RSC Tuning TCU tune? Who has done it or knows about it ?

alpha6164

I would love to decrease slippage of the transmission and increase shift speeds etc. The RSC Tuning TCU tune is available at a decent price. Does anyone have experience with their TCU tune on a Murci? Would love to hear feedbacks.

I posted another thread in here asking if anyone did a TCU flash only and no one responded.

Whats the price RSC told you?

I'll VBOX the shift times if I can get it done and post them or send you the vbox if you will test it.

I posted another thread in here asking if anyone did a TCU flash only and no one responded.

Whats the price RSC told you?

I'll VBOX the shift times if I can get it done and post them or send you the vbox if you will test it.

Its amazing that no one has done a TCU tune ! I didnt call RSC just saw on their site that its sub $1500. I would do it in a heart beat. I already have a VBOX but before pulling the trigger i was hoping to get actual users opinions. I read some reviews of their TCU tune on the Gs and they seem to be favorable so hoping since the Murci is also single clutch like G, that they can be as good without any issues.

• 3 weeks later...
Its amazing that no one has done a TCU tune ! I didnt call RSC just saw on their site that its sub $1500. I would do it in a heart beat. I already have a VBOX but before pulling the trigger i was hoping to get actual users opinions. I read some reviews of their TCU tune on the Gs and they seem to be favorable so hoping since the Murci is also single clutch like G, that they can be as good without any issues.

I have been contemplating a TCU and ECU tune for a while. Spoke with RSC a few months back and never pulled the trigger. I would love to hear if anybody has done either tune, and their results.

TCU tune is my primary interest.

I've been talking to them on another forum and waiting to hear back.

I offered to vbox the TCU tune and as long as it is faster, I'll keep it. Otherwise to refund me or something along those lines.

I've been talking to them on another forum and waiting to hear back.

I offered to vbox the TCU tune and as long as it is faster, I'll keep it. Otherwise to refund me or something along those lines.

Good thinking. If anything that should help them gain some market share. Keep us updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope nothing. I have sent some vbox logs showing how I can judge the shifting points to a RSC rep and he said he would get back to me but I never heard anything.

I'd love to pay to program my TCU as long as they are willing to promise me it does some benefit and if not, just refund me the cost and I'll document it for all of the forums.

Nope nothing. I have sent some vbox logs showing how I can judge the shifting points to a RSC rep and he said he would get back to me but I never heard anything.

I'd love to pay to program my TCU as long as they are willing to promise me it does some benefit and if not, just refund me the cost and I'll document it for all of the forums.

One of the issues i'm running into is the fact that Dennis as well as Joe from race logic both say their product does NOT measure shift speed or shift time. In fact he said the only way to do this accurately would be with some can-bus integration using one of their pro devices and even then it would require a lot of work. He shared some graphs with me showing the vbox used on a manual gearbox car with a 20Hz Vbox and using GPS changes in velocity to measure shift points - again he stressed the vbox really cant measure a 20% change in a 200ms shift time.

I spoke with someone in the UK who offered to try to quantify data using a vbox on a tt Gallardo and he said the results were erratic at best.

One of the issues i'm running into is the fact that Dennis as well as Joe from race logic both say their product does NOT measure shift speed or shift time. In fact he said the only way to do this accurately would be with some can-bus integration using one of their pro devices and even then it would require a lot of work. He shared some graphs with me showing the vbox used on a manual gearbox car with a 20Hz Vbox and using GPS changes in velocity to measure shift points - again he stressed the vbox really cant measure a 20% change in a 200ms shift time.

I spoke with someone in the UK who offered to try to quantify data using a vbox on a tt Gallardo and he said the results were erratic at best.

My TT gallardo is local to you as well as my lp640 and I can guarantee you I can tell the difference between a .19 shift and a .3 shift using an old school original vbox on the dash.

I'm using just the G forces to see the shift in momentum and it's as reliable as anything else. Heck I can even compared my motec shift catalogs to the vbox and they are down to the .01 of a second difference.

I cant offer any more evidence besides multiple cars local to RSC.

Eric, Doesnt seem like there is much to lose by trying to collect some data and feedback from a murcie owner. I know I would buy instantly if I could get some feedback from an actual user....!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Any progress on this?

Perhaps vbox cant tell you how quickly they are shifting, but wouldnt it show improved times? I mean in the end, if the shifting isnt faster and therefore giving better acceleration numbers, why do it?

Heck for that money, I'd look at just upgrading my clutch when I did a clutch job. I've noticed much improved grab/engagement just from going to Kevlar.

