950k, didn't make the reserve. Valentino Balboni was a special guest and came on the stage when the car was auctioned. He told he remembered delivering the car to the first owner. Not sure if a deal was made after the auction was finished.

25th Anni car was sold for 295k, thats 330k€ incl buyers premium.

The twin Turbo LP400S car by Bob Wallace was sold for 350k€, thats €392k all in.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing

No problem.

Here are some photos I've made at the auction. The 400GT 2+2 hammered at 425k€ (€476k all-in) by the way.

post-4551-1423242124_thumb.jpg

post-4551-1423242130_thumb.jpg

post-4551-1423242134_thumb.jpg

post-4551-1423242137_thumb.jpg

post-4551-1423242142_thumb.jpg

He told he remembered delivering the car to the first owner.

Uggh, I mean he remembered testdriving the car. What a great guy, he's always friendly and kind! The best ambassador for the Lambo brand.