Spectre

HannibalACP82

Yep Bond is white male, preferably british. There is zero racism in that. Some things are what they are and not everything has to be changed just to prove an irrelevant point.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Bond is white male, preferably british. There is zero racism in that. Some things are what they are and not everything has to be changed just to prove an irrelevant point.

It's not an irrelevant point and it's not like we are casting MLK Jr as a Anglo-Saxon or Churchill as a Spaniard. I figured as long as he was British or could pass for being a Brit he had the role covered.

Hell the new Moneypenny is black and she did a pretty good job in the last movie. I'm not saying make him black just because but Elba would be an awesome Bond.

It is everywhere else than US.

Bond is a fictional character that was written by one man and now owned or licensed buy a studio. As long as he can speak the queens' English his race doesn't matter, his national origin doesn't matter. It's a fcuking movie character. Being bothered by his race is small.

It's talked about in America because it's discussed. It exists everywhere but is more accepted in Europe.

Remember this?

image.jpg

Bond is a fictional character that was written by one man and now owned or licensed buy a studio. As long as he can speak the queens' English his race doesn't matter, his national origin doesn't matter. It's a fcuking movie character. Being bothered by his race is small.

It's talked about in America because it's discussed. It exists everywhere but is more accepted in Europe.

Remember this?

post-12288-1427815728.jpg

To me it matters (in contexts of having seen and enjoyed all the earlier bonds) and exactly a fictional character: it is what it is, don't change it too much. But of course it can still be a good film, taking the 008 prefix would be preferable imho.

But yeah they do what they do, lets see and enjoy this Spectre first! :)

New Mission Impossible trailer looked super good also!

To me it matters (in contexts of having seen and enjoyed all the earlier bonds) and exactly a fictional character: it is what it is, don't change it too much.

I understand what you're saying. Does it bother you that James is now blonde too?

I agree the new MI looks good. Hell, even the new terminator looks good.

Idris Elba would have made a fantastic Bond, race notwithstanding. But there's no point casting him now, he's just a few years younger than Daniel Craig - it'd quickly be living fossil Roger Moore all over again.

Would be great to see him used in some role before Craig bows out though, I think they'd have great chemistry. Another MI6 agent maybe.

As for the next Bond, it's hard to think of anyone with the right charisma who'll be the right age by the time Craig goes. Off the top of my head, it's just Michael Fassbender (too aloof/insufficient badassery?), Tom Hardy (not charming enough?) and Aidan Turner (too much of a pretty-boy? Hair too perpetually silly? Obviously a bit young right now).

I understand what you're saying. Does it bother you that James is now blonde too?

I agree the new MI looks good. Hell, even the new terminator looks good.

When I think about it more whole series would be better if they really killed the 007 or rarely retire him, and then there would be really a new 007 when the actor changes. That way we would not care about that how he looks and it would be in the line with other characters who also age.

Dude was a BADASS as Stringer Bell. I have no problem if he is the next Bond.

:iamwithstupid: I'd be more than on board with that. Any Luther fans? That'll be back for 2 more episodes this year :eusa_dance:

And yes, Spectre looks like it'll be fun :)

Any Luther fans? That'll be back for 2 more episodes this year :eusa_dance:

See the previews all the time on Hulu and it looks good. Should I watch it?

See the previews all the time on Hulu and it looks good. Should I watch it?

YES. It's all on Netflix so definitely check it out.

IMO, Bond is white. They should leave him that way. If they want a black Bond-like character, I think that is fine, but Bond himself is a white guy. I wouldn't like it if Bond was switched to being a woman either. If they want to create a new female Bond-like character, great, but leave Bond who he has always been, a white male. Nothing racist or sexist about it. While we're it, let's make a new Star Wars film in which Luke Skywalker is Asian, Leia is Hispanic, and Han Solo is black. And Chewbacca is a female.

Wheels what are you talking about. Skyfall was AMAZING.

No it wasn't :P

IMO, Bond is white. They should leave him that way. If they want a black Bond-like character, I think that is fine, but Bond himself is a white guy. I wouldn't like it if Bond was switched to being a woman either. If they want to create a new female Bond-like character, great, but leave Bond who he has always been, a white male. Nothing racist or sexist about it. While we're it, let's make a new Star Wars film in which Luke Skywalker is Asian, Leia is Hispanic, and Han Solo is black. And Chewbacca is a female.

You know, the Karate kid was Italian, and Little orphan Annie was a red haired white girl.

Also, how do you know Chewbacca isn't a female?

You know, the Karate kid was Italian, and Little orphan Annie was a red haired white girl.

Also, how do you know Chewbacca isn't a female?

Chewbacca is a male: LINK My point on ethnicity and sex is characters who have been immortalized into people's minds over the years as being a certain ethnicity and sex should be left that way. And that includes non-white characters. If you have some classic character who has always been black, I wouldn't want them made white.

Chewbacca is a male: LINK My point on ethnicity and sex is characters who have been immortalized into people's minds over the years as being a certain ethnicity and sex should be left that way. And that includes non-white characters. If you have some classic character who has always been black, I wouldn't want them made white.

Like Tonto in the Lone Ranger?

I do get your point and why it bothers YOU. The thing is it doesn't make it wrong. These are fictional characters owned by wealthy corporations usually. They're not real people.

Stars Wars and Bond are pure fantasy. Who gives a fcuk? I would rather have the best performance available than suffer through Lazenby, Dalton and most of Brosnan's sleeping walking. Full disclosure - I am English.

Stars Wars and Bond are pure fantasy. Who gives a fcuk? I would rather have the best performance available than suffer through Lazenby, Dalton and most of Brosnan's sleeping walking.

The appearance of characters can be a part of the character. I wouldn't like a blue Hulk or a white furred Chewbacca either. That said, your points are valid too. It is just a matter of personal preference.

It's cool...white bond can be 007 and black bond will be 012

Redneck bond can be 006

Gangsta bond 008

If you get it you might chuckle.

Idris Elba would have made a fantastic Bond, race notwithstanding. But there's no point casting him now, he's just a few years younger than Daniel Craig - it'd quickly be living fossil Roger Moore all over again.

Would be great to see him used in some role before Craig bows out though, I think they'd have great chemistry. Another MI6 agent maybe.

As for the next Bond, it's hard to think of anyone with the right charisma who'll be the right age by the time Craig goes. Off the top of my head, it's just Michael Fassbender (too aloof/insufficient badassery?), Tom Hardy (not charming enough?) and Aidan Turner (too much of a pretty-boy? Hair too perpetually silly? Obviously a bit young right now).

If age is a concern an Idris Elba Bond character could be cast as an agent near retirement

Who becomes a major part of the storyline allowing his death within the film...or survival

if the storyline is strong enough.

I wouldn't like a blue Hulk or a white furred Chewbacca either.

Hate to break it to you Wheels but when Chewy gets old he is going to turn white haired.