Texas invitational Thread (April 10th-12th) 2015

avengerr

A lot especially with how slow the shifts were and how many gears had to be shifted!

As fas as the 888's comment is concerned, why not run stickier tires if you could without breaking driveline parts? Why do you guys always bring up you did it usnig a "handicapping" tire?

Did you watch th video on helms pass (234) the car was shifting incredibly fast . Sounded like a dct on how fast the shifts were changing.

That dog box shifts extremely fast

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch th video on helms pass (234) the car was shifting incredibly fast . Sounded like a dct on how fast the shifts were changing.

That dog box shifts extremely fast

Lol exactly.

I heard the competition was coming up and feeling Bobs 888s lmao. Checking for magic tires.

If the Lambos could run stickier tires and accelerate at a much faster rate, it would be a slam dunk in terms of a quantum leap in performance.

This would be a lot better than just adding more and more power and hoping to catch the competition at the big end.

Lambos don't run the stickier tires because the driveline will have more stress and last for a lower number of passes before needing to be refreshed or replaced.

Maybe. I'm not really sure to be honest. I've never tried it.

Sounds like you have a lambo and have tried all of this?

Certainly faster than a 6-speed, but not so fast compared to a Lenco or a drag car with a torque converter in an auto trans. With those cars you just hear a slight drop in RPM. I thought UR was responsibly cutting power and ramping it in slowly(relatively speaking) to keep traction after the gear change and make the driveline live longer.

The track conditions for Bob's car were horriffic and it still busted off a 234 in the 1/2 mile in some ridiculously fast 14.5 seconds on an UNPREPPED surface. It is undeniably fast to say the least!

I want to see Bobs car at the Houston half mile. Concrete and tons of room.

Dynos can read differently.

UR's 181 MPH trap speed in Ray's car requires about 1620 crank HP at 3500# or 1712 crank at 3700#. A far cry from 1930 RWHP which at a generous 15% driveline loss makes for 2270 crank HP.

In a perfect world maybe with no boost loss in between gearshifts causing loss of power. Then add wheel spin. Tell me how you would calculate for that formula vs HP vs 1/4 MPH with the factors above. Guess what, you cant. Rays car was prob never at target boost for more than 1/2 of the 1/4 mile using an 08 Egear setup. Rays car on a dynojet made 1750 whp.

Please, tell us your accomplishments in the real world and not with a calculator. ;)

The Lamborghini platform already had a better intrinsic turbo system layout. I think the driveline stuff is difficult thing to engineer from scratch. The Hollinger dog box UR is using is made for 600 HP light weight 24 hours of LeMans road race cars is really not rated for the kind of power these TT Lambos are putting through them.

It might take a company like UR more time to get the job done than there is time available for the timeline of this race.

You don't know what we are using or what we have changed or modified. We spent a ton of time with the shop car coming up with what we have and changing what was necessary in the drive line. Please stop posting like you have real actual knowledge of what we are using and or doing.

Drop whatever calculator's you have in your hands, slowly raise your hands where we can see them and come on out of the closet, thank you.

If we bring the shop car we will NOT run it against customers in the King of the Streets event. We will just grudge race it. It is bad business to run a shop race car against customers that pay you to build their cars. Its one thing for me to drive a customers car, its totally different doing in it a shop car which will be faster than customer cars, in most cases. I cant describe how awkward it was to race Dustin in the last event with me being in a our shop car.

We are looking to have aprox 5 cars at this event. Not going to be the normal 10 cars that usually make it out. Even if we have the fastest cars, this is not an easy event to win. We will see how it goes. See you guys soon. ;)

If we bring the shop car we will NOT run it against customers in the King of the Streets event. We will just grudge race it. It is bad business to run a shop race car against customers that pay you to build their cars. Its one thing for me to drive a customers car, its totally different doing in it a shop car which will be faster than customer cars, in most cases. I cant describe how awkward it was to race Dustin in the last event with me being in a our shop car.

We are looking to have aprox 5 cars at this event. Not going to be the normal 10 cars that usually make it out. Even if we have the fastest cars, this is not an easy event to win. We will see how it goes. See you guys soon. ;)

That was super weird. And agree. Shop cars should just grudge race. I know it is silly but these little trophies mean a lot to some people.

I appreciate you letting me win though even though it cost you the kots title. Your orange would have beat lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu im pretty sure. That was the most fun I've ever had racing all those fast cars. I'll never forget it.

I really like that Orange car :)

That was super weird. And agree. Shop cars should just grudge race. I know it is silly but these little trophies mean a lot to some people.

I appreciate you letting me win though even though it cost you the kots title. Your orange would have beat lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu im pretty sure. That was the most fun I've ever had racing all those fast cars. I'll never forget it.

I really like that Orange car :)

I didnt let you win. You are a great driver but you can thank your coach for that! haha

I can guarantee you if Gidi and omegaaa are in finals , they will let Gidi win. So yeah head to head is awkward I agree especially when they spend 200-300k . I think beginning bracket is just part of the game. Head to head in finals from same company should let the customer take title

I can guarantee you if Gidi and omegaaa are in finals , they will let Gidi win. So yeah head to head is awkward I agree especially when they spend 200-300k . I think beginning bracket is just part of the game. Head to head in finals from same company should let the customer take title

Doesn't matter, you eliminate a customer with a shop car from race contention and its just as bad as doing it in the finals.

I'm driving the White SL for (Ray RIP) and Shawn so no rules!! :icon_fU:

This is the same car that ran an 8.1 on the drag strip? I love that video and the sound it made during the 3-4 shift. Seemed so effortless. Thats a beautiful car.

I didnt let you win. You are a great driver but you can thank your coach for that! haha

He's thanked me enough...

He's thanked me enough...

Hahhahahahaha. That's just made me laugh. I needed that.

Cop just gave me a ticket for 85 in a 65. Not sure how bc I was going 62. Bull shit.

What were you driving? Lol

Slow stock r8 gt. Bet I've done maybe 100 miles on it snd 2 tickets already.

Never got a ticket in the UGR car. WTF

GT stands for Getting Tickets. Lots of them.

I'm driving the White SL for (Ray RIP) and Shawn so no rules!! :icon_fU:

Well only one rule😉 take no prisoners!!!!!

Good Luck to you guys out there!! Hoping all the UR camp kicks some major butt

Slow stock r8 gt. Bet I've done maybe 100 miles on it snd 2 tickets already.

Never got a ticket in the UGR car. WTF

GT stands for Getting Tickets. Lots of them.

Car is the wrong color. If it was black you would never had been pulled over.

Hahhahahahaha. That's just made me laugh. I needed that.

Cop just gave me a ticket for 85 in a 65. Not sure how bc I was going 62. Bull shit.

Maybe he was using the same timing equipment when UG went 213 in TI :eusa_dance:

Car is the wrong color. If it was black you would never had been pulled over.

Cop wrote black on the ticket but the car is white lol. Pretty sure that's enough to get out of it.

Yeah take no prisoners at TI! Everyone gets kill mode!!!