Jon

PS. I too have considered this, as an egear owner, I'd love better shifting if it was available.

Way to bring this back up! I'm still wanting to throw cash to ANY company who can validate a TCU upgrade with me. I'll post vbox datalogs before and after and if there is. If no difference then just refund my money otherwise I'll sell you $10-$20,000 in TCU tunes from just this thread alone.

Simple. Either the car is faster or it's not. I don't care if we look at shift times between throttle being cut and back in which is stupid simple or we just check 60-130 times. raclogic wouldn't tell you that there device can't detect this because that's what it does. I think your confused or don't believe in your TCU tune.

Way to bring this back up! I'm still wanting to throw cash to ANY company who can validate a TCU upgrade with me. I'll post vbox datalogs before and after and if there is. If no difference then just refund my money otherwise I'll sell you $10-$20,000 in TCU tunes from just this thread alone.

Simple. Either the car is faster or it's not. I don't care if we look at shift times between throttle being cut and back in which is stupid simple or we just check 60-130 times. raclogic wouldn't tell you that there device can't detect this because that's what it does. I think your confused or don't believe in your TCU tune.

+1

Amazing how RSC is so stubborn- they must not believe in their product. If the tune helps shift times, I am a buyer.

Hey Guys,

Regarding TCU tune for egear Murcielago & Gallardo at this time we aren't offering the OBD2 TCU tune solution. That being said TCU tuning is still available via traditional bench tune method

The price is $1295.00 for TCU. We will need your TCU here to bench tune. If you purchase the tune and are unhappy with it, you have 30 days to return your TCU to be flashed back to stock and refunded.

If anyone would like to discuss further feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Erik

Sounds reasonable now. Unfortunately taking the TCU out isn't exactly easy. Like its a pain in the rear unless it's easier to figure out then the ecus which I tried to without instructions and stopped.

Do you have removal instructions?

Sounds reasonable now. Unfortunately taking the TCU out isn't exactly easy. Like its a pain in the rear unless it's easier to figure out then the ecus which I tried to without instructions and stopped.

Do you have removal instructions?

Where is the TCU as well as the ECU's located?

Behind the driver and passenger seats. Panels held in by little tiny phillips screws

the TCU is only behind the drivers seat (RHD cars) or the passenger seat (LHD cars). ie. same location regardless of car. Its completely separated from the 2x ECU's and GFU etc.

Considering a lambo delear can change the PIS (i.e. the slip point) cheap and easy, you're paying for allegedly faster shifts? I fail to see how the software will shift faster than it does in sport mode already- after all to its still a mechanical shift mechanism- and this isn't being changed- i'd imagine to have a significantly faster shift may require more hydraulic pressure or faster acting valve blocks. This is more an issue of hydraulics over software...

Also how fast can the clutch disengage/engage? This is down to the throw out bearing- the gallardo/R8 bearing provides a faster mechanism than the old murcielago one- be aware that the faster shifting LP670 has the gallardo bearing. How do I know this? I just installed the gallardo bearing and LP670 bell housing (lambo calls it a clutch cover) that is required when using the upgraded t/o bearing on the murci e-gear box...

The Ferrari F360 runs exactly the same pump and lines (well they look the same diameter, not measured them); it may be worth checking what shift times they are getting with them...

the TCU is only behind the drivers seat (RHD cars) or the passenger seat (LHD cars). ie. same location regardless of car. Its completely separated from the 2x ECU's and GFU etc.

Considering a lambo delear can change the PIS (i.e. the slip point) cheap and easy, you're paying for allegedly faster shifts? I fail to see how the software will shift faster than it does in sport mode already- after all to its still a mechanical shift mechanism- and this isn't being changed- i'd imagine to have a significantly faster shift may require more hydraulic pressure or faster acting valve blocks. This is more an issue of hydraulics over software...

Also how fast can the clutch disengage/engage? This is down to the throw out bearing- the gallardo/R8 bearing provides a faster mechanism than the old murcielago one- be aware that the faster shifting LP670 has the gallardo bearing. How do I know this? I just installed the gallardo bearing and LP670 bell housing (lambo calls it a clutch cover) that is required when using the upgraded t/o bearing on the murci e-gear box...

The Ferrari F360 runs exactly the same pump and lines (well they look the same diameter, not measured them); it may be worth checking what shift times they are getting with them...

When in sport mode the fastest shifts are when the throttle pedal is pushed to the floor, it must be a software thing so if you could program this fast change to occur at any throttle position or in normal mode it would seem that you have made the gear changes faster?