Anyone have the factory rear camera?

Kevin M.

I ordered the rear grill that has the opening for the camera, however it's quite large in comparison to the camera, can someone take a picture close up of their rear camera if you have the one like this? Is there another piece that goes in this surrounding?

This isn't my car, but it looks like it :icon_mrgreen:

cdd2963ae6_640.jpg

I did the same fella, and posted same here.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/lofiversio...php/t70596.html

Bought the rear grille, then found out the cameras were $2000. It's not like any other OEM camera, I've looked through Kenwood, VW, Seat, BMW, Honda, Merc etc parts bins and nothing. The odd thing too is that there's no mounting lugs to speak of inside the panel.

From what I understand most people that are adding them just do the plate mounted one on the Murci. With a roadster though backing up is easy, just pop your head up!

From what I understand most people that are adding them just do the plate mounted one on the Murci. With a roadster though backing up is easy, just pop your head up!

But most of us are not 7' tall like you. If I had to stick my head out, I wouldn't even be able to push the gas :eek3dance:

I did the same fella, and posted same here.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/lofiversio...php/t70596.html

Bought the rear grille, then found out the cameras were $2000. It's not like any other OEM camera, I've looked through Kenwood, VW, Seat, BMW, Honda, Merc etc parts bins and nothing. The odd thing too is that there's no mounting lugs to speak of inside the panel.

So you never added the camera? Is your head unit a kenwood?

Someone here has to have a factory camera in an LP640 to see what they did, can't imagine the camera being anything special to justify $2k

Hey Jason, sorry didn't message you on our way back, way to hot to take a run, we were roasting!

• 4 months later...
While installing my backup camera, I found this plug in the rear, could it be the pre wire harness for the camera?

Yes it is. But it would go to a camera ECU then to radio. Factory camera has a elec. cooling system so it dose not over heat part of the cost.

I never had good luck with the license plate mounted cameras. I tried several, and the image was horrible, especially at night.

This camera worked great for me though. It really works well at night, and the image is much more clear.

http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics%C3%82%C2%...eywords=TT-CC06

Appearance wise, this camera looks a lot better than license plate mounted types too. It looks very factory.

I just used 3M mounting tape to hold it on because it's not heavy. No issues on a car that saw a lot of weather and sat outside. You could do that to mount it between the license plate lights. The cam would be below the heat coming out from the rear decklid so you wouldn't need an air conditioner for your backup cam.

I never had good luck with the license plate mounted cameras. I tried several, and the image was horrible, especially at night.

This camera worked great for me though. It really works well at night, and the image is much more clear.

http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics%C3%82%C2%...eywords=TT-CC06

Appearance wise, this camera looks a lot better than license plate mounted types too. It looks very factory.

I just used 3M mounting tape to hold it on because it's not heavy. No issues on a car that saw a lot of weather and sat outside. You could do that to mount it between the license plate lights. The cam would be below the heat coming out from the rear decklid so you wouldn't need an air conditioner for your backup cam.

The camera seems to be good to be. Could you make few pictures of how it is mounted on your car?

Thanks,

Alex.

The camera seems to be good to be. Could you make few pictures of how it is mounted on your car?

Thanks,

Alex.

I don't have it on my Lambo. I don't feel the need for a backup camera on the Murci coupe because rearward visibility seems very good to me, and I have no problem backing up this car without hitting anything. And I don't do the "sit on door sill thing" either.

This camera was mounted on our private family stretched limo that I sold last year. Now, with a stretched limo that has a solid partition that blocks the view from the rear view mirror when up, it is a completely different story for backing up that beast -- you definitely need a backup camera.

This camera was so good, it ended up replacing the rear view mirror all together. I clipped one of these screens onto the existing rear view mirror:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SQXSR...arch_detailpage

I wired it so the backup camera and mirror were always on when the car was on, day or night. So if the driver needed to see what was behind him while driving, he was looking at the image from this camera. It was a virtual rear view mirror. And the lens is fish-eyed just right so that you can see all the way around the sides so there were no blind spots in the limo. Very good camera. And I only paid $18 for it at the time. It seems like Amazon isn't selling it anymore so that's why it shows around $70 from other sellers. I am sure you can find it for less somewhere else.

I don't have it on my Lambo. I don't feel the need for a backup camera on the Murci coupe because rearward visibility seems very good to me, and I have no problem backing up this car without hitting anything. And I don't do the "sit on door sill thing" either.

This camera was mounted on our private family stretched limo that I sold last year. Now, with a stretched limo that has a solid partition that blocks the view from the rear view mirror when up, it is a completely different story for backing up that beast -- you definitely need a backup camera.

This camera was so good, it ended up replacing the rear view mirror all together. I clipped one of these screens onto the existing rear view mirror:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SQXSR...arch_detailpage

I wired it so the backup camera and mirror were always on when the car was on, day or night. So if the driver needed to see what was behind him while driving, he was looking at the image from this camera. It was a virtual rear view mirror. And the lens is fish-eyed just right so that you can see all the way around the sides so there were no blind spots in the limo. Very good camera. And I only paid $18 for it at the time. It seems like Amazon isn't selling it anymore so that's why it shows around $70 from other sellers. I am sure you can find it for less somewhere else.

Stimpy, it is totally worthwhile.

I like your approach to finding various solutions. I really appreciate it.

Jeff, is the reverse connection in same spot, are you stating left side of center cluster?

Here is a shot of my OEM grill with the kenwood camera I just put in.

post-3713-1457369256_thumb.jpg

Stimpy, it is totally worthwhile.

I like your approach to finding various solutions. I really appreciate it.

I guess after driving a limo for family fun, anything car-sized seems easy to backup to me!

Here's a pic I found of the camera mounted on the limo. The license plate light was right in the center, so I had to put it off to the side, but the image didn't suffer. The Lambo makes it easy to put right in the middle.

2015_04_01_16.42.38_2.jpg

2015_07_12_19.18.43_1.jpg

Guys, i am thrilled by our Lamborghini society! Thank you.

the lambo camera is actually this one, made by this german company:

you can see the company details on this pic; and also see the heat sink slots from this view too:

Great info OZ, I messaged them for giggles to see if they would sell the camera and the price.

In the meantime, my CMOS-320 Kenwood camera should connect to the factory head unit DDX812, I'll work on it this week.

Found this post...

Not sure if this true of the rest of the lp640's, just found out that my 2007 lp640 has the reverse wire in the actual factory radio harness. So, there's no need to run the wire from reverse light. It is the solid green wire on the harness.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63987

Me and a buddy of mine got a reverse camera license plate camera with backup sensors. Ran the camera input under the car to the radio. Bought a $10 Kendwood universal harness, pulled out the missing pins we needed to put into the OEM kenwood harness that plugged into the OEM kenwood radio, then ran a reverse wire from the reverse button on the dash with a resistor.

OEM radio working as OEM would without any issues for about $150 and my buddies labor. I don't know the exact wiring schematics but I was involved with figuring out the pins the OEM harness was missing because it didn't have the OEM camera option on our 2009 LP640.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Acoustik-Bla...=item5d56ba11c4

Here is a similar setup online for $120