Here you go Doc....

Allan-Herbie

must give thanks to Emilio for showing the car that kidston had on this thread. if it was not for him I would not own the car now. thanks again emilio

my pleasure, Christian

hope you will enjoy it

looked such a good deal!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must give thanks to Emilio for showing the car that kidston had on this thread. if it was not for him I would not own the car now. thanks again emilio

Bravo. Now someone please explain why someone paid more for a basket case?!

that is something i cannot give an explanation.

Cristiann car was sold VERY quick as a very low priced DD, still i think is possible to find some cars for 400-450k euro, NICE cars DD.

so i cannot understand payng the same for a project

i think possibly the other buyer did not seen the white one for sale... or the low mileage...

that is something i cannot give an explanation.

Cristiann car was sold VERY quick as a very low priced DD, still i think is possible to find some cars for 400-450k euro, NICE cars DD.

so i cannot understand payng the same for a project

i think possibly the other buyer did not seen the white one for sale... or the low mileage...

It's nuts. I want to see if it really brought that kind of green. Skokiss has a friend who recently ground up, no expense spared, restored two countach's. I believe they're DD's. I think he was asking that money for the restored cars which makes this sale stupid.

Rob, deets on the cars?

They mentioned the kidston car over on FChat and most over there were saying that it was just an underpriced fantastic deal.

They mentioned the kidston car over on FChat and most over there were saying that it was just an underpriced fantastic deal.

They also explained that the project car went to a collection in Eastern Europe..

Man do I wish I had a Countach to sell! :icon_mrgreen:

I LOVE em, but prices like these would be hard to turn down!

It is really critical to have good information about what you purchase, I know of a case of a Company in the Netherlands that restores Land Rover Defenders, and sells to US customers, prices around $33K including transportation and papers, and then you see the same imported vehicle selling for $99K! at a dealer in Texas a few weeks later,...

He said there was three back up offers as well. I think the car christiann (well done btw!) bought was just not seen by the other buyers. It's entirely possible that the buyers believe they can put a nice paint job, a set of tires, battery, a tuneup & have a 1700 mile mint car.

It's nuts. I want to see if it really brought that kind of green. Skokiss has a friend who recently ground up, no expense spared, restored two countach's. I believe they're DD's. I think he was asking that money for the restored cars which makes this sale stupid.

Rob, deets on the cars?

Sorry just saw this post

Restored two now!

I think he owns 4

Red/black

resto thread: just close the gap between ferrari and chat to view the links

http://www.ferrari chat.com/forum/lamborghinichat-com-sponsored-cats-exotics/470546-countach-12557-restoration-thread.html

pearl white and red:

http://www.ferrari chat.com/forum/lamborghinichat-com-sponsored-cats-exotics/431850-countach-12562-re-paint-refresh-thread.html

Pictures here

https://www.facebook.com/4re.mike/media_set...8400&type=3

and here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.9...1304&type=3

From this

post-60315-1438217339_thumb.jpg

to this

post-60315-1438217350_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1438217358_thumb.jpg

Sorry just saw this post

Restored two now!

I think he owns 4

Red/black

resto thread: just close the gap between ferrari and chat to view the links

http://www.ferrari chat.com/forum/lamborghinichat-com-sponsored-cats-exotics/470546-countach-12557-restoration-thread.html

pearl white and red:

http://www.ferrari chat.com/forum/lamborghinichat-com-sponsored-cats-exotics/431850-countach-12562-re-paint-refresh-thread.html

Pictures here

https://www.facebook.com/4re.mike/media_set...8400&type=3

and here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.9...1304&type=3

From this

10352982_665686166834981_3791667636519843917_n.jpg

to this

11196291_937817919571561_2156419867457358110_n.jpg

11161338_937818662904820_761350401759021035_n.jpg

I believe the pearl white with red interior car was sold.

Which means that the folks over at Kidston had no idea what they were doing and grossly underpriced the car. I don't think so.

I believe the pearl white with red interior car was sold.

Maybe it's in the process of being sold but I just saw it this weekend in person with the same owner, along with someone else.. Looked kinda familiar ;)

post-60315-1438233256_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1438233493_thumb.jpg

Which means that the folks over at Kidston had no idea what they were doing and grossly underpriced the car. I don't think so.

What do you think happened then? A member there even stated that they talked to Simon and he admitted to pricing the car too low. Maybe not grossly underpriced, but do you not think its possible he may have priced a tad aggressively? I agree that Kidston's has some serious inventory and a screw up on pricing a classic like this isnt exactly in their wheelhouse.

i think some cars are on consignment

we have to look at prices of the cars in few last years ...the countach as many other cars went up very much and pretty fast

if the owner had the car since 3-4-5 or even more years he probably had less than 180-200k euro in it...it is possible he had even less than 120.000 euro in the car

we can say he was happy to sell it around 350.000 and quick, payng a commission on the amount

that would be a good explanation.

i think some cars are on consignment

we have to look at prices of the cars in few last years ...the countach as many other cars went up very much and pretty fast

if the owner had the car since 3-4-5 or even more years he probably had less than 180-200k euro in it...it is possible he had even less than 120.000 euro in the car

we can say he was happy to sell it around 350.000 and quick, payng a commission on the amount

that would be a good explanation.

Thanks Emilio! Makes sense.

Maybe it's in the process of being sold but I just saw it this weekend in person with the same owner, along with someone else.. Looked kinda familiar ;)

was the white car for sale? that is the paris auto show car and it happens to be parked next to my jalpa in those photos.

also.. is there something wrong with that awkward canadian white on white qv on ebay right now? running driving, nice example for 385 now looks like one hell of a steal.

• 3 weeks later...