Wannago Fast Ocala 1/2 event updates

Lambofan35

Alpha 16's run 8's which is probably why our TT Lambos/R8's need to go from a roll. Am I the only one a little bothered by this? The "rolling from 60 to 180" has to be mentioned? Actually I'm a lot bothered by it to be honest.

ALOT of people like to roll race on freeways (not at events). The events that do side by side racing are simulating street racing in a safe environment.

It's cool to be able to go at any time with a few buddies and rip off some roll races. Afterwards head to grab lunch and BS about it (this gives you an idea why people like to roll race on freeways and not just at events). Personally I like to be able to drive to work and on my way home rip a few 60-200mph pulls. Makes it all worth while.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say side by side racing from a stop to a finish line however far away it is (quarter, half mile). I would like to know which car is really "faster", not which one lights up a radar gun better. That's just me though. MPH's without an elapsed time doesn't do anything for me. Like they say at the track "mile per hour doesn't win you a race".

I see your signature has -2500 HP R8-. You have some pictures of this setup? Have you ran it at the drag strip or any events?

ALOT of people like to roll race on freeways (not at events). The events that do side by side racing are simulating street racing in a safe environment.

It's cool to be able to go at any time with a few buddies and rip off some roll races. Afterwards head to grab lunch and BS about it (this gives you an idea why people like to roll race on freeways and not just at events). Personally I like to be able to drive to work and on my way home rip a few 60-200mph pulls. Makes it all worth while.

I agree with you 100% and I'm also not one to back down from a friendly race when we're already moving. My buddies (mostly X275 and drag radial class guys) tell me my car isn't working if I have to already be moving in order to race someone. I feel the same way actually. When it comes to an actual "event" or "competition" I would prefer to race from the starting line and put driver versus driver and car versus car. But again, that's just my preference. I think the idea of a radar gun and trying to stage two moving cars while approaching a starting line at 60 mph is ridiculous. Again, my opinion only. I will at some point attend the TI with my Audi and give that type of racing a shot. It does seem like fun, just not my cup of tea when it comes to an actual competition. I don't see myself ever setting the car up only to produce a trap speed.

I see your signature has -2500 HP R8-. You have some pictures of this setup? Have you ran it at the drag strip or any events?

No not yet. I plan on testing it for the next 2 to 3 months on various surfaces with different suspension, transmission and tire set ups. I'll post up some pics when the car does something worth mentioning. Dyno means nothing. Getting it done at the track does. When I get it done I'll talk about the car. For now there's no point. I'm a put up or shut-up kind of person. I will shut up til I have something to put up. My Huracan ran a 10.5 on stock tires and pulled off a 1.60 sixty foot time. That's the only valid accomplishment I can state at the moment that is somewhat worth mentioning in regards to this platform(Lambo/R8V10).

No not yet. I plan on testing it for the next 2 to 3 months on various surfaces with different suspension, transmission and tire set ups. I'll post up some pics when the car does something worth mentioning. Dyno means nothing. Getting it done at the track does. When I get it done I'll talk about the car. For now there's no point. I'm a put up or shut-up kind of person. I will shut up til I have something to put up. My Huracan ran a 10.5 on stock tires and pulled off a 1.60 sixty foot time. That's the only valid accomplishment I can state at the moment that is somewhat worth mentioning in regards to this platform(Lambo/R8V10).

Well it was worth mentioning in your signature even though you are put up kind of person. Lets see some pictures of you car, show us how the car looks with the deck lid open. :icon_mrgreen:

Well it was worth mentioning in your signature even though you are put up kind of person. Lets see some pictures of you car, show us how the car looks with the deck lid open. :icon_mrgreen:

Shoot me a pm with your email. The pics aren't up anywhere, just on my phone. I can send them to you

I was there for the 10.5 Huracan run which was great. I think the 2500hp R8 is going to much harder to manage depending if you plan on trying to drive it on the street or not. Only a couple ways to do it right now and no one has really bothered to push the limit at a timed 1/4 mile track.

Any of the TT tuners should have the ability to do a 7 second 1/4 mile pass but no one seems to think its worth the hassle and repair bills. Anxious to see who will be the first in a street car.

I was there for the 10.5 Huracan run which was great. I think the 2500hp R8 is going to much harder to manage depending if you plan on trying to drive it on the street or not. Only a couple ways to do it right now and no one has really bothered to push the limit at a timed 1/4 mile track.

Any of the TT tuners should have the ability to do a 7 second 1/4 mile pass but no one seems to think its worth the hassle and repair bills. Anxious to see who will be the first in a street car.

More like a cop out. Just about every production car that is in the 8s or 7s or even 6s took a lot of r&d and effort to put the power down. That's why all these roll races started popping up. Cause no one took the effort to make the car work. Don't get me wrong a roll race is fun too but its pretty bad when a EVO with a fart can and boost controller rips you a new one at a red light. And no one on here that actually rolls around on the street can honestly say that they would line the car up at a light for some friendly 0 to whatever........

And in terms of use of the car and power. Dragsstrips are open pretty much daily and are literally within an hour or two from everyone. Would anyone rather wait to run your car 2 or 3 times a year or be able to be like, I'm bored I'm gonna call a few guys and leave the office early and hit the dragstrip.

