Wannago Fast Ocala 1/2 event updates

Lambofan35

The only thing omeg has raced is 2R's. It will have to deal with some X version's next TI so we will see how it things go.;)

Well a 2R beat your X. No guarantees in Ti.. you should know that. Push it too hard and shit breaks.. its who can make it without breaking.

With that being said. Congrats on the official world record for half mile. Incredible time Kevin.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ti is a 60-200/210 race. so not "worried" one bit.

Trying saying that again ...

This time while staring at yourself in the mirror ... Go ahead ... You're the ONLY one that will know ...

TI is gonna be a real HOOT!!!

Half mile is not a topspeed event. I would guess ASS rev to 9k rpm that put it at 249 mph. Even at 8500 rpm, it is 235 mph. Based on that, it is perfect gearing for gtr at that power level. I think the 6 speed manual did 221 mph in 5th gear. That is ridiculous tall gears.

We have seen ASS video of it revving way past 8k, so your post about revving crap to get to 230 is bs unless the rolling diameter of tires is way less than stock.

ASS could still beat the UG car in the next TI not worried. GTRs are not geared for top speed just incase you did not know that. they are animals from 0-210 after that you are dealing with horrible stock gears that are made to top out 201mph , adding a taller tire and revving the shit out of it gets them to 230. They make after market gears but I doubt ASS would ever change that. They know their weakness and strength. Stock gearing and top speed is not a GTR's strength.

Ti is a 60-200/210 race. so not worried one bit.

Half mile is not a topspeed event. I would guess ASS rev to 9k rpm that put it at 249 mph. Even at 8500 rpm, it is 235 mph. Based on that, it is perfect gearing for gtr at that power level. I think the 6 speed manual did 221 mph in 5th gear. That is ridiculous tall gears.

We have seen ASS video of it revving way past 8k, so your post about revving crap to get to 230 is bs unless the rolling diameter of tires is way less than stock.

I agree All depends on the hight of the tire of course. my old DR's were 26.7 inches in height. vs stock 28. I am sure it could do 240 with a tall tire and revving it to death vs a lambo that can top out 275. It does not matter what i think , fact is the record is 233 and UG has it.

Should be a fun Ti and TX event. Anyone know what is the distance for the TX roll event?

I agree All depends on the hight of the tire of course. my old DR's were 26.7 inches in height. vs stock 28. I am sure it could do 240 with a tall tire and revving it to death vs a lambo that can top out 275. It does not matter what i think , fact is the record is 233 and UG has it.

Should be a fun Ti and TX event. Anyone know what is the distance for the TX roll event?

I think tx2k and TI are roughly the same. About 1500-1600 ft.

Hate to break it to you, but a dogbox shifting at 60 milliseconds is not faster than a DCT. Did you see those Alphas move out? Darn near seamless power put down

I doubt it. If anything they are the same. Review how a straight cut gearbox operates. You don't have to use the clutch at all. Plus I bet you it is lighter too, since it does not need the two clutch packs, fluids, actuators, etc that a double clutch gearbox needs to operate.

Congrats to UGR and all the participants! Major major speeds with half a mile!

Well a 2R beat your X. No guarantees in Ti.. you should know that. Push it too hard and shit breaks.. its who can make it without breaking.

With that being said. Congrats on the official world record for half mile. Incredible time Kevin.

If you are insinuating that my car broke you are wrong. Dustin just out drove me:).

Thanks for the congrats on the 233 pass. All the top tuners where there and it was nice to compete with them all head to head with all exuses aside.;)

If you are insinuating that my car broke you are wrong. Dustin just out drove me:).

Thanks for the congrats on the 233 pass. All the top tuners where there and it was nice to compete with them all head to head with all exuses aside.;)

I was referring to Dustin out driving you. I know your car was fine. Point is in a 7 sec race its anyone's game when you are talking about 2000hp.

Congrats again! you guys killed it.

Congrats UGR on yet another one for the record books ...

Also congrats to Mr. Helms ... Somehow Bob just doesn't sound formal enough anymore ...

How does it feel to own one of the "quickest street cars" on the planet ...

