TI - Fall 2015

UR 55

The only thing being discussed on the other forum is data analysis and race strategy...there is no drama other than what some are trying to create here.

You left out where Tony said, "The runs that were short and higher speed is just a situation where both cars are loaded up and ready to go and creeping up slightly, it's a lot harder than it sounds to hold a steady speed, stay next to someone, and be ready to launch (brake boost/antilag) at the sign of a light. In competition you aim for a steady speed but in the end do what you need to do to stay next to the guy in the other lane. If they get going too fast you always have the option to back off and red light it. There was no dirty racing against me as far as I see it, props to the competition there. "

Also left out where Kevin and Ivan were responding and it was completely civil and everyone was in agreement on the situation...and nowhere did anyone say they had the faster car.

Same thing every time... Those who compete are respectful and keep it classy. Then a bunch of know it alls jump in and make it a shit show. Here's a thought. The event is over. If you don't have pics or video then shut the fcuk up if you weren't there or don't have first hand knowledge.

Sam, your posts are always welcome. Not talking about you.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my understanding that the original length was 2,000' or so. Later reduced to 1,500' and this year less than that. Why? Because the Lambo's were killing the field at 2,000' and something had to be done to give others a chance. Does Justin's H overtake Ivan had the length been 2,000'?

That being said, sounds like some are attempting to have even more changes so that their cars can compete.

My take is stop watering down the rules. It's like football playoffs in Texas. Back in the day the district winner made the playoffs. Now it's the top four teams of the district making the playoffs.

Shit, every freaking little joey just has to have his/her participation trophy...

I thought they shortened it up primarily to pull the speeds back a bit and allow some extra stopping distance. At 2000ft these things would be pulling 250+ no problem.

Do you guys think ASS-omegax had a chance to win this TI if they were there? I mean the R8 & T1 were in another level from the rest of the competitors. I can't wait for the next TI.

Shit got real!

Do you guys think ASS-omegax had a chance to win this TI if they were there? I mean the R8 & T1 were in another level from the rest of the competitors. I can't wait for the next TI.

Shit got real!

I am more impressed with Tony's car staying together and that is not a knock on Tony. Those GTRs are very hard to keep together at 1500 hp much less what Tony was pushing. Guy was running twin 76s with a shit load of boost and it stayed together. Tony's car was hauling ass all weekend.

Other companies have a hard time keeping together a GTR with 71s and 72s.

You drove your 1900whp gallardo without an issue. According to speed syndicate, Seafish has way more driving experience than you. I am still lost why he didn't drive his own car and win KOTS.

It was just converted to a dogbox transmission. It takes a little practice to get it down, esp at TI. He was racing his BL GTR.

Shit got real!

Tony's T1 GTR is a good bit faster that ASS from what I witnessed, the MPH #'s don't lie. Not only that we had 100 feet less of race distance and the speeds were still much faster. ;)

It's my understanding that the original length was 2,000' or so. Later reduced to 1,500' and this year less than that. Why? Because the Lambo's were killing the field at 2,000' and something had to be done to give others a chance. Does Justin's H overtake Ivan had the length been 2,000'?

That being said, sounds like some are attempting to have even more changes so that their cars can compete.

My take is stop watering down the rules. It's like football playoffs in Texas. Back in the day the district winner made the playoffs. Now it's the top four teams of the district making the playoffs.

Shit, every freaking little joey just has to have his/her participation trophy...

TI never had 2000ft of "running" room. It has it's needed length for paring (green zone) and then the 1500ft of running space. Not sure where you get that info. The distances have evolved over time but it was always to allow for more shut down. When TI first started it was too long where people were running into 5th and braking trannys (1500rw). I think the way we have it now is golden and often xeroxed. It's an exact recipe for success.

I think most people on here and on GTRH need to understand, qualifying is a set speed to make it even for eveyone to index. Competiton has always fluctuated speeds pending on drivers with 65mph as default. As long as they were paired they got a green. Both parties know IF they didn't like the run, they could've aborted those runs (cause a red light) and force the others to slow down or speed up....both Kevin and Tony had stated this to be true.

