What is it worth... Insurance

gemlender

I have been a proud owner of my 99 Diablo VT Roadster for about 21 months. At the time I purchased the car I valued it at $160K. I am set with Barrett Jackson Insurance Co, TDC Risk Management. With the prices of the Diablos going up I need to look at increasing my policy. So what is the car worth now..?? I called the insurance company and they said the current NADA value is still at $160K. To increase it more than this I will have to show the underwriter an appraisal or something to show current values. Any ideas??

1999 Diablo VT Roadster in Blue Scuro with under 8500 miles in fantastic condition.

post-21505-1426712749_thumb.jpg

I have been a proud owner of my 99 Diablo VT Roadster for about 21 months. At the time I purchased the car I valued it at $160K. I am set with Barrett Jackson Insurance Co, TDC Risk Management. With the prices of the Diablos going up I need to look at increasing my policy. So what is the car worth now..?? I called the insurance company and they said the current NADA value is still at $160K. To increase it more than this I will have to show the underwriter an appraisal or something to show current values. Any ideas??

1999 Diablo VT Roadster in Blue Scuro with under 8500 miles in fantastic condition.

We have your older brother 97.5 in scurro blue getting service done. Beautiful color. If you need help with insurance feel free to send me an email.

I have to do appraisals for State Farm for the 01 Diablo stated value policy I have. This is the company my local State Farm agent told me (via the underwriters) they recommended to me:

https://autoappraisers.com/

I have had to do 2 appraisals for the Diablo in a 1 year period of time due to the continual rise of prices. I have been pleased with both appraisals I have had done.

NADA is in the dark ages with their valuations. For a good laugh, pull up their current Countach numbers :eusa_wall:

You might want to try Roy on the Diablo value. I believe he has a good working relationship with Amy Spengler @ TDC Risk Management.

He would be able to provide them with very current comps.

NADA is in the dark ages with their valuations. For a good laugh, pull up their current Countach numbers :eusa_wall:

You might want to try Roy on the Diablo value. I believe he has a good working relationship with Amy Spengler @ TDC Risk Management.

He would be able to provide them with very current comps.

Correct, TDC will accept my letters for value setting on any Lamborghini. Would be glad to help any members out.

call or contact me

425-787-6200 [email protected]

Good luck....please post your results.

d4e3cfcb900eb8e056e96596732682b9.jpg

Correct, TDC will accept my letters for value setting on any Lamborghini. Would be glad to help any members out.

call or contact me

Thanks Roy. I will give you a call tomorrow if that's ok. Maybe you can put me on the right path.

Kerry

• 2 weeks later...

Update... Big thanks to Roy. He had me talk to Amy at TDC Risk Management about increasing the value. She said she knows Roy and trust his values. For now the underwriter has approved increasing the value to at least $250K. I had to send them a High Supplemental Form answering a few questions. They are looking at increasing more but she said it may take about 6 months for the values to catch up as more cars sell. My insurance is due again in June so we will see then also.

Can you comment on the policy amount change based on the increase. Was it a significant change since you a 're near doubling the worth?

Can you comment on the policy amount change based on the increase. Was it a significant change since you a 're near doubling the worth?

Not yet .....I have not gotten price change yet. I will update when I do

Thanks! Just curious. My current Agreed Value is 85k but that was set like 2 years ago. Wondering if I should also be looking into this.

• 2 months later...
Thanks! Just curious. My current Agreed Value is 85k but that was set like 2 years ago. Wondering if I should also be looking into this.

Sorry for the delay... I forgot to respond when I found out the additional policy change amount. They increased the value to $250K for $726.00 a year more. (went from $1206 to $1932)

Insurance is due so I am checking bids.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting the info! Missed this a while back but mine was coming due and I remembered to ask about increasing value. Bumped it from 85 to 115 just by request over email and I think it's about 1500 /year for me now. I think someone had mentioned an issue getting their early D value raised but I can't remember what thread it was in. Maybe no issue now.

• 2 weeks later...

call or contact me

Quoting and old post but this is exactly why Roy is the man.

• 7 months later...

call or contact me

Update... Big thanks to Roy. He had me talk to Amy at TDC Risk Management about increasing the value. She said she knows Roy and trust his values. For now the underwriter has approved increasing the value to at least $250K. I had to send them a High Supplemental Form answering a few questions. They are looking at increasing more but she said it may take about 6 months for the values to catch up as more cars sell. My insurance is due again in June so we will see then also.

I recently switched to Barrett Jackson Insurance Co, TDC Risk Management (American Modern) to insure the 6.0. Underwriting didn't accept my value for what I thought was fair based on my attempt at a market analysis. Roy helped me out big time getting the 6.0 insured for the right value :icon_thumleft:

I recently switched to Barrett Jackson Insurance Co, TDC Risk Management (American Modern) to insure the 6.0. Underwriting didn't accept my value for what I thought was fair based on my attempt at a market analysis. Roy helped me out big time getting the 6.0 insured for the right value :icon_thumleft:

I just doubled the agreed value on the SV and increased the Roadster by 50%, no hassle with Haggerty, one phone call to my agent. Very little increase in premium, but I'm probably paying to much to begin with. But like I said , hassle free.

And Mark the kids moved back to OKC, so I won't be in ABQ nearly as much, how are you guys doing? Kev

post-10721-1459840417_thumb.jpg

I just doubled the agreed value on the SV and increased the Roadster by 50%, no hassle with Haggerty, one phone call to my agent. Very little increase in premium, but I'm probably paying to much to begin with. But like I said , hassle free.

And Mark the kids moved back to OKC, so I won't be in ABQ nearly as much, how are you guys doing? Kev

Haggerty quoted me at $13k/year for insurance for just the 6.0! It was 4 times less with TDC.

Things are well here in ABQ! Just don't get to do many car events these days :-(