Congrats to Bob and Underground Racing! 233.88mph in 1/2 mile. And i have a strong feeling 240 is in reach for the X versions. Just five Years ago in March 2010 we saw a 250.1 in the full mile from Richard Holts orange TT Gallardo. Let that sink in for a second. 13-15mph difference in half the distance. That´s how fast these machines have become acceleration wise. Incredible! Just watching and reading about these cars and events is very exciting. Keep up the good work and competition!

Congrats to Bob and Underground Racing! 233.88mph in 1/2 mile. And i have a strong feeling 240 is in reach for the X versions. Just five Years ago in March 2010 we saw a 250.1 in the full mile from Richard Holts orange TT Gallardo. Let that sink in for a second. 13-15mph difference in half the distance. That´s how fast these machines have become acceleration wise. Incredible! Just watching and reading about these cars and events is very exciting. Keep up the good work and competition!

Holts went 198 at the 1/2 on the 250 run from what I recall. 1475-ish whp. Crazy how fast these cars are going now.

Im confused here, what kind of transmission did Bobs car have? Or does no one know. Just curious people are saying different things lol awesome runs. That is so fast, I cant imagine what a 1 mile run would be.

Holts went 198 at the 1/2 on the 250 run from what I recall. 1475-ish whp. Crazy how fast these cars are going now.

What do you estimate the 233mph 1/2 mile car going in the full mile?

In my opinion full mile is way too dangerous at this point. Kevin said you can prove all you want in 1/2 mile as well. Whats the point of trying to reach 280mph and risking so much in the process. The gallardo chassis/aero etc. and everything UGR does not touch is not really ment to go waaayyy beyond 200mph.

BTW..

Thanks to all for the kind compliments. We will have videos and an event write up when we get back in town.

Change your signature. 233.88.

Only thing I out drove at TI was that light. I never even knew if my car was going/pointed straight. Just focused on that light. Focused really hard after a 6 pack of energy drinks.

It was great meeting more UGR customers this weekend at wanna go fast, we all had a great time!

I have to say Underground built me an absolute beast, and although I hit 221, I truly that believe I could have hit 225+ with the 6-speed! This was my first time out with the car and I need some person improvement with the new power shifting so I hope to step it up for the next TI. :)

April can't come soon enough :(

221 mph is ridiculous for a 2R 6 speed manual, congrats.

It was great meeting more UGR customers this weekend at wanna go fast, we all had a great time!

I have to say Underground built me an absolute beast, and although I hit 221, I truly that believe I could have hit 225+ with the 6-speed! This was my first time out with the car and I need some person improvement with the new power shifting so I hope to step it up for the next TI. :)

April can't come soon enough :(

Watching KC pilot that SL at 233.xx was amazing. The spin was scary but all was fine and he was laughing about it. The car is an absolute beast.

I think I was most impressed by Grant. To think about the power he was making and still rowing gears, well... That was just nuts. That car was an animal, but his driving is what made that car make that pass.

John did great in his Spyder. He never really ran all out and was still hitting 180's. It was a stroll to the store for him.

For my first time out, I was very happy with my car. I was in full stock mode with some race gas. Never added ice to the water box or anything. Managed a 177.2 in my best pass. The car would have went 180 with some more seat time, and maybe higher with some ice etc...

This was some of the most fun I have ever had. I can't thank the UGR crew enough. I am a little bolt on car, and they were all about making sure I had the experience that all the big boys had. That is why I am sure I will have a post with "Coming Soon..." As the title.

Mike

Man, if this post doesn't speak volumes about customer service, I don't know what does! Kevin, will I get this service with one of your basic Viper packages if I go that route? Lol!

Focused really hard after a 6 pack of energy drinks.

LMAO... I had a cooler of diet red bull and water. Managed to drink four of them before 10 am... I was jacked!

Mike

Man, if this post doesn't speak volumes about customer service, I don't know what does! Kevin, will I get this service with one of your basic Viper packages if I go that route? Lol!

I will gladly share my experience with you any time. If you ever get close to getting your car there and are on the fence, or what ever... Just send me a PM.

I am in the business, and not easily impressed. With UGR, I was blown away.

Mike