I think its pretty disappointing that they wont accept a loss. They still believe they had the faster car. Way to donwplay a win.

Tony has, he is a class act. A couple others are still butt hurt BUT not the majority over there. Go read it again, more people have posted including Tony. Some stand up guys over there.

congratulations Seafish. Is there any reason why you don't drive your own car? UR always claims they go to TI with customer cars, but most of the time customers don't drive their own $600k + car. Doesn't make sense to me.

Rockon,

I feel comfortable driving the R8 to a certain power level, above that I let Tag or Kevin drive since they have more experience. You will see me drive my own car as I get used to the higher power settings. It is a personal choice I make, these cars are retarded fast at higher boost.

Tony has, he is a class act. A couple others are still butt hurt BUT not the majority over there. Go read it again, more people have posted including Tony. Some stand up guys over there.

I was the first one to praise the T1 car, and i know T1 accepted the defeat. However, i was referring to others being in denial.

Tony's T1 GTR is a good bit faster that ASS from what I witnessed, the MPH #'s don't lie. Not only that we had 100 feet less of race distance and the speeds were still much faster. ;)

Thank you for answer my question maybe that's why ASS decided not to go to TI? I guess they knew how much faster the T1 was going to be.

some of these races started at 85-90 MPH, big reason why were seeing higher trap speeds in a shorter distance

Ohhhhmegaaa would have no problem competing with that R8 or the T1 car

some of these races started at 85-90 MPH, big reason why were seeing higher trap speeds in a shorter distance

The fact is...they did not show up. Lets see what they bring next time

How do you know these cars started at 85-90 MPH?

Rockon,

I feel comfortable driving the R8 to a certain power level, above that I let Tag or Kevin drive since they have more experience. You will see me drive my own car as I get used to the higher power settings. It is a personal choice I make, these cars are retarded fast at higher boost.

It makes sense. plus like you said, it is a personal choice you made, nothing wrong with that.

That's fine BUT if they would have been on the normal 1500 feet Like last time, the speeds would have been way faster so I'm not sure the Omegax would have no problem competing with this new generation of monsters.

We'll see next year... I think all the tuners have a lot of work to do this winter because there is a lot more competition now.

Agreed.

There are class acts like Tony, then there are people like Ivan....

Nope, I don't think so. Remember, the distance is 100 feet SHORTER. Think of it this way, Give me a 100 feet more to take off in, to gain speed. We would have been over 220 with another 100 feet. From our data, just staying on the gas just for a fraction across the line I was at 218mph before I hit the brakes less than 100 feet after the finish line.

Just because you start at 10 mph faster doesn't mean that is what you will gain on the other end. Its actually very little help on the big end.

More info I posted on the GTR Forum.

On start speeds, we don't use brake boost, the antilag can creep you up on MPH. So it depends how long they wait until they start you. There is so much going on so fast, by the time you hurry up and get to speed, make sure you are close at pacing and then you check your speed again and hit the antilag, its time to go. You are talking only around a 15 mph of a difference + or - on a start which means nothing. I would have preferred to get the MPH down a bit so I could use more of 2nd gear. For instance, when I was qualifying the orange 560 two events ago, I left from 72 and went 197, they told me I had to redo it, the next run with no cool down or any changes I left from around 56mph and the car went over 200. I was able to get my momentum going better leaving a little more shallow from 2nd gear and it helped my top speed.

If we would have been on the normal 1500 feet that they had last time, the speeds would have been much faster, even from the 60 mph range. Extra 100 feet of take off room would have been huge for Tony and I on our finish line speeds. wink.png

WE didn't have antilag back then, below is the video I was talking about in my above post from a year ago.

U were there holding the speed radar? Or just hearsay?? Or someone told u?

U were there holding the speed radar? Or just hearsay?? Or someone told u?

Tony's log showed 85.5mph starting speed before going WOT. Its in the other forum.

Both drivers were cool with it and Kevin won. If the GTR won , no one would complain.

I think in the next event. They should line them up 60-65mph ( as they do in qualifying ). If someone goes 70+ they redo.