Enough with this '99 SV crap!

andecorp

This thread is going to piss off EVERY SINGLE '99 SV owner!

'99s are not REAL SV's! They are just 2WD VT's. The real SV's are the pop up cars.

Pop-up SV's have thin CF seats with alcantara and no padding. Naked CF door skins, naked CF sills and console. No ABS, no lift kit, no air bags, no adjustable suspension, no stereo, no ashtray, no interior lights, etc, etc. Also, the offset wheels (17 at the front, 18 at the rear) totally transform the steering agility too.

'99s have ABS, air bags, leather, padding, lift kit, adjustable suspension, all the VT luxuries and so on. They are 2WD VTs! So what if they have an extra 20bhp over the earlier, PROPER SV's? It's still not enough to cart around all the extra weight!

I have spent a fair bit of time behind the wheel of two different '99 SV's. They both felt identical to each other and NOTHING like my '96 built ('97MY) SV. My pop-up SV feels light, agile and like it's dancing on its toes. The '99's felt cumbersome and heavy.

So tired of seeing all these praise of the '99 SV's from people that have never driven both and compared them.

Below is the door skin of my pop-up SV - what does the door skin on your '99 SV look like?

post-1512-1425735673_thumb.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'99s are not REAL SV's! They are just 2WD VT's. The real SV's are the pop up cars.

Below is the door skin of my pop-up SV - what does the door skin on your '99 SV look like?

Guess the '98 SV isn't a real SV either.

3fa037c282b72e395c0b299f6c7be2a3.jpg

So add '98 SV owners to your pissed-off list too.... :rant:

:icon_mrgreen:

Guess the '98 SV isn't a real SV either.

3fa037c282b72e395c0b299f6c7be2a3.jpg

So add '98 SV owners to your pissed-off list too.... :rant:

:icon_mrgreen:

LOL

I suppose I should say the Euro spec pop-up SV's.

You yanks are soft, so you need leather and padding, safety and comfort devices :P

I am just tired of seeing everyone going on and on and on and on that the '99s are the best, when they simply are not. And you see it everytime the subject is mentioned, but people that make these statements have never compared the two cars.

Pop-up SV's have thin CF seats with alcantara and no padding. Naked CF door skins, naked CF sills and console. No ABS, no lift kit, no air bags, no adjustable suspension, no stereo, no ashtray, no interior lights, etc, etc. Also, the offset wheels (17 at the front, 18 at the rear) totally transform the steering agility too.

'99s have ABS, air bags, leather, padding, lift kit, adjustable suspension, all the VT luxuries and so on. They are 2WD VTs! So what if they have an extra 20bhp over the earlier, PROPER SV's? It's still not enough to cart around all the extra weight!

I have spent a fair bit of time behind the wheel of two different '99 SV's. They both felt identical to each other and NOTHING like my '96 built ('97MY) SV. My pop-up SV feels light, agile and like it's dancing on its toes. The '99's felt cumbersome and heavy.

So tired of seeing all these praise of the '99 SV's from people that have never driven both and compared them.

Nice door skin. Now how many drinks have you had? haha just kidding bro. Beautiful car you got there.

It would be pretty interesting to see what others have to say.

LOL

I suppose I should say the Euro spec pop-up SV's.

You yanks are soft, so you need leather and padding, safety and comfort devices :P

I am just tired of seeing everyone going on and on and on and on that the '99s are the best, when they simply are not. And you see it everytime the subject is mentioned, but people that make these statements have never compared the two cars.

roadster is the same...

all cars till 1997 included no ABS, 17 rims, no airbags, etc.. Vs the 99 probably ...100 Kgs lighter?

i am not a fan of the exposed lights also so i do not get the 99 madness

to be honest the only diablos to justify a BIG gap in prices are GT and SE30, Jota

all the rest are imo comparable and should not be so different in prices

i own both 93 2wd and 97 roadster....the difference in price is not reasonable

I agree with the OP. 6.0's are the "best Diablo's" too Right? NOT! Someone has a 97-98 model and there's enough postings that make you feel like you somehow have a lesser Diablo. Oh, the dash is ugly, the wheels are too small. They're less powerful, they're not as reliable.

It's simple. The further you get away from the original, and closer to Audi influence, the less Lamborghini, and less desirable IMO.

I agree with the OP. 6.0's are the "best Diablo's" too Right? NOT! Someone has a 97-98 model and there's enough postings that make you feel like you somehow have a lesser Diablo. Oh, the dash is ugly, the wheels are too small. They're less powerful, they're not as reliable.

It's simple. The further you get away from the original, and closer to Audi influence, the less Lamborghini, and less desirable IMO.