GTRs are in the 7s, Corvettes are in the 6s, along with Vipers and the list goes on. Hell even just about every car line with a 4 banger motor is in the 7s. And a V10 AWD with 2000+whp can't even hit 8.9 :eusa_wall:

Yes I agree that a 10 second car and a 2500HP car have very little in common. I do plan on keeping it a full weight street car as I do with all my builds. I also don't believe the reason a quarter mile slip better than 8.7 hasn't been produced is due to a lack of funds or concern over repair bills. Again these are only my opinions and don't mean any disrespect to any builder out there. I just believe that I can do much better with this platform than an 8.7 timeslip. I've always been a bit of a dreamer ;)

If any of my customers want to setup a car to drag race, I will guarantee a 7 second car.

:icon_super: :icon_super:

Now we are talking, To be completely honest I am surprised you guys haven't done one even if its your shop car just to give the platform some needed respect. I am relatively new to this platform but been into cars and dragracing for a long long time and the Lambo platform really commands NO respect in the drag racing community.

A Lambo/R8 showdown vs. a GTR at a drag strip would be pretty epic.

Now we are talking, To be completely honest I am surprised you guys haven't done one even if its your shop car just to give the platform some needed respect. I am relatively new to this platform but been into cars and dragracing for a long long time and the Lambo platform really commands NO respect in the drag racing community.

All my customers want to roll race or 1/2 mile race. I'm not interested in drag racing my shop car, I have nothing I feel like I need to prove at the 1/4. I think the Underground Racing Lambos have plenty of respect.;)

You should read some threads on the forum since your new. I've never been to the strip and not received more respect then I could imagine when I was in my lambo. Any lambo doesn't need help getting respect almost anywhere, lol.

I'm willing to take a Lambo to the strip just to see the benchmark it does but I'd rather be racing a far cheaper car to campaign.

All my customers want to roll race or 1/2 mile race. I'm not interested in drag racing my shop car, I have nothing I feel like I need to prove at the 1/4. I think the Underground Racing Lambos have plenty of respect.;)

No disrespect was directed towards any of your builds, I do however stand behind my statement where this platform has no respect in the drag racing community. Which like it or not still dictates the street racing world.

This is a huge factor why I have not sent my car for a build anywhere. Right now at least when I roll up to a big local street racing meet or show up at the drag strip with couple buddies when they run their cars I won't get heat that my twin turbo exotic can't run a POS with a tire and a 200 shot.

Speaking of shots, anyone know how these things like spray???

its still has a nice ring to it... 7 Sec Lambo. First in the world. With the sequential tranny i would imagine it would be a walk in the park with good traction.

No disrespect was directed towards any of your builds, I do however stand behind my statement where this platform has no respect in the drag racing community. Which like it or not still dictates the street racing world.

This is a huge factor why I have not sent my car for a build anywhere. Right now at least when I roll up to a big local street racing meet or show up at the drag strip with couple buddies when they run their cars I won't get heat that my twin turbo exotic can't run a POS with a tire and a 200 shot.

Speaking of shots, anyone know how these things like spray???

No problem, if that's all that's holding you back, tell me how fast or quick you need to be in the 1/4 (within reason) and I will make it happen or it's free. What year is your Gallardo? When you want to get started on the build?;)

No problem, if that's all that's holding you back, tell me how fast or quick you need to be in the 1/4 (within reason) and I will make it happen or it's free. What year is your Gallardo? When you want to get started on the build?;)

There goes the neighborhood.

I love drag racing and it is a lot of fun. But if you want to go fast in the 1/4 why not just build a drag car for way cheaper? Look at how much money is in some of these GTRs that are running 7s.... You could go 7s for much cheaper.

I have a feeling the 233 was just the beginning... UGR has been testing quite a few new things lately that haven't been put into battle yet. 2015 should be pretty damn crazy.

Everyone just grab the popcorn.

We went 8.3 with a AWD Lambo with factory Egear setup.

Just out of curiosity why isn't this pass on DragTimes? Also was that at an event or drag night or track rental? Do you think a similarly set up car can run those times consistently?

There are many GTR's running 8's and a few in the 7's. Now they're running billet blocks and will probably only get quicker. It would be nice to see more of our cars at that level at the drag strip. Always thought you guys did great work and your cars' performance speaks for itself. It's always a pleasure watching people who are passionately committed to and capable of accomplishing their goals while raising the bar each time. I vote for making a 7 second street V10TT a reality.

I love drag racing and it is a lot of fun. But if you want to go fast in the 1/4 why not just build a drag car for way cheaper? Look at how much money is in some of these GTRs that are running 7s.... You could go 7s for much cheaper.

I have a feeling the 233 was just the beginning... UGR has been testing quite a few new things lately that haven't been put into battle yet. 2015 should be pretty damn crazy.

Everyone just grab the popcorn.

Were getting off topic here but I have a tube chassis car with a stock 200hp engine that runs 9's and a complete fiberglass body. I'd like to sell it for say $30k?

Heck if you give me $60K, I'll put a direct swap 1000hp motor/turbo out of another car at my house in the race car that will run close to 7's if not hit them.

That's less then a full built race transmission setup on a Gallardo :rolleyes:

10817833_553159548150967_1671243823_n.jpg