Texas invitational Thread (April 10th-12th) 2015

avengerr

just go to austin and pick up Marty's GT. be productive, man!!!

Also the MOTOGP race at Circuit of the Americas is this weekend in Austin. I'll be driving through and trying to catch it after picking up my Gallardo on Friday in AZ.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. The event has been cancelled. Rescheduled for May or something. I think the cancellation is a little too early but then what do i know. Anyway sucks that the event got delayed.

Dear TI Participants:

You give TI 110% when it comes to building your vehicles and driving. We appreciate the time, resources, and effort you put into attending TI. That is why our TI team gives you 110% in return. Forcing an event for the sake of having one, truncating the schedule, or even cancelling an event are not feasible options. You guys have the fastest cars in the world and deserve the best environment to drive in, period.

Over the past few weeks the airfield has received a substantial amount of rainfall. If we had sunshine from today until the event we would be okay. However, current forecast models predict an unacceptable risk of rain on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. It is too risky to move forward with those odds. The smartest and fairest play for everyone is to reschedule TI for May 15th-17th. So we are freezing our driver roster and moving the event to those dates.

There will be some transition challenges with this move. For example, the host hotel will have limited availability the night of the 14th but they have plenty of availability on the 15th-16th if you book now. The host hotel is the Hilton in Rockwall located at 2055 Summer Lee Drive in Rockwall, Texas 75032 and they can be reached at 214 771 3700. Accommodations for the 14th can be made at other locations in Rockwall or even in Dallas, which is 30 minutes away. For example, Hotel Zaza is located at 2332 Leonard Street Dallas, Texas 75201 and they can be reached at 214.468.8399. If you want to stay in Rockwall there is the Hampton Inn at 1549 Laguna Drive in Rockwall, Texas 75087 and they can be reached at 469 698 9494. There is also a La Quinta Inn 689 E I-30 Rockwall, Texas 75087 and they can be reached at 972 771 1685. We also understand that our reschedule dates conflict with the ½ mile in Houston. We try our best to avoid all scheduling conflicts but we do not have options for other dates, we apologize to everyone for that.

I have reached out to our sponsors to discuss our plan. The ones I have spoken to like UR, Servelite Solutions, ASS, Nth Moto, Victory, AC Motorsports, T1, Real Street....have all have been supportive and are committed to gearing up for the rainout date.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and continued support with the Texas Invitational. This is an opportunity for us to have a better event and we look forward to re-convening in May.

Amar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah Dallas and northern Houston (and all areas between the 2) have been getting hammered. Can't tell you how many roads had cars under water here during the course of this week. Hopefully June cooperates so we can have a fun safe racing surface.

Kevin is your shop car coming as well or still testing some new stuff? Would be amazing to have a worlds first UGR shop car vs AM.S shop car race at this TI. That would get some serious attention

Kevin is your shop car coming as well or still testing some new stuff? Would be amazing to have a worlds first UGR shop car vs AM.S shop car race at this TI. That would get some serious attention

It might be there. We will have some fast customer cars at TI so no worries ;)

• 4 weeks later...