Had to ask...

VCR

This might sound like a question that Wheels would ask but I don't think I ever got an appropriate answer for it; if an answer at all:

Why is buying/owning a Lamborghini often referred to: Crossing to the Dark Side or Welcome to the Dark Side. Ok, I see some resemblances between Darth Vader and Lambos. And the menacing connotations with Lamborghini's and the Dark Side of the Force. But is that it? Any idea on who started this reference? And does this make F-cars owners Jedi's then? Somewhat silly, yes but I would like to know the history, if any, behind this. Thanks.

No clue where it came from, but I've heard it for decades with all different makes and model cars. The only one that really made sense to me was the Grand National since it was referenced to Darth Vadar throughout its life.

I assume that it relates to two things:

1 - the famous Sinatra quote that (I'm paraphrasing) the F is like the girl you introduce to your Mother and the Lambo is the slut you keep on the side.

This references the perceived culture surrounding both Marques which brings us to.....

2 - Lambos are owned by bad boys and F are owned by conservative, wealthy individuals who are perceived to be law abiding upstanding citizens. In reality any could be a crook but it's the perception of the marque

Maybe some of this stems from the initial conflict between Enzo and Ferruccio back when Enzo couldn't take criticism or feedback on the F and Ferruccio struck out to build the better machine.

I've always believe it to be because Lamborghini is a "rebellious" brand. Over the top design, non traditional, etc.

The mind tells you to buy the Ferrari, but the heart wants the Lamborghini.

Could be from the Diablo days, Diablo = the devil = the dark side :icon_mrgreen:

Also welcome to the dark side sounds cooler that saying welcome to the spit shine polish never drive in the rain side :icon_mrgreen:

Could be from the Diablo days, Diablo = the devil = the dark side :icon_mrgreen:

Also welcome to the dark side sounds cooler that saying welcome to the spit shine polish never drive in the rain side :icon_mrgreen:

LOLOLOL but so true!

That's it!

We are the bad boys of the exotic car world. We were born out of an argument. And everything about the marque during the ferucio years was driven by spite.

Our owners don't typically give a fcuk. Our cars are loud. Outrageous. Our doors fly a freak flag. You can't be shy and drive a v12 Lambo.

So yeah. We are the dark side. Just look at this forum. Look at the personalities. The characters. Allan. Aram. Roy. Rob. Joe. (We miss you), Eric. Dudes who live by their own rules and who are comfortable giving the world the finger when it disapproves.

We are the bad boys of the exotic car world. We were born out of an argument. And everything about the marque during the ferucio years was driven by spite.

Our owners don't typically give a fcuk. Our cars are loud. Outrageous. Our doors fly a freak flag. You can't be shy and drive a v12 Lambo.

So yeah. We are the dark side. Just look at this forum. Look at the personalities. The characters. Allan. Aram. Roy. Rob. Joe. (We miss you), Eric. Dudes who live by their own rules and who are comfortable giving the world the finger when it disapproves.

:iamwithstupid: Spot F*cking On :iamwithstupid:

i feel like everyone makes that reference about their brand.

whenever I see a post about people switching from MB to BMW....or audi to BMW, i see everyone comment "welcome to the dark side"

same thing when i see people go from android to apple and vice versa........i think its just a phrase to show your own love for the brand and enjoying another member joining

i feel like everyone makes that reference about their brand.

whenever I see a post about people switching from MB to BMW....or audi to BMW, i see everyone comment "welcome to the dark side"

same thing when i see people go from android to apple and vice versa........i think its just a phrase to show your own love for the brand and enjoying another member joining

I own BMWs and Benzes... neither is particularly sinister....

A V12 lambo? Hide the women and children.