Why are N/A exotic car owners so paranoid about racking up mileage on their cars

LPDADDY

I find reasons to drive my cars. LFA bought new and in 6 months it has 3500 miles. Starbucks, Home Depot, wife tells me to go to mailbox, whatever. I just like driving it. Nice thing is that it is not a chore to drive. The Diablo SV was different. Needed to have a place to go that was far enough to make it worthwhile.

I think most exotics don't have miles because, as stated before, owners have multiple cars to drive.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive the SLR pretty much everywhere in the summer time, 53000km on the odometer. The other cars are a little tougher to take out for the same reasons members have pointed out.

That is admirable. Driving a 722 that much is great.

:iamwithstupid:

Probably the highest miles on a 722 anywhere. Kudos to you brother!

Also-traffic for those who have manual transmissions is such a PIA. In South FL and Socal I would rather get a root canal than drive a high hp stick shift car in our traffic. It completely takes the fun out of driving it, and there is maybe 20 seconds in your drive that you can mash the gas through a few gears. Sometimes even on the weekends in non peak times it can be atrocious. Has gotten worse in the last 5-7 years. The 80's/90's was the time to own a high hp stick shift car down here.

i have a Aventador that i drove 200 miles in the past 12 months, I have a rolls drophead i bought 4 years ago it has 1700 miles on it(I drove it about 100 miles last year). I haven't drove the other 4 Lambo's I own in years-hell i aint seen them in almost 2 years.

why?

I don't drive much, and i'm board with cars(for now)

When i had my Enzo I drove it a couple thousand miles, in a couple years(until my back got so bad I couldn't drive anything). I got depressed and sold it, that's one car i wished i kept. not cause of the value, i loved it.

I like owning cars and when i was into driving them i had so many of them none of them got driven much as there wasn't time. now I'm not into cars that much and they don't get driven. has nothing to do with value, in fact letting them sit is bad for them.

to answer the OP: its not paranoia its just i choose to spend my time doing other things, however i still enjoy owning 5 Lambos, drophead Rolls, H-1, etc. Someday if the mood hits me i'll start driving them again.

That's the reason I love the Huracan, two cars in one, I find myself driving it everywhere, getting lots of value out of it.

in a year or 2 when i get moved out of America and settled thats my next car!

i'm getting close to leaving america, but i still need to find a couple places to live, i cant live in one place, i like living in 2 cities and staying where i want when the mood strikes me.

I drive the SLR pretty much everywhere in the summer time, 53000km on the odometer. The other cars are a little tougher to take out for the same reasons members have pointed out.

How much mileage did your blue Gallardo have when you sold it? I remembered it was quite high...in the 60s??

How much mileage did your blue Gallardo have when you sold it? I remembered it was quite high...in the 60s??

Around 45000km. That poor car is a mess now

wife tells me to go to mailbox,

Hahaha. Love it. I'm imagining you opening the garage door, firing it up, backing down the driveway 15 feet....getting the mail and then reversing the process.