VBUGKING's 918

DrFuzzy

Huge congrats! Absolutely gorgeous machine! :icon_thumleft:

Coming from another Blue car brother that means a lot, how has your badass AV Roadster been treating you?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my favorite out of the big three, I also think it would be the easiest to live with, unfortunately I won't have a chance to drive one because of where I am, we don't have those amazing cars coming here.

Enjoy it in the best of health !

I agree with that! Thats a shame they dont have any 918s where you live :angry:

Congrats man! What's the 3 stand for? & is it a decal or paint from the factory? We need some interior pics!

The 3 is a number from one of the Salzburg 917 racecars. The livery is not painted, and I will get some more interior pics soon.

Awesome car! Glad we've got at least one in TN. :)

Thanks, there is actually another one here in the Nashville area as well. Its an all black weissach, which looks amazing!

V ; when the car came out I had a Gumballer (Also a middle eastern member of a ruling family) text me from the track. He has driven (and owns) everything that car crazy friends would have and he said:

"Dude this is the finest auto ever made bar none. It is so far above all other cars its by itself and its perfect"

I rode next to one doing 165 miles an hour in my Aventador... in .. maybe Louisanna" or New Mexico.. when he decided to accelerate ... it was weird ... the speed was so surprising... like when you approach a sitting cockroach in the new york city sidewalk in August. You expect it to crawl but it just fuking shoots and darts away .. up fukin walls at speeds you never ever expected.

Anyway, you have now purchased what I believe to be the finest performing auto on Earth. Take a breath and enjoy every moment of this purchase. Congrats from us here in NYC

I appreciate the kind words Salamone. I love the fact that you are out enjoying the hell out of your Lamborghinis and ignoring the critics, much respect!

Congrats, looks phenomenal! Your collection is amazing, great taste.

Thanks! :icon_thumleft: Driving the 918 on the track was an experience that I will never forget. Porsche supplied us with a demo 918 so we could push it really hard, even my wife got in on the action.

So it was you for who did I photoshop 918 images way back through skokos?

Yes, it was quite awhile ago, I sent you a msg via pm thanking you. Much appreciated!

Aaron that is incredible. This one must be a keeper for the collection, presumably?

Very cool acquisition. Well worth the wait. Congrats!

I definitely plan on keeping this beast for the foreseeable future. It felt like I had to wait forever, but it was worth it! I can see why everyone loves driving them, the 918 just does everything right.

I agree, I don't like stickers on cars but VBUG's works, it actually looks fantastic, my absolute favorite is this :headbang:

I like the Martini livery as well!

Coming from another Blue car brother that means a lot, how has your badass AV Roadster been treating you?

And thank you! In all honesty, I haven't given it proper treatment. Have been busy all summer and hence not enough time behind the wheel at all. :crybaby2: It has been just sitting in the bull pen along with its predecessors. :(

Congrats, but what's the significance of the number 3? Your choice or Porsches?

It was my choice, and it was a number on one of the 917 Salzburg racercars, but I really just went with it because I saw it on another car and liked that number.

looks hot, love it

No way. ThethetheFerrari is the tops by far. Magical car.

Thanks TS, it is a great time to be a car guy. There are now amazing options for everyone at both the supercar and hypercar level!

I'm curious as well. I remembered another Salzburg that was a #3, but there have been other numbers used. The most famous car in that livery was the Le Mans winning #23 917 that resides in the factory museum in Stuttgart. It's sister car wore #3 but didn't finish Le Mans or Daytona. Judging by the numbers used on the other 918 liveries I would say they reserved 23 for the M&R cars in tribute to the 71' Lemans win. The other numbers used all have some historical significance and were worn by a 917 during their heyday. I just wonder if the owners were given options.

Car looks fantastic VBug. Love the livery and spec. As for decals and such, plastering the name of the manufacturer on the side of one of the most iconic shapes ever makes far less sense. :icon_mrgreen:

11375421_1695723337317792_2033503812_n.jpg

You are correct, the #3 car was later scrapped if I recall correctly. We were allowed to choose our numbers, but after seeing the orange car with the #3 in person, I decided I wanted that number.

I am glad you like the spec, the livery (Salzburg or Martini) really makes the 918 look extra special. I know there are always some people who wont like a particular build, but the reception to mine has been extremely welcoming.

I agree with you about the Porsche lettering on the side of a 911, I dont have a problem with it, but it doesnt really add anything to the look of the car.

I see what you did there. :lol2:

Congrats Vbug! I kind of suspected you might have a 918 on the way after some of your comments here.

Thanks, I tried to keep it low key, good job on picking up on it.

Part of why I like Vbugs livery is that the Martini is so overdone. The other reason is because it makes it look like a hot wheel's car in a dreamcar sort of way. Each to his own though.

Thats exactly what my wife said. Full size hot wheels car in the garage! I agree that there are a lot of Martini cars out there, and while white paint with monochromatic Martini livery is one of my favorite Martini builds, the Salzburg really spoke to me when I saw it in person.

Congrats and enjoy!! Beautiful!

Thanks Cake, I have really gotten much more into Porsche ever since you helped me get my previous 997 911 Turbo S. I currently have a 991 911 Turbo S cab, and am enjoying the heck out of that as well.

:iamwithstupid: I don't understand the whole Weissach and Martini livery..it looks ugly..I prefer cars without stickers.

but hey! its not my car...and i LOVE THAT COLOR!!! wow..Congrats!! :eusa_dance:

I didnt like either livery at first either, so I can see that point of view. Once I saw it in person my mind changed. I will say that a car without Livery vanishes next to one with Livery, and while I didnt choose the livery because of that aspect, it is worth mentioning.

Personally I like them clean without any stripes or graphics, even the Martini ones, but I'm not writing the check, so to each their own.

Here's a local orange one for something different...

mQ7hDnR.jpg

vzXQcPi.jpg

E2yZD5s.jpg