Miura SV + LP400 Periscopio auction at Pebble Beach

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that these don't fetch what I think they will. I would love that Periscopa though. So beautiful.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that these don't fetch what I think they will. I would love that Periscopa though. So beautiful.

I disagree. This is Pebble Beach. A LOT of money is going to be flying around at this auction.

Which cars don't you think will pull the money?

The Ferrari 250's will do well, 288 GTO is a given. The last F40 LM, that thing is going to bring some big money.

Jag 220

Miura P400 SV

1 of 2 road legal LM spec McLaren F1

300SL Gullwing

Porsche 959

I'm guessing $13.5m on the F1 alone.

If this doesn't go $50m before fees I will be surprised. The SLR might be the bargain of the bunch, I don't see people going to pebble for a car like that, thinking $175k

^^ That SL300 is not your average SL300, it's 1/29 Alloy bodied SL300s....In 2012 an Alloy bodied SL300 went for $4.69M, and since then the market has gone up alot!

Veyron #001 is really cool aswell, definatly a good investment for the future

I don't think great is the word. I'm not sure what is the proper word

:iamwithstupid:

That collection is insane! <-- probably still not adequate description. If that McLaren is the one i'm thinking it is (Michelin booth, SEMA 2006) it's absolutely stunning in person, easily in the top three cars I'd love to own on the planet.

:iamwithstupid:

That collection is insane! <-- probably still not adequate description. If that McLaren is the one i'm thinking it is (Michelin booth, SEMA 2006) it's absolutely stunning in person, easily in the top three cars I'd love to own on the planet.

Yes thats the one, second to last F1 ever built, 1/2 with the high downforce kit from factory and the LM engine, easily one of the most spectacular F1s out there

I see some speculation that those are from Don Wallace's collection. Any idea why he would be selling these? I know he has more, perhaps just cashing out while the market it hot? Or just getting too old to use them?

I saw somewhere that the Muira sold for $2.4 if I remember correctly. Any other results available?

EDIT: Never mind, it must have been a different auction as this one isn't until August. Oops