These are all very fair points. I have heard that there is a noticeable difference in feel between the normal 5.7 VT cars and the 6.0 (in the 5.7's favor).

As has been pointed out, no Diablo is perfect....they all have their weaknesses. Even if the GT and SE30 Jota are considered the holy grail of the marque, their big weakness is how rare and expensive they are.

I feel that the "right" Diablo isn't just what's right for that individual driver, but also what is the best complement to his/her collection. This goes for other model lines as well (Miura, Countach, etc).

In general I have a preference for the rawness of the older Diablos, with the SE30 being the peak of that. However, if I had a Countach as well, I'd probably err more on the later Diablo cars with a tad more luxury and no so much grittiness.

I like every Diablo variant. Each has it's own particular strengths. There is one for most peoples proclivities.

If I owned a different model to the one I own I would be just as happy.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. All of this is lost on me.

I know people like to make that comparison, but there's no comparison to the two ownerships.

Chrysler was an autonomous owner, that didn't bring the company to mass produced "Chrysler cars" Unlike Audi. I don't think you'll find Chrysler parts any where on the cars of that era. German quality improvements are a crock too. Has Ferrari quality improved by leaps and bounds? So too would have Lamborghini's. Globalization makes that happen.

Chrysler's ownership was only for the amusement of Lee Iaccoca.

So Chrysler took Ghanidinis design and redesigned the Diablo externally and internally... Luk donkerwolke designed the Murcielago in house. None of the switchgear in the 6.0 or Murci is audi. The engines are all based on the same bizarini v12, all frames are based on the Countach square tube frame...... A 6.0, and Murci are all just as "lamborghini" as a 91 Diablo.... Whether early Diablos are more raw...of course they are.... As dot regulations got more stringent cars got more safety equipment.....

Audi had a huge role in the development of the Gallardo...the best thing to ever happen to Lamborghini. Gallardo sales allowed Lamborghini to stay competitive in a cut throat market

Oh yeah, that's another point. A guy named Luk donkerwolke designing Italian Exotics? I think not.

I don't think Exotics have ever been a "cut throat" market either.

I love every car that's rolled off if Lamborghinis shop floor... I hate the "it's not a real Lamborghini" mentality. They all come from Santa #### they all look like nothing else on the road, all have a passion other car brands don't... I hated that when I had a Gallardo.. I loved my car and was a bit deal in my life to buy it....

I love every car that's rolled off if Lamborghinis shop floor... I hate the "it's not a real Lamborghini" mentality. They all come from Santa #### they all look like nothing else on the road, all have a passion other car brands don't... I hated that when I had a Gallardo.. I loved my car and was a bit deal in my life to buy it....

:iamwithstupid:

I never get the comment "this is a real Lambo and this isn't" to me they are all Lambos made in the same factory shaped by all the trials and tribulations the brand had to go trough, it all comes down to what you want to tell yourself and what makes you feel better, I am sure we are all enjoying them just as much otherwise we wouldn't own them.

I think we are extremely lucky to be the privileged few out of billions of humans on this planet to say we own one, I don't get the hair splitting, anyway, carry on, it's quite amusing :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid:

I never get the comment "this is a real Lambo and this isn't" to me they are all Lambos made in the same factory shaped by all the trials and tribulations the brand had to go trough, it all comes down to what you want to tell yourself and what makes you feel better, I am sure we are all enjoying them just as much otherwise we wouldn't own them.

I think we are extremely lucky to be the privileged few out of billions of humans on this planet to say we own one, I don't get the hair splitting, anyway, carry on, it's quite amusing :icon_mrgreen:

Fortis, these religious type arguments are occurring outside the owner's circle too. :icon_mrgreen:

Fortis, these religious type arguments are occurring outside the owner's circle too. :icon_mrgreen:

Sorry, you are obviously right :icon_thumleft:

Yep disagreements are what make Forums. I don't think anybody is going to change their mind.

A badge alone doesn't get a rubber stamp any more than any other brand though. The Gallardo/Murcie era could have just as well not existed to me. I do like the Huracan/Aventador styling a lot better.

And that's why we luckily have choices :) Miura, Countach, Diablo all awesome. My buddy I go for drives with has an se30... I can never get over the lines and how amazing it looks. At 6'5" 245lbs unfortunately I can't even fit in a Diablo. When I bought the Murci I wanted a car I could put miles on, the Roadster fit the bill. I don't regret my choice. My Gallardo was a great intro to the brand, and a great car.... It also paved the way to the Huracan. Lamborghini has to constantly compete in the ring with Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche...tough crowd, to dump on the Gallardo doesn't make